Post your "Hitching" Videos

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Oct 3, 2014.

1. RadarX

As we've mentioned what players are reporting as "hitching" is a top priority for the team. Various issues are contributing to this and in order to ensure we crack as many as possible at once we are asking players to submit any videos you have of this behavior.

If you want to provide feedback on hitching in general, I'm going to ask you do it in an existing thread.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!
    • Up x 3
  2. trustedaid

After the patch today, the hitching has for the most part been eliminated. There might be a little still, but for the most part it's gone.
    • Up x 2
  3. Iridar51

I'm not sure how useful the videos are going to be, considering there is no way to know if it's the problem with recording soft/hardware, or the game.

That said, here's the video that I recorded in a few days just before the october patch:

You can see hitches at:
    0:57 - when I get a kill on the infiltrator
    1:53 - when I get a kill on the engineer and a level up

These are two "hitches" that I KNOW not to be something that I edited myself.

I use a Avermedia LGP Lite to record, which is an external hardware encoder that drops encoded footage on the PC's hard drive via mini USB cable. It should provide a consistent framerate, but I have noticed it glitching before, so I can't claim with 100% certainty that those are game glitches.
    • Up x 2
  4. SeanFree

I couldn't show you a video of the hitching because every time I've logged on after the patch, my game gets stuck at 94% loading for 5 minutes then I log on for the game to run at 5 fps max on the menus. I get bad fps normally...but bad fps is 20-30 depending on the fight. The game crashes immediately when I spawn in. I can't tell if it's excessive hitching or what, thought I'd leave my experience here though.
  5. Claymore113

Would love to post a video but the in-game capture system isn't working and I've now dropped to 1-0 fps anywhere I go. I love you guys so ******* much.
  6. LibertyRevolution

• Up x 2
  7. Ransurian

The October patch is when things got really, really bad.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ransurian

• Up x 2
  9. LibertyRevolution

Yep, you are as bad off as Verviedi. :(

My hitching is not that bad, mine is similar to Iridar51's video. I'll record some tonight and post it here.
  10. shadowstaIker

BUMP game has become unplayable because of the new patch introducing micro stuttering AKA hitching
  11. -Synapse-

I recorded a good half hour of gameplay, quite a bit of hitching throughout. It's still uploading but it will be viewable sometime tomorrow right here: http://youtu.be/G34CHyhnMQA

Hope this helps.
  12. Aachoo

Game unplayable for me fps jumping all over the place connection good computer high end running titan z graphics card all other games working fine. Was working fine before update
  13. S7rudL

14. Joexer

Ironic thing is I cant take video because of the hitching(camstudio is fullscreen only and desyncs in hitches) But i can list quite a few.. Ping jumping from 55-20000(yes 20000ms) and then watching the next few moments(where I get killed) in fast foreward or sometimes everyone else stops or is floating (about every 20sec) where hit detection sometimes goes in my favor. Vehicles clip through terrain. Damage takes a long time to register and a lot of hits do damage all at once. Jetpack/cloak/special ability drains and regens instantly but only used for a split second. Damage doesnt register until long after i should have been dead. Oh yeah

Most odd part. I run 8gb ram amd fx series processor and 2gb gpu... Ssd all around and ethernet @ 60mbps at lowest settings. 0-34fps

you tell me what hitching is.
  15. Tommyp2006

I don't get it too bad, just get this occasionally. Have actually had more issues with animations and models rendering very poorly than I have with hitching.

16. Kislany

For me it's just as bad, except it's worse. I've timed it - at least 3 times I was 'stuck' in that hitch for 50 seconds. I kid you not. That's why for now I've stopped playing. I still check the forums for good news, especially for us Euroopeans, but for now, that's all I'm doing.
  17. patrykK1028

I dont have hitches -.-
  18. B4dLuCk

19. AlexR

Don't forget to post your system specs as well, guys. I also can take my old laptop from the shelf, install planetside2 and record a lot of nice hitching videos.
    • Up x 1
  20. B4dLuCk

You are absolutely right! I just forgot that :-/

Code:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Mainboard: MSI MS-7514 (P45 Neo3-FR)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400  @ ~3.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB DDR2 - 1066 RAM (Corsair & G.SKILL 4x2GB)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512

Soundcard: Onboard

HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB