Hacker problem still?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CWBOU812, Dec 17, 2014.

1. CWBOU812

Hello.
    Im just trying to get back into Planetside 2 after not playing a long while from there being too many hackers in game. Aimbots and some type of armor hack is what I remember, and I see they are still plenty in the game now 12-17-14. I get killed in about 2 shots, and Im not kidding 2 dang shots and Im down. But it takes me about 1/2 a clip it seems to kill anyone else IF Im lucky. Tonight I shot a guy with a dang rocket, ran up and stabbed him 2 times, and he didnt die but instead killed me....So I guess hackers are still an issue?
  2. Nailhimself

If you want to see hackers, you will see hackers.
    • Up x 14
  3. BetterFasterStronger

I only have seen two hackers in the last 50h I played PS2.
    • Up x 1
  4. CWBOU812

No, I see something strange that makes no sense, I dont imagine stuff. I shoot a guy with a rocket, then stab him 2 times and he lives all im asking is something like that normal? Is there such good shields that he can survive that? And what about all the times I die with only the first 1 or 2 bullets out the of enemys gun, and it happens constantly....how can they aim that good all the time? And Im also not on console but PC. Sorry for newb questions.
  5. Movoza

You do know that latency often makes things seem different than they are? You might see only 2 shots, he just emptied half a clip.

This will explain a lot. It might seem like cheating, but often it is not. The low amount of TTK and overlapping latency+lag are the real killers, and good people often use it to their advantage. That is why agression is often rewarded. You get around the corner first and have some extra time to shoot.
    • Up x 3
  6. Wafflepancake

Only hacks I see - and very very rare mind you, maybe once every three weeks or so - are the teleport/flying hacks.
    As to the rocket knife issue? Flack armor makes rockets silly, and knives well - lag happens. So do medkit spam
  7. uhlan

Hackers do exist.

They are more common than most people suspect.

More often than not, however, the thing you experience that presents itself as a hack is most likely related to really, REALLY bad latency issues at the game server or simple internet lag.

This is a boon to the aimbot hackers as judicious use can be masked by it.

There are also those folks that can use latency issues to their advantage far beyond the capabilities of the average player.

There are a ton of ways to "beat the system" in this game, but in the end a lot of it is because it's an FPS fought across the inter-webs.

There is no even playing field to be had so all you can do is play the game and try not to worry about the suspicious way in which you died.

It's pointless.
    • Up x 3
  8. Pootisman

They dont hack, the game is just laggy as f***. Even with 60 FPS and 50ms ping the game is laggy ... it feels like playing CS/TF2/HLDM a with 300+ ms ping.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...y-since-the-update-even-with-low-ping.196492/
  9. Leondre

I haven't seen anyone blatantly hacking in easily over a year. Though I have questioned a few of the encounters I've had.
    • Up x 3
  10. Nailhimself

I believe you, that you didn´t make this things up. I think many people see those things happen from day to day. But there are many reasons other than cheating that can be the cause of that. Lag, Packet-loss Clientside-Hitdetection, Hitregistration Problems, etc.
    Or maybe it´s just an experience thing. Not every weapon and not every class have the same "power". If you go 1vs1 as a infiltrator against a heavy, it´s no wonder you lose. Also there are players who have very good aim and a loooot of playtime in this game to know how you shoot.

Maybe you should check your connection. What´s your ping in 96+ fights? What´s your "connection quality" (good, poor?)

"shoot a guy with a rocket, then stab him 2 times and he lives all"

Direct hit with the rocket, or just "explosive damage". With Flak armor you absorb about 50% of explosive damage. So it is possible, that the rocket did not kill him. 2 stabs with the knive "should" kill him as long as he didn´t use the medkit between the kniveattacks, and his shield recharged.

TL;DR:
    It´s more likely that you encounter network specific problems than a hacker.
  11. Jac70

Cheating doesn't seem a big issue in the game from my experience. I do experience those instagib kills from LMGs and such but put those down to lag. I did see one guy clipping through walls last night, I haven't seen that before - it appeared just like a no-clipping cheat but again it was probably some kind of latency issue.
  12. FateJH

Most likely hit registration issues more than one of a hacker.

Additionally, the time it feels it takes you to die will always be less than the time it feels like your enemy needed to kill you because of packet compression and latency. Effectively, your enemy has been shooting at you for far longer than you are aware but either a consolidated "you are getting hurt" packet that comprises multiple landed shots reaches the your client or individual damage packets arrive in quick succession. It's the same way with your enemy and your own firepower - death for them will feel short compared to the time it takes to kill you. All damage you receive happens in your past, offset by latency.
  13. p10k56

Hit registration Issues are nice, sometimes it seems that only me having those issue.
    Cos I melt in front of enemy.
    But sometimes enemy melt before me and those are not so gifted low BR.

Today I jump on MAX which was on very low health cos he killed me before maybe 5% or lower.
    So I attack from behind cover literally stepping on him crouching in corner.
    Problem was that he hit me form almost 0m with falcons, and I was dead.
    Best was that he was not killed by blast of his own weapon but he also killed me in same moment when falcons land by MAX punch.
    No punching animation just me dead.
    Those moments are ridiculous. My ping usually goes between 80-120ms with good connection quality.
    It is like I knife enemy from 0.5m and no hit but then some hero knife me 5m away.
    Maybe force lance?:confused:
  14. BravoTangoTR

The one thing that SOE does best imo is stop hackers. I haven't seen a blatant hacker in a long time. I see a lot of exploiters, but not hackers. Like the others said, it was probably a network/server issue that you experienced, not a hack.
  15. Klypto

I have only seen one person who struck me as hacker in the 2,300 hours I've played since launch.

Was it a heavy Assault?

A heavy assault with an active overshield takes 4 knifes to kill from full health. Even with splashing them with a rocket it will still take 3.
  16. CWBOU812

Thanks for all the good replies you guys seem very helpful. I see lots of people mentioning lag related problems. I run very fast cable internet(60mb/s DL direct connection), and play on a low pop server, and it was also early in the morning not too many were even in game I think. If I remember correctly(early in morning up all night hehe) I did talk to the player that I tried to rocket then stab 2 times, and he was actually very nice and mentioned he did have a shield. So is that the 'heavy' class you guys talk of? Sounds way too strong, in my opinion the only class that should be able to take an anti-tank style rocket and 2 knife stabs is that one that looks like a big robot/mech type thing haha. I know im not as quite as good at FPS's now then when I was younger so that might be a small part of it, but still doesnt explain how I die almost instantly but all my enemies...of all classes....seem MUCH tougher then me. Thanks again for the good feedback.
  17. Slamz

Being mostly a tank and therefore being away from the main action a bit, I see flying/teleport/speed hacks pretty frequently. I wanna say as much as 1 every other night. I don't mind TOO much because they are apparently hard to control and rarely seem to result in kills, though I have my suspicions about some C4 incidents.

Infantry hacking is harder to determine.

Although I do frown when it's a hot battle and every time I die it's to a different BR4 character who got me with headshots.

If you get that many headshots and are only BR4, I just assume you get banned for hacking about once a day.

I would love to hear more about PS2's anti-hacking efforts, though. It's a big danger to the game, if not the entire PC gaming platform in general.
  18. Smelgafeld

Im a brand new player and I noticed it seems like I die in a couple shots while I have to hit enemies alot more. Originally I just figured people have better equipment/armor than me, but the latency issue seems to make alot of sense. Particularly as ive been having connection and lag problems in general. Suffice to say I doubt every enemy I encounter is hacking.
  19. iller

I'll see a Br 10'ish player every couple nights who obviously snaps or starts pre firing the instant I round a corner when I've CLEARLY got the corner peeking Lag Compensation advantage over them. But that's still a drastic drop in frequency to what I was seeing last year. Even more surprisingly, I'm seeing far fewer blatant ESP'ers.

I'd simply attribute this to an "Aging Population" or just a dedicated population. I've seen the same trends in almost every server in my 20 years of online FPS'ing. In some cases like Tribes for instance, the community is so freaking tiny, and already educated, or just full of Honor-Hards that no one bothers to risk cheating in the first place or would want to nomatter how easy it would be. I don't know if that means the player base is "Maturing".... I really really hesitate to use that particular word when it comes to PlanetSide. :rolleyes: ... but something similar enough to it could be happening in the current Duldrums that's led to fewer obvious and not so obvious cheaters right now.

....I'm probably going to regret even making this post after this patch goes live and a bunch of rage skriddies show up just to crap on the occasion. But whatever, the OP's question was specifically about the volume lately. To which I think it's clear it's actually gone down considerably. I hope this answers your question CWB.... And you can rest assured that unlike all these other people who are telling you you're a newb; I actually did serve as a server Administrator with a big fat BanHammer, and also used to build various cheats from a wide variety of FPS resources and Scripts.
  20. Thrones

Hacker last night on emerald. There was a Heavy TP'n around behind our firing line shooting people in the back. If you moved your sights over him he would blink out automatically. He just happened to blink into a Decimator shell though.
    • Up x 1