Why did you choose your empire?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scarlit, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Scarlit

Really i would like to know, is it because of the weapons? looks? or do you believe in their cause from a political standpoint.
  2. Klypto

Vanguard
  3. Titan6

I picked the NC because I like slow, hard hitting weapons and I like the art style; however, I play all factions.
  4. FateJH

The real question is "why are you only playing one faction?"

(I actually have a VS and an NC character on other servers; but, I don't play them much.)
    • Up x 1
  5. K2k4

I was excited to wear black and red instead of blue/yellow or purple/gray. I also had a friend who was participating in the beta who got me in, but then immediately quit the day that the beta ended.
  6. ronjahn

This.
  7. VaIhall

I chose VS because TR are communists and NC gear looks like something a kid made out of boxes in daddys garage.
    • Up x 2
  8. Mitheledh

I initially picked Vanu because I was watching someone play them. However, I'm not one content to just sit back and play only one faction, so I dabbled in the others, as well. I eventually settled on the NC because I liked the look, feel and sound of their guns. And the Vanguard, even if I don't ever drive them.
  9. nukularZ

10. Jbrain

at time NC was the underdog faction by a large margin.. I hate people who choose a faction that's the easiest or is the most OP. I am the opposite.. I will choose the hardest to play faction, the hardest to play class if I am playing a wow type mmo.. I skip the op stuff and fotm stuff. I don't know why I just like being the underdog.. something about wining while being underdog just makes it so sweet.
    • Up x 3
  11. Radical Raxuss

I play TR because I love using using ammo. I don't play NC because of the block-y armor and I refuse to play VS because they're my targeted faction before I even started.
    • Up x 1
  12. Cookie5000

Cuz..
    (•_•)
    Better Red...
    ( •_•)>⌐□-□
    Than Dead...
    (⌐□_□)
    • Up x 2
  13. [HH]Mered4

We didn't all chose OP or easy factions because of that reason.

I went TR initially because I liked red and black, and their ESF was.....better at the time.

Now I mostly play the VS because:

1) The Magrider is my fav tank
    2) The Lasher is my fav gun
    3) The Lancer is my fav RLauncher
  14. thenewbie

Cuz Michigan.
  15. Dualice

I started as Vanu, played it quite a lot, then realized I had more fun with TR gear, so the Reds are now my faction of choice. The lore and aesthetic behind VS appealed but a lot of their weapons felt the same - somehow, even though the TR arsenal all fires bullets, they feel more quirky. Maybe it's the rate of fire thing.

Still love the Eridani though.

I tried to get into NC a number of times, but it ain't happening. Their general aesthetic is not to my taste.

Still like the Gauss SAW and Cyclone though.
  16. MaxDamage

17. Ascythian

Cos NC suk
  18. Elgrios

I went as Vanu because the description stated alien technology, but instead, all i got was bunch of guys running in purple spandex.

Jokes aside.
    I still stayed as Vanu after trying the other factions because... i simply enjoyed it more than the others, as simple as that.
  19. Dualice

Until death?

What about strength in unity?

Huh?!
    • Up x 1
  20. Onetoo

My friends chose Vanu because they liked the idea of future-tech. I wanted to play with them, so I chose the same.

I have accounts for the TR and NC, but I probably won't get serious about them until I unlock everything I could ever want for the VS.