MAX faction abilities

Discussion in 'MAX' started by The Walrus Whisperer, Oct 9, 2014.

1. The Walrus Whisperer

I always see NC and TR complain about their FSA and I would like to give my .02 Nantites...
    Just be glad your FSA isn't to glow in the dark and take more damage. Sure you can kill with one less bullet and strafe ever so slightly faster. NC and TR have toggle abilities and we have a cool down ability that is more likely to get you killed than anything else. Just be glad you don't have ZOE.
  2. MetalCotton

I have a giant square blue glowing shield that does jack.

Stick with charge anyways, it's more useful than any of the FSAs will be.
    • Up x 3
  3. The Walrus Whisperer

I'd rather have a glowing sheild then glowing arms that blind me at night!
  4. DatVanuMan

ZOE= Make the mobility the same it was pre-nerf. Lose the damage buff and make it more accurate instead. Make damage taken increased by 15% or something.

Aegis= Increase the amount of damage it can take. Decrease the time it takes for it to equip itself. Decrease the speed of the MAX by a bit.

Lockdown= Allow the MAX to move VERY slowly. Reload speed and fire rate are increase, so recoil should be increased slightly.
  5. Casterbridge

...yeah sure that's not going to be anywhere near as OP as it was before.
  6. DatVanuMan

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY:
    It has actual mobility, because right now, it does CRAP, and you must admit that. ZOE is the worst MAX ability in the game right now. It lost its damage and speed, and all it does now is make you take more damage and look like a massive pink lamp. The mobility it used to have is RESTORED, but it no longer deals increased damage; rather, it has more accuracy. Plus, did you not see the 15% additional damage part? 15% is A LOT. And also, did you not see my Aegis shield part? I'm making it useful for you, man.
  7. The Walrus Whisperer

Lockdown should never let you move rotate maybe but never move.
  8. DatVanuMan

Bro, lockdown goes against the TR's demographic of speed. They SHOULD move, only they are incredibly slow, and recoil has been increased, so you can expect them to have a slightly harder time shooting you at range.
  9. The Walrus Whisperer

The point of lock down is sacrificing all mobility for increased firepower just like SIEGE MODE ON THE PROWLER. It's not as underpowered as ANY OTHER FACTIONS. I would love lock down as a VS or NC MAX the TR have the one decent MAX ability they just have to use correctly such as AA MAXes and holding points.
    I am going to tell you a story one time I ran to A point at Dahaka south post ENTIRE ROOM was filled with locked down MAXes and needless to say we never got A point back.
  10. DatVanuMan

Imagine this:
    Higher mobility, better accuracy.
    Better shield, quicker equip.
    SLOW as HELL movement, increased recoil. We're adding ONE tiny draw back to the TR's ability, and it'll make them a bit happier, man. What's wrong with them moving slowly, anyways? You can still shoot them!XD
  11. The Walrus Whisperer

It's the fact that they plant their feet to the ground allowing them to boost the ROF to points that would knock an unlocked down max on its ***.
  12. Makora

The biggest problem ZOE had from the very beginning was the mobility buff! Simply because the added mobility completely negated the resistance debuff by allowing the MAX to use the ****** netcode with ADADAD and dodge incoming fire. Furthermore it directly crossed over and even surpassed the performance and function of Charge. MAX is not supposed to be fast, Charge balances this out by not letting you shoot while charging and your direction of movement is very sluggish, so you can't suddenly turn 90 degrees in movement.

Lockdown has the problem of not enough benefit for the massive downside. Lockdown should the ability that gives you fire-rate AND accuracy simply because you are a glorified turret.
    The Aegis shield, is just weird. In one way the shield could be bigger so you can also provide cover to friendlies. Possibly twice as wide with a "one-way" effect. It blocks incoming fire but lets through outgoing. Possibly even a max rank upgrade where it becomes like a bubble shield big enough for like 4 people+MAX.
    ZOE is a very difficult duck to give a unique role to. Think of it as what the striker is to rocket launchers. All bases are covered so you can't really make it unique. This is going to sound crazy but one thing that just MIGHT work is instead of a speed buff, a straight up damage buff. More then now. So you are more squishy, but hit harder, and you could make it a doggle. Because there is no speed buff, the weakened defense really does come into effect because you can't dodge damn near everything being fired your way.

Of course you could build it into a suicide bomber where you activate it, a timer starts, and any damage you take gets put into a pool. Once the timer ends your Zealot Overdrive blows up, vaporizing you and damaging anything nearby depending on how much damage you took. Of course that creates issues of how exactly do you counter something like this. Can you EMP the crazy haji to blow it up outright? Can you pour enough damage into the MAX to make it blow up early? Killing it, and the rest of it's team along with it.
    My point is. The ZOE of old will never come back. And any new version of it must follow the same rules as the rest of the abilities. They must be situational with as little overlap with existing abilities as possible. They must be made so at equal times you might be better off using something else.
  13. Predator01cz

plz watch this first:

now ZOE has been nerfed into oblivion and as this guy states, abillity that gives mobility to a unit whose only weakness is lack of mobility can only be either overpowered or not strong enough to be useful.

As a result the ZOE is broken at its very core and does not need any buffs or nerfs, it simply needs to be completely redesigned
    • Up x 1
  14. ComradeHX

We already have increased recoil from weapons firing faster.

Slow movement is bad(and it's not worth anything).

Lockdown could use a much quicker deploy time but keep the undeploy time.
    • Up x 1
  15. DatVanuMan

Okay...
    I hereon announce that Lockdown has a more rapid deploy time!
    Come on, man. Don't you want something else? Something that can make Lockdown a bit more unique?
  16. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Would lessening it's drawback make it more unique?
    Give it an actual collision box and Leg sields that block grenades thrown too close and rockets aimed too low (from the front).
    The problem with ZOE was that it desynced the hitbox. Can't go that much faster than it does now.
    The real design problem is it does the same on both sides.
    Take more damage, deal more damage? lame.
    But take more damage, more accuracy or range? That works. That's an actual tradeoff, instead of an ability whose only use is to mop up faster after a win.
  17. Covah

Zoe should have the same speed increase than pre-nerf, but no DMG buff, get rid of the armor nerf but make it last only 10 sec or 8 or i don't know, and keep the use/cooldown mechanic.

Anchor should work like PS1 and give ROF + Accuracy
    Or change it to the ps1 berserk mode that gives bonus ROF and small accuracy bonus....works like ZOE with a use then a cooldown.

Aegis...feels fine when i play NC, maybe change it to the PS1-style shield....gives 100% protection but instantly stop when the max shoot or shield goes empty...shield HP and regen cooldown to define.
  18. MrForz

Honestly I can't manage to complain about the Aegis Shield. This thing always saves my metal-plated hide, gets me to win trades during fights and has a measure of teamplay within groups, especially when attempting to break into zones.

You can't imagine the number of people who actually decide to grow a pair and get into the fight when the MAX goes in and soaks an insane amount of damage. It's definitely worth more than some KDA boosting ability.
    • Up x 1
  19. CrimsonEclipse5

^This. Make it happen.
    It would mean that if you overextend, you can at least go out with a bang (lol), but it's not something you could just use at any time.
    It would a single max to clear an entire point, easily, however without backup ready to rush in after the overdrive 'splodes, it would just be a waste of 450 Nantes. You would be sacrificing your solo longevity for the ability to basically solo max rush. If implemented well, this could be just what we need.
    • Up x 1
  20. MiniSentrygun

till somehow a rocket manages ignore the shield and kill you regardless.