Epic striker nerf incoming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ol' Brownfists, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Champagon

Use it in groups, like we do the lancer
  2. Archiadus

The problem is that your group can pick up any other dumbfire launcher to kill the enemy with faster results even if half of them miss their shot.

I don't want to start a Lancer debate so I'll keep it short and simple, you're comparing a laser VS someone trying to hit a moving car with a rock. :D
  3. Chrispin

I don't think it's going to be deterring any hovering ESFs either:

• Up x 3
  4. Champagon

Would it be possible to have a squad of strikers and another rocket launcher? Say an annihilator? Does the TR hate being in a team as much as i'm reading?
  5. Archiadus

When you've got a squad full of X weapon you shouldn't need players that support you with Y weapon to take down X weapon's intended target.

If you need support from weapon Y why would you bother using weapon X at all? Everyone could just use weapon Y instead to do the same thing with better results / more efficiently.
  6. Stargazer86

Wow. That's... that's just useless. I didn't think they could make the Striker worse than it already is, but they seem to have succeeded.
    • Up x 3
  7. Huishe

Ownage of what? Hovering aircraft?
  8. Huishe

Do you somehow get them to render for you at the range you are rendered for them?
  9. TheAnnoyingGunner

Oh I see, that's the usual forumsite comment about "teamplay OP". I'm still wondering what is so hard to understand about that fact, that not every weapons effectiveness scales linear with the number of users.

The Lancer is weak on it's own, but it has that one benefit no other rocket launcher has: range. If you get a few Lancer guys with you, you can easily pick up tanks on maximum render distance, your number is canceling out the major weakness of the Lancer and what remains is the big advantage in terms of range.

Same can be argued with the Pheonix, it has low DPS but the rocket can be guided around obstacles. If you get a few guys with you, you can "one-hit" MBTs and Sunderers without them even seeing you.

But the Striker... If you cancel out it's low DPS by using it in groups, what makes it so much different to other available rocket launchers? The rocket is slow, it has drop off and is therefore quite useless against moving targets over range, it doesn't lock on to ground targets and aircrafts are able to exit your effective lock-on range in a second.
  10. Champagon

2 things from this video

1. One rocket caused that scythe to smoke
    2. That guy was aiming horrendously, if strikers indeed function like coyotes after the update. That was just really bad aiming
  11. Champagon

But it does /response
  12. Ranik

Yeah.... They gave the Striker the Coyote's homing range and never thought to expand it since it is now an immobile ground version.

This thing is going into the trash till it's buffed massively.
  13. Zotamedu

Why would I use a Striker in a group instead of any other launcher? Just use it in a group is not the answer. It shows a complete lack of understanding of the actual criticism. Why would I organize two squads of this striker instead of two squads with Decimators, Annihilators or AA lock ons? What is the advantage with the now Striker over any other launcher in the game? What niche does it fill?
    • Up x 1
  14. TheAnnoyingGunner

It doesn't /response

Anything to back up your opinion or did you came solely to disagree with someone?
  15. Champagon

Just giving you an example of how some of us think to use the strengths of a weapon

VS for example have other rocket launchers at their disposal as do the other empires. We know that the lancers strength is it's range. It's weakness is that it is weak. To mitigate this weakness we use it in groups. This is the point i am trying to make, mitigate the strikers weakness by putting more focus on it's strengths. "It shoots lots o missiles" then using it in a group will double your chances of hitting the target. Heaven forbid if you focus fire at a vehicle, that's like instant doom
  16. Champagon

Sure :)

12 sundy's with basilisks focus firing a MBT is stronger than 1 sundy with basilisks doing the same

2 Infantry men with SMG's focus firing a guy is stronger than 1 infantryman

12 AA maxes focus firing 1 lib is stronger than 1 AA max doing the same

I can go on.
  17. Archiadus

The Lancer fires a fast laser beam, a Decimator fires a slower rocket with drop.
    The Striker fires weak rockets with drop, A decimator fires a strong rocket with drop.

You say use it in groups to mitigate its weakness but what possible reason do the TR have to pick the Striker over any of the other dumb-fire launchers?

Using your VS example, they get to pick between low dmg but high accuracy or high damage and low accuracy, the TR get to pick between low damage and low accuracy OR high damage and low accuracy.

There's no incentive to pick the Striker over the other launchers at it's current state and I really don't get why you don't see that as a problem.
    • Up x 1
  18. Villanuk

The Lancer will cream all over the new striker, this new striker is just pointless. Its projectiles and rof are far slower than the lancer.
    • Up x 2
  19. Ztiller

This was recorded before they changed the Striker scope, which was the biggest reason the Striker in that video missed so many shots.
    • Up x 1
  20. TheAnnoyingGunner

Do you even know the difference between a linear and a non-linear scale? Let me guess, you are from the United States of Imperial System America? You didn't disagree with me, you simply made the same argument like me but with much less significance.