TR: Happy with current striker?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Embermote, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Embermote

Just curious.

Personally I think a launcher that's only okay against air and almost completely worthless vs. vehicles is a bit of a let down and not something that we needed/ not really competitive with Lancer or Phoenix.
  2. NoctD

I don't touch it at all. Grounder all the way.
    • Up x 2
  3. FocusLight

TBH, the current bullet-drop on the Striker strikes me (no pun intended) as okay - it don't take terribly much time to figure out how the drop works. The seeker-range of the missiles VS air is also decent - still not sensitive/long enough that I'd think of it as RELIABLE over a lock-on like the Grounder, but it's getting there. The projective speed is also a little low, IMHO. Damage is okay now given that you have 200 damage per missile in a 6 rounds in a mag not 5, meaning that ASSUMING YOU GET 6/6 HITS you get 1200 damage, not 1000 with 5, as you get from a single Grounder-hit. Ergo, it's now a little more carrot not that much stick.

So at this point I'd say, boost the muzzle velocity a little more and get the seeker-range boosted, some 20-30% from what it is now and it would be a reliable alternative to the Grounder, IMHO.
  4. GhostAvatar

I only use I have it against low flying hoover spammers. I still die to them, but at least I do "some" damage to them before dying. CoF and velocity make is useless (even against air) at any kind of range. Grounder has far more reach against both ground and air than the Striker.
  5. FateJH

Uniques.
    Used to be trying to keep pace with the Lancer. Now the Lancer and Phoenix are keeping pace with each other better and the Striker is shifting into a "keep up with them" position.
    Average BR.
    Rose a bit..
    Kills per hour.
    Declined slightly. Lancer went up. Phoenix holding steady.
    Vehicle kills per hour.
    Declined slightly. The Lancer and Phoenix may have gone up just slightly, unless this is just part of starting peak and they're going to hold steady.
    Aircraft kills per hour.
    This is an important metric for the Striker, since it has a mechanic that is intentionally designed to work against (closer) Aircraft. And it went down. Far down. (This does mean that it is closer to the Phoenix and the Lancer in akph.)
    Headshot percent and headshot kills.
    Now with more headshots, like a Lancer! And, just for the sake of amusement, it seems the NC doesn't even try to get headshots off Infantry anymore, whereas the Striker used to get a trickle when it was a pure loockon. I really have no clue what to make of that but it's kinda sad.
  6. TwwIX

No. Its original role as a air and ground deterrent is completely gone since the drastic changes to the lock on function. It's nothing more than a useless spam cannon now. As if we needed any more ******* rocket primary spam in the game.

I just wish that they'd refund me my 1k certs so that i can spend it on **** i have actually use for.
  7. Golconda

Striker is trash, I like using ES stuff so I switched to lasher+lancer combo :V
  8. Crayv

I feels okay, but it is still in need of a small buff. It is okay against close range aircraft but the trade off of CoF/bloom and having to fire 6 shots; which makes it higher risk against vehicles and nearly useless against MAXs (especially at range) it doesn't really feel worth the tradeoff yet.

Give a fast RoF and faster reload (as opposed to a direct damage buff) or give a faster velocity and/or reduce the bloom even further.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zica96

It DESPERATELY needs a ROF or muzzle velocity increase, an even tighter COF bloom, and it would make it very effective in almost all scenarios, i think. If it was up to me thou, i would increase the damage a little bit, but don't know how much.
  10. RykerStruvian

striker needs to be able to lock on to air and ground vehicles. would be fine with that change.
  11. cyb_

It was not good before the revamp, but usable. Now the Striker is the worst RL in the game.
  12. dezusa

[IMG]

Have you been fighting against TR before the striker revamp? lol.
  13. DrPapaPenguin

Actually, I really like it now, yes.
  14. DatVanuMan

I like it. Could use a massive magazine and velocity buff, though. Increase velocity to 300-something, and magazine size to 8. I'll think I might use forever on my Terran character if that happened, but otherwise, not too shabby:D
  15. MaxDamage

It'll do, pig.
    It'll do.
  16. Hoki

TBH the striker would have to be uniquely better in a niche situation for me to use anything other than the grounder.

Like, guide-by-wire engy turret style.
  17. Hoki

It does nerfed damage to air vehicles you know right?
  18. HamOnRye

Even after the buffs, a big fat no. My position on the Striker has yet to change, which is the Grounder is better in every single aspect.

If SOE is listening the first thing that needs to change is the velocity on the rockets. Right now with the COF, the slight drop, and constraints on the coyote lock its exceptionally difficult to get a hit on moving aircraft. It does alright against hovering or extremely slow moving targets but those I can lock up with a Grounder or maybe score a hit with a dumbfire.
  19. GhostAvatar

Why do you think I put the word "some" when referring to damage in quotation marks?
  20. Anomalous Entity

Happy? With our gear? Who do you think we are, Vanu Simplicity? Seriously, we're TR we don't get to be happy with our gear... Even our 2nd year anniversary armor is designed to be hated by us and a severe detriment in combat.