Orion Revamp.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DatVanuMan, Oct 5, 2014.

1. NinjaTurtle

You mean good..... I can go with that would make you easier to kill

Oh and their needs to be an actual reason behind making a suggestion and a logical motive otherwise it has no credibility. If you want to change something for the sake of changing something that is silly.

You could at least have tried making a suggestion on a weapon like the Polaris that would make it good

Still never mind
  2. NinjaTurtle

Or it could be you knew putting "Orion" in title would guarantee a large amount of traffic coming to your thread

In which case GG
    • Up x 1
  3. DatVanuMan

1st of all: That was not the intention;)
    2nd of all: The Polaris IS how all VS weapons are supposed to be.
    3rd of all: The reason I want to change the Orion is because IT IS A TERRAN WEAPON at the core. The RoF, the damage model, the recoil, the accuracy... ALL are not Vanu-like. Do you know understand?
  4. Ohmlink

Can't say I'm not going to agree that Vanu weapons are supposed to have terrible dps, and I'm not going to agree that 143 is a TR damage profile.

I'm not going to say 155 is good or bad change but why change a good gun? Why not make the LSW into that?

I too like the SVA-88 more than the Orion, but is the SVA a TR gun too?
  5. NinjaTurtle

In that case do you want to give up the Commissioner to NC as that is at it's core an NC weapon and should have been ES?
  6. DatVanuMan

1. The VS aren't supposed to have TERRIBLE DPS. I'd say a bit lower than the other factions, but could be theoretically higher because you'd be able to land more shots. The TR should have bullet hose guns with the maximum damage model being 143.
    2. This is about the ORION. This is merely a suggestion that will never be implemented, and anyways, I consider the LSW to be better than the SVA.
    Which leads us to point 3. No, the SVA is not a TR weapon. I may hate it, but the LSW is exactly the same, but I for whatever reason have an easier time with it than the 88.
  7. DatVanuMan

Sure. If the devs are willing to give us an actual Spiker, or an actual Lasher pistol, or an ACTUALLY EFFECTIVE pistol for that matter that isn't based off NC pistols;)
  8. Shanther

I know my LMGs very well and the SVA-88 is a shell of what it used to be. It USED to be arguably better then the Orion, now that isn't the case. It is a side grade. Furthermore the SVA-88 isn't a true CQC LMG.
  9. Yeahy

1. DPS literally means DPS. Whether you hit more shots or not has nothing to do with it. And good luck getting TR to agree with bullet hose weapons.
    2. LSW better than 88? Really? I MEAN REALLY?
    3. LSW is exactly the same was what?
  10. Posse

He probably knows more about his weapons than you do, considering he has more kills with both the Orion and the SVA-88 than you'll probably ever have.

In any case...

That's actually the only thing that made at least some degree of sense among all the BS he spewed, I also found the LSW slightly (VERY slightly) better than the SVA after the SVA nerf.
  11. DatVanuMan

Okay. Let me gather my facts...
    Has the 0.75 movement speed ADS bonus.
    Has a larger magazine than the Orion.
    Has more attachments with which it can be more controllable than the Orion.
    Higher velocity.
    Slightly less RoF, but the difference is trivial.
    Higher accuracy.
    Is there something I am missing? HOW IS IT NOT a CQC LMG? The Orion is a CQC LMG, but the fact that it is a TERRAN one in frozen fish disguise makes me feel stupid.
  12. DatVanuMan

Would you like to know why, O Mr. Defend Those Who Are Better Than Other People?
    Because ONE, he has played this game longer than I have.
    TWO, I HATE both weapons.
    And THREE, the video sucked and you may as well live with it. Seriously man, this was a small conversation between Shan and me. If you want to interfere so suddenly and abruptly, at least be on the neutral side, because it's pretty damned obvious that you and I may not get along very well.
  13. Shadowomega

Well there is a need for a second set LMGs after the second set of Carbines and Assault Rifles was released a few months ago. Would something that this weapon could fill.
  14. Shanther

0.75 -> Okay? What is your point?
    Larger Mag -> So does every other LMG. Heck the Betelgeuse has less ammo then the Orion.
    Attachments -> They don't mean anything if the gun doesn't need them.
    Controllable -> The Orion is perfectly controllable
    Higher Velo -> A reason the SVA-88 isn't a true CQC LMG
    RoF -> Slower /shrug
    Accuracy -> They have the same ADS accuracy. The Orion actually has better Hip fire.

The Orion also has a faster reload and better CoF then the SVA does. The SVA is more a mid range powerhouse then a true CQC LMG.
    • Up x 2
  15. Liberty

I quoted this post, but really there are many posts I could have quoted here.

You are a BR 53 (18% of your way to BR 100) with one LMG auraxuim under your belt. (Not counting the lasher which really isn't an LMG) Sadly you aren't really in a place yet to say where all VS weapons are or are meant to be.

You are going off of "Feelings" rather than objectively looking at weapon roles.

The Orion is no more of a Terran weapon than the HV-45, the GD-F7, the Serpent, the VX6-7, or the GR-22 is. Instead there are different tiers of RoF for all weapons across all factions with higher RoF weapons taking on a series of traits that gear them towards CQC such as :

Higher first shot recoil multiplier
    Better starting hip CoF
    Longer reload speeds (than those of lower RoF weapons with the same mag size)
    Lack of compensator but usually having SPA or ALS
    etc.

When pushing for changes to a weapon, keep them within the original spirit / niche that the weapon was intended for. You are looking to create a mid to long ranged weapon with better damage dropoff and higher accuracy so you want to look towards the mid range options and tweak one of those. The SVA is built around the 0.75 ADS and being less accurate (so probably not the best choice for your super accurate weapon) the Polaris is a high capacity low RoF weapon with a good many attatchment options, again probably not the best choice as it fills more of a suppression role. The Pulsar, as many have already told you fills the best spot for your suggestion, not because you don't like the Orion, but because it is already the closest to the role you want to create for a weapon.

Also, to dispel the myth : VS is not the hyper accurate faction, they have the same or similar values for bloom per shot, recoil values, and starting CoF for both ADS and hip when compared to the other factions. If anything, their trait is low damage per mag but slightly faster reload and some higher first shot recoil multipliers.
    • Up x 3
  16. Person7man

How about stop crying for orion nerfs, and add these stats to the Polaris. That will make it usable instead of the pile of waste it is now.
  17. TheKhopesh

Plasma actually deteriorates when coming into contact with solid matter at high speeds.
    (Even gasses, like the air it would be fired through would severely deteriorate it's form, causing it to dissapate shortly after leaving the barrel.)

Fire (The flames themselves) is actually a relatively cool form of plasma.

Ever quickly run your finger through the flames of a lighter?
    You barely feel any heat.
    But now do the same thing, but reeeeally slowly.
    You'll burn your finger.

The same applies to using plasma as a weapon.
    The faster it moves, the less the amount of heat that gets imparted to the target.
    Plasma really wouldn't do much damage to a target (all it would do is flash burn a section of armor or skin) compared to bullets that punch into the body and rattle around tearing up major internal organs.

If we gave "Those vanu nut jobs... firing plasma at us" "plasma damage", they'd be doing 100-112 damage per shot, TOPS.

Also, High damage tier weaponry is faction specific to the NC already. ;)

Many have pointed out that the Canister is actually gimped in that it has no flak, so it cannot effect targets without line of sight.
    Meanwhile, the TR and VS AI top gun weapons (marauder and PPA) DO have flak damage.

The canister really needs to just be a top mounted Air Hammer (with less damage to armor of course, so as to mimic the damage that the Marauder and PPA can impart).

As for the Banshee, I forget the reason, but a while back someone pointed out how a top mounted banshee would have to be either blatantly P, or utter garbage.
    (Sorry I don't remember what the reason was. If I find it, I'll let you know though!)
    • Up x 1
  18. TheKhopesh

The Polaris is like a more accurate version of the NC's EM1.
    (Both are crap though.)

They're built around the concept of a long range weapon, then all the ranged potential is ripped out, and then given some god awful close range stats/attachments. :(

Just make them about NS-15M accurate, with ranged attachments and you've got a decent weapon option (not that the NC need more ranged weapons o_O Personally, I would rather see the EM1 be changed to a nice 143 damage 750 RPM weapon so we can keep up with the Orion/MSW-R without needing to switch to shotguns).
  19. DatVanuMan

Can't even reply to this. A BR100 DasAnfall member is against me now:(
  20. SanPelicano

We dont know the exact mechanism of Vanu weapons. Plasma bullets may be covered with a kind of energy layer which is preventing the deterioration of plasma. This means the inner part of bullet probably has enormous pressure and temperature. So,when its contacting with matter starts acting just like a waterballoon, but with an explosion and huge heat emission which could be devastating.
    In game bullet velocity is not high speed.
    BTW it is only my speculating...

Well, the matter of the core of the Sun is also a 15miilion K plasma and you will burn no matter how fast you try to move through it cuz you cant move that fast... Your example feels too relative to me.
    Again,We know nothing about Vanu weapons.

As I remember, this guy said Phases*** is better than Parallax, cuz you dont have to reload it :eek:

Ok. But Why 155 DMG...

Now there are 4 damage tiers....125,143,167,200
    The base health is 1000.
    This means:
    125 DMG tier needs 8 bullets to kill
    143 DMG tier needs 6,99 bullets to kill
    167 DMG tier needs 5,98 bullets to kill
    200 DMG tier needs 5 bullets to kill

Your 155 dmg tier also needs 6,45 bullets to kill, so basically your orion would remain a 143 DMG tier weapon with lower ROF and mag size with 0.65 ADS.... no thanks.
    The results wont change by calculating with 1.5 HS multipler.
    • Up x 2