[Reaction Video] NC Reaction to TR Striker Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SoggyCow, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralArcher

oh wait...i have :)

the PPA is better on the ground vehicles for ease of use, which is why its OP, its literally point and click. if it had bloom or damage fall off it would be balanced
    • Up x 1
  2. iZLA

id rather use a beamer as anti vehicle than a striker

[/quote]
    • Up x 4
  3. LT_Latency

4. ShadowViper

I would rather use the Striker any day of the week instead of being subjected to that "epic" video editing again.
    • Up x 1
  5. Benwah

In a reaver, though, the Striker is absolutely terrifying.
  6. Shocklate

Zoe had its run as being insanely overpowered
    • Up x 2
  7. IrishPride

Hahaha all these purchases people make and the company completely changing it, sounds like those games on phones you play for "free" but to get stuff you must buy in order not to wait a week for upgrades and then change the whole deal around :D.
  8. SuperTrooperWaterloo

About time they finally change the less effective Annihilator. You could fire 2 times the Annihilator until you got off all 5 Striker rockets... and you had to aim/track your target longer / stand still longer (again this useless locktown TR thing). Its common that the Striker cant deliver all 5 rockets to its target because of the time it needs to get those off/+travel, so the bonus dmg it has gets lost and makes other launchers just better. Also never understood why the other 2 launchers have the ability to dmg infantry,vehicles,air while the striker could only damage vehicles and air.

I dont care if it stays useless, just happy to see that they start to make TR weapons unique.

Would be nice if the next weapon will be the marauder, so i could replace my fury that is the same weapon only with 2 less bullets but can additionally damage light and heavy armor. Btw it destroys harassers faster than the vulcan.
    Mby you guys have a look at this weapon too, the vulcan. A less effective range than a shotgun and can only hit infantry with luck in spit range. Same with vehicles. This scattering is ridiculous and the bullet drop is beyond good and evil. After the nerf i dont get its purpose anymore, especially as TR with the Prowler that everyone only knows as the "artillery". Every time i lockdown my vulcan gunner can go and make a coffee.
    Regret it every time i chosse the vulcan over the halberd.
  9. Flag

The PPA does have damage drop-off.
    On the direct component. As per higgles they don't have a system to decrease the damage from indirect explosions based on distance to the origin gun.
    While it doesn't have bloom, it has a CoF.
    The new or the old one?
  10. AdmiralArcher

almost all of the PPA's damage is splash damage which cant be scaled over range
  11. y3ivan

If its 6 shots vs ESF? Its buff.

Currently it needs like 8 shots to kill an ESF, 20 rounds to kill lighting Front.

Overall striker has a slight buff vs ESFs, lighting, MBTs
  12. MotionBlured

You've never used a lancer against an ESF. BTW, the current striker can't kill a wraith flash because "lol lockon break".
  13. DramaticExit

Mag scatter.

I main NC, and have done for a long time...

If you genuinely "hate" TR, and are really and honestly gloating over someone else's stuff getting nerfed, then you should be ashamed of yourself. It's obnoxious, tedious and encapsulates everything that's wrong with this game and the internet as a whole. If this is genuine, then you are an idiot.

If this is a joke/criticism about the behaviour described above, then carry on.
    • Up x 1
  14. Flag

Yes I know that.
    What's funny is that the splash damage is the same as the Marauder, but 'no-one' complains about that one splashing too hard. Don't forget, the Marauder for all it's long range problems have higher direct damage than they both have as indirect, and it doesn't degrade over range.
    And it has a higher RoF.

Anyway, now we're off on a tangent.

Better than the Spiker.
  15. DramaticExit

There are not various levels of uselessness... If something is useless, then it has no use, and cannot be better or worse than another useless thing, and will always be worse than a thing which has a use.

The mag scatter is useless. The spiker is useless. They are therefore equals in uselessness.

When something has no practical function, its stats become irrelevant.
    • Up x 2
  16. Flag

The Magscatter has dibs on a certain perk; knife-1shot kills.
    With a good body-shot you can pistol-knife combo people from full health. After the nerf of the knife from 625 to 500 damage, no other gun can do it with the same expedience as the Magscatter.

