c4 vs fully certed MBT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DQCraze, Oct 3, 2014.

1. DQCraze

2 sticks should do half damage to MBT or give us armor to cert into to counter it. This CF has gone on long enough, nothing else in the game gives instant death why are we still dealing with this.
    • Up x 13
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

and what about AT mines? it even cheaper then c4
    • Up x 2
  3. drstrange2014

Awwww poor infantry farmer.
    • Up x 23
  4. NightEngine

AT mines are fine, in my opinion, because proper placement is more vital to them. Or you have to set them off with another weapon. With C4 it just needs to be near the tank to deal full damage with a throw of the switch.
    • Up x 3
  5. Alarox

2x C4 killing an MBT is fine. You can avoid being killed >90% of the time by being aware of your surroundings.

The only problem is how much damage a single brick deals.
    • Up x 20
  6. Alarox

MBTs use AP more than HEAT and HE combined, but the guy with C4 doesn't care what you're using.
    • Up x 20
  7. Rikkit

oh you can cert something vs c4 farrys,
    you have access to proximity radar...
    if this dosen't help, you may want to equip an ai secondary like the kobalt
    when all this don't help you, stay with friends, stay mobile,...

remeber, a ps2 tank, is a long range weapon, keep away from infantery.
    • Up x 3
  8. CNR4806

Agreed. 2-brick kill is somewhat acceptable but the damage between the two bricks against a full-health MBT needs to be more evenly distributed.

Splash damaging tanks is also absurd. It needs to stop doing that while direct damage resistance should be adjusted to maintain the same damage done if necessary.

Bu-- bu--- but you're still in a vehicle that's immune to small arms fire and much tougher than an infantry!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Did I emulate Infantryside accurately enough?
    • Up x 4
  9. vsae

I like how people say "he killed muh FULLY CERTED %insertanything%". Sorry but what does fully certed means?

Its like omg he killed my mbt with FULLY CERTED PROX RADAR with 2 bricks of c4...
    Did the OP come from games where they cri lyk dis: "I have full tier of gladiator armor and this nub kills me with consumbale grenade!!!"
    • Up x 6
  10. CNR4806

So long-ranged that infantry only renders at <=300m on a good day and projectiles have the speed of a catapulted rock.
    • Up x 4
  11. cruczi

What's the problem again? Just pull another tank.
    • Up x 5
  12. DocteurVK

Shall I cry if I loose my flash (where I threw almost 1000-1500 certs in) to a single HA ?
    • Up x 2
  13. vsae

No no you got it wrong! You lost yout FULLY CERTED FLASH to a FULLY CERTED HA! Balanced!
    Meanwhile OP has lost his FULLY CERTED MBT to a mere uncerted noob C4 brick
    • Up x 2
  14. ILoveLucy

Hail the barbarians
    Cheer your en dowers
    Greet the barbarians
    Wave your well wishers
  15. Hatesphere

The problem with AT mine at the moment isn't their price, its that you can "stack" them into one place and use them like more effective C4 against things like sunders.

To be fair AP will still one shot infantry, and more often then not those cannons start pointing at infantry as soon as they get the chance let's not pretend tanksers have the moral high ground in a game.
    • Up x 2
  16. GiorgyGR

No..it's just fine as is.
    C4 is the fastest way for skilled players to counter act on a Armor zerg where H.A's launcher is inefficient (still with VERY few guarantees on success).
    Taking this trait off leaves infantry totally vulnerable to MBT noobs
    • Up x 1
  17. Alarox

Where did I say that tankers have the "moral high ground"? All I said was that most tanks are primarily loaded out for killing other tanks but infantry don't distinguish between those who do and do not have anti-infantry weapons.

Are you saying there's something wrong with AP being able to OHK infantry?
    • Up x 2
  18. crusaderx11

help! some brave idiot charged my AI death machine and i wasn't paying attention and got blown up! plz remove his ability to blow me up in the future

oh wait.... you could have
    1. better situational awareness
    2. better placement/positioning
    3. a magical device known as proximity radar
    • Up x 3
  19. NightEngine

C4 requires little skill, mostly luck - luck that you don't get spotted getting to the tank, and luck that you stay alive long enough to set it off.
    • Up x 2
  20. Hatesphere

Infantry do distinguish these things. In a battle as infantry I,m not gonna try to get into range of an AI tank that will just shred me, just like how tanks try to not hang around heavies with rockets for too long. Its the same as tanks picking targets.