TR needs some love - even the pro players agree...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by illuminati, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Bortasz

Lasher, Lancer and Vortex for Striker, Mini Chaingun and Fracture. Deal?
    • Up x 2
  2. hawken is better

It wasn't always like this. Since launch:

CARV got nerfed (even the recent "buff" hasn't brought it back to its original glory)
    MSW-R got nerfed
    TAR got nerfed
    Cycler TRV got nerfed (multiple times)
    Jaguar got nerfed
    Lynx got nerfed (yes, it was a nerf)

Hell, even the repeater got nerfed (multiple times).

What's really pathetic about the situation is that a handful of the other faction's infantry weapons have also been nerfed... and yet they still perform better than their TR counterparts.

"We strive to make the game as balanced as possible!!"
    • Up x 3
  3. p10k56

LPPA better then banshee for AI. Airhammer better then banshee for AA and AV.
    Every rotary instagib.
    2 years back every Pro pilot kills Infantry with nose gun in Istagib fashion even with headshots.
    Probably few gets banned and from this time I am very rarely killed by non AI noseguns.
    I can kill infantry with nose gun so Pro can do this also, question is why they are not doing this?
    Answer is simple they don't want to get banned.
  4. uhlan

I play TR and don't see an issue with the faction.

I maintain a good +7 lifetime K/D.

Not spectacular, but still...

We have a great MBT, we have great carbines, good LMG's... and with MAX on MAX combat, I can rip NC and VS a new "egress point"... (see, "Pounder").

Is all this angst because of the Banshee?
  5. OldMaster80

Honestly the only underperforming weapon is still the Striker. There is not a single reason to use it over other rocket launchers.
  6. uhlan

Well, I use it as a "freak-out" weapon for vehicle drivers.

I can't tell you how many times I've scratched the paint on something only to have the driver or pilot panic and drive off a cliff or straight into the ground or tower.

For that experience alone I give the Striker... Two thumbs up!
    • Up x 2
  7. KnightCole

Well TR want the dakka, it comes with a drawback, that is overall range and accuracy. Just like if NC wants its damage, they cant also have RoF.

Besides, its not like it takes to much work and effort to close to a range where TR weapons become effective. While NC have to work with recoil, TR have to work to get into effective weapon ranges. Battle bus, smoke, snipers to keep people's heads down, and even a Galaxy drop right on top of the point...
  8. TriumphantJelly

TR need buffs, but it seems to have been forgotten that the other factions do too...

Anyway, 800 RoF cap for VS and NC seems fair, but wouldn't that mean that because NC/VS are limited by this, TR need a limiting factor too?
    Focussing on damage tiers, NC already have their unique 200 damage tier, but VS have nothing. BUFF VS

Focusing on recoil, I can honestly say that recoil is as much a problem for one faction as it is for the others.

Focussing on accuracy, NC get shafted a little with moving CoF and continous fire (CoF gets to this 'bad' stage faster, at least with the starter weapons and ). TR and VS have similiar accuracy, unless the weapon loses out on TTK at close range for accuracy at long
    range (such as Blueshifts). TR do lack higher accuracylong range weapons to a degree though. BUFF TR MAYBE BUFF NC

Focussing on magazine size, TR get a pretty good deal here. NC also, bizarrely enough, get some easy-magazine size in LMGs. They are limited in many other weapons. VS weapons have standard but effective magazine size.

Focussing on damage drop-off, VS get a little shafted here, as it's for no-bullet-drop, a trait that doesn't actually exist properly. Asking for a buff here will make people disagree with my post, so.... Anyway, there is little discrepancy. No problem here.

Focussing on LMGs, TR have many decent ones (I don't see why people complain about the CARV, I've used it and it's quite nice). NC have some VERY good LMGs. VS have the Orion as a starter (it's out-done by it's counterparts though), and the Polaris (?) is good too. VS have a smaller selection, maybe TR do too. The NS15M 1&2 is good, so there is no problem here, at least for TR.

ARs? Why pick anything BUT TR?

Sidearms? Best starter but the others are meh. NC probably have the best.

Carbines? TR have a bad selection but they're good overall.

Snipers? NC, or they start with a BASR. They're all clones though (the TRAP and Phaseshift are still inferior to the Railjack).

SMGs? TR have poor SMGs apparently, but being killed by them and seeing footage, I can say that they're not too bad. NC get the better deal here, but that's slightly exaggerated. Maybe a buff is in order? BUFF TR MAYBE BUFF VS

Shotguns? Heh, this is why we need faction diversity...

ES rockets? TR are shafted here, the update could easily be considered a nerf. Striker needs buffing. BUFF TR

ES vehicles? /Prowler. Mozzy is generic, but effective.

ESAV: BUFF TR? (Prowler mainguns are too powerul anyway...)