So no, the Magscatter isn't useless. Sub-standard given the rather excellent selection of sidearms that NC already has, but it's functional.
  17. DramaticExit

Crossbow... Available to all factions, has more than one use, does knife/sidearm kills just as well as the mag scatter (and more reliably), operates better as a general sidearm...

Sorry, what was that about having a function again? If something has one function, and something else does it better while also having other uses, the single-function thing is useless.

They even cost the same. Who in their right mind would use the mag scatter over the crossbow?
  18. FocusLight

It does not take 4 rockets to kill a flash.

It takes 6. That's a mag + reload.

“Let me go to the PTS and give it a few more spins and let you know the numbers.
    Assuming ofc that you have no assistance, here is the Striker VS Grounder number of shots/reloads you need to pop any of these things.

Striker / Grounder:

Flash: 6 rockets, 1 reload. / 1 rocket, 0 reloads.
    Harasser: 9 rockets, 1 reload. / 3 rockets, 2 reloads.
    Valkyrie: 18 rockets, 3 reloads. / 4 rockets, 3 reloads.
    Reaver: 12 rockets, 2 reloads. / 3 rockets, 2 reloads.
    Scythe: 12 rockets, 2 reloads. / 3 rockets, 2 reloads.
    Lightning: 18 rockets, 3 reloads. / 5 rockets, 4 reloads.
    Liberator: 30 rockets, 5 reloads. / 8 rockets, 7 reloads.
    Vanguard: 29 rockets, 5 reloads. /8 rockets, 7 reloads.
    Magrider: 22 rockets, 4 reloads. / 7 rockets, 6 reloads.
    Sunderer: 25 rockets, 4 reloads. / 5 rockets, 4 reloads.
    Galaxy: 57 rockets, 11 reloads. / 16 rockets, 15 reloads.

What's there to say? Considering that the Striker and Grounder will be doing the same thing - dumb-fire VS tanks and some form of assistance hitting aircraft, considering the current stats on both the Grounder easily wins out. I see no reason to use the Striker beyond flashy effects and to overcome flares - a small price to pay for the grounder's reliability.

The Grounder has a lock-on mechanic that directly assists your chances to hit by homing the warhead towards the enemy target. Yeah, lock-on mechanics are way out of whack currently (what with missile popping out side-ways from your camera and slamming into the ground depending on the angle your target is moving, and what's not) but considering the fact that a clear line of sight mitigates this with the Grounder and that the Striker's missiles will have to arrive within range of your target before they start to home in on said target the Grounder is simply more reliable to apply damage on target, just like it is right now.

Secondly, for the dumb-fire ability, the Grounder fires 100% of it's payload the moment you fire, letting you peek beyond a corner, take a shot and get back into cover. The Striker takes a little over 4 seconds to mag-dump, and the rounds are easily visible. This involves a greater deal of risk when dumb-firing on enemy armor.

Unless the damage on the Striker is tweaked to at least be comparable to the Grounder, then there will not be much point in using it, it simply won't be a viable alternative.”

• Up x 3
  19. pnkdth

No lock on required, no warning. Air is going to **** bricks when flying over TR air space. Not even their flares will help them against the "lock on"-fest it is going to be playing against TR.

Why are you comparing a MAX AV weapon to a HA ESRL? The only thing they have incommon are that you can dumbfire them. They're not for the same class, or for the same purpose. The Striker follow the same pattern as the rest of the ESRL. Not particularly good on your own, but dangerous in groups.

A small group of HAs with strikers can kill enemy ESFs extremely quick, 5 can take down Libs, and a full squad can bring down Galaxies in a single volley. Flares you say? Nope, doesn't work against the striker. Add in the usual threats air face, and yeah, it is going to be rough being a pilot versus the TR.

In other words, I don't quite get why you focus so keenly on its dumbfire and G2G abilities when it has a lot of tricks up its sleeve when it comes to taking care of air.

Neither the Lancer or Pheonix are for general use, so why should the Striker?
  20. Flag

I actually forgot about the crossbow. Fair point.
    Even so, the magscatter can still fill that role. It fills -a- role, which is more than can be said for the Spiker.

But really, now we're derailing the thread.

Because TR?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.