ESAI: VS easily lose here. BUFF VS

ESF AI weapons: NC lose here, but used correctly it's alright. TR are getting nerfs, so...

MAX AI: Shotguns are a balance headache. As for other stuff... BUFF TR?

MAX AV: BUFF TR (READJUST POUNDER) BUFF VS UN-SLEDGEHAMMER NC (c'mon, we all know what's going to happen)

ESHW: BUFF VS

All in all, TR could definitely use some buffs, but also some readjustments. TR either needs nerfing in other aspects( DON'T WANT THIS) or VS/NC need buffs (WE WANT THIS). For TR, MAXes, the Striker and SMGs are the buffs I think are needed. Pounders need readjusments. This and other adjustments such as fire-rate caps are needed. Buffs for TR vehicles are not vital, and the Prowler is extremely powerful already.

NC may need accuracy improvements, and the MAX could do with some stuff.
    VS may need some adjustmnts in SMGs if TR get buffs, and the Lasher shoyuld be adjusted. PPA needs buffing.
    • Up x 1
  9. T0x1s

Yea but the AH can 1 clip other ESFs and is so much better against air overall than the PPA and Banshee. Check in the stats how many more air kills AH have compared to Banshee and PPA then come back here...
  10. Bloodlet

I tend to agree with this.
  11. Wafflepancake

I'd love to hear someone in proxy say that fractures suck xD
    I love being able to send a tank colum turning tail when I grab my fracture max. It's the most amusing thing being one max turning back 8+ vanguards. Fractures are OP man..
  12. Liberty

Something to keep in mind with the OP is that farmers league pretty much 5 heavies + 1 infil or 4 heavies + 1 infil, 1 medic or LA, so when TR is mentioned, they are talking about the MSW-R and Carv vs. the Orion vs. Anchor + Cyclone.
    • Up x 3
  13. I play by many names

All I am going to say is that TR is the last faction I have played. I have had to force myself to keep playing the infantry weapons are so bad compared to their counterparts. I doubt I will play TR much more as the faction is just lacking too much and its faction traits turn away skilled players and outfits. They want guns that are rewarding to use. Hit were you aim them. They don't generally like high RoF dice roll weapons that just don't feel rewarding. Not sure if I want to play NC or VS again. I just know that TR simply isn't as fun the way the faction is designed and will likely remain.
    • Up x 1
  14. Rovertoo

To me, the 750 rof Tier is, since it's the "average" TR tier, the same as the 167 weapons. My 'philosophy' is that every faction should have a single weapon that has the 'average' traits of another. So that means that TR gets one weapone (per weapon class) that has the NC average 167, and NC gets one weapon that has the TR average of 750. Anything above that average should stay with the original faction. VS of course gets shafted just because they don't exactly have a real trait, but I think that's a topic for another thread.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ronin Oni

AirHammer has a incredibly loud engine whine to warn you it's incomming and they have to get in dumbfire range to do it.

Mossie can do it quiter, from further away, which leaves to less overall exposure time by a significant margin.

My Banshee kill rate and KDR is doubled that of my AH and LPPA builds.
    • Up x 1
  16. MostlySilent

What I just don't get is people's opinions on what's acceptable to violate faction diversity and what isn't.

TR could use more 167 or a 200 damage per bullet gun? NO THAT'S NC TERRITORY GO AWAY.
    TR could use .75 ADS or less recoil? NO THAT'S VS TERRITORY, GO AWAY.
    TR wants an ESRL that's effective at hitting targets no other RL can? NO THAT'S VS AND NC TERRITORY, GO AWAY.

But then you have really high RoF NC/VS weapons lying around all over the place. Yes TR does win overall post some changes, but somehow VS and NC getting 845 RoF weapons isn't like TR getting 167 dpb weapons.

Like, everyone riots when someone wants a weapon for the TR that's closer to NC or VS ideals, but it's totally cool for the VS and NC to have weapons that are closer to TR traits.
    • Up x 3
  17. KnightCole

Lol, thats for sure, the Banshee you just start taking fire and die....usually when im being shot at by it, I think its an infantry guy shooting at me, cuz its not just bam, dead.....it deals little bits of damage, kinda misses a bit...so I take cover like its an infantry guy shooting me....then all of a sudden...bap, dead.....Mossie, Banshee....aww, well...hell...
  18. vanu123

Mossie is the best dogfighter.
  19. vanu123

The GD7F should have 800 or 750 not 845. VS 845 is okay just because they don't have the 200 damage of NC or 900+ RPM of TR aka the middle faction.
  20. vanu123

Meanwhile VS still have the abysmal ZOE, pistols, our tank cant directly fight the other two, the lasher is still underperforming compared to MCG and jackhammer. Just saying VS are the ones who need love.
    • Up x 1