Wonder Why Vanu

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CartoonFace, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanu123

There is absolutely zero reason to take ZOE over charge or Ammo Cannisters. At least ammo can. let you solo max a bit more effectively whereas ZOE blinds you, makes you take more damage, doesn't give you that great of a speed boost, slows down repair tools, doesn't increase TTK on most (possibly all??) weapons. It is the most useless thing in the game as of now.
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

I'd just like to remind everyone that this is 100% true... and the Spiker is in the game right now just to gauge how useless ZOE actually is.
    • Up x 1
  3. a-koo-chee-moya

So... something being broken is a good reason to insult those who made it?
    Nobody can look into his head and know what he's really thinking, so we can only use his actions to see what kind of guy he is.

Q4 KPU for Orion, Anchor, and MSW-R
    KPH for Orion, Anchor, and MSW-R
    • Up x 2
  4. DQCraze

Hard to play TR on Emerald, would like to get some server transfers to get the hell off this server. The reason people quit is its pointless anymore. Territory does nothing for you, Alerts don't make a difference, so we just have islands of gigantic wars with no room for squad battles. Even DA and AC, Vindicators which you never used to see in zergs are now in them consistently, the game has turned to crap for good.
  5. a-koo-chee-moya

If you want small squad v. squad (12v12) fights, there are plenty of FPSs that have competitive scenes like that. I can think of TF2 off the top of my head, but I'm sure that there are more. Or you could just meet up on Test with some outfit mates. That isn't what PS2 is supposed to be about.
  6. TheMish

Yes. There is no excuse anymore for them.
  7. TheMish

ZoE is a ruthless killing machine ability when it's on, that's why I take it. Those 15 seconds are the best 15 seconds I get in a VS Max.

As for repair tools. I've learned there are too many idiots on all 3 sides to count on them for repairs. That's why I'm trying to max out auto-repair.

You want useless? I'm stilling waiting for lock down to not be a death sentence.
  8. a-koo-chee-moya

I'm not talking about if his complaints were justified or not, I'm talking about him insulting devs for not getting ZOE fixed. You can complain, you can protest, but insulting someone for what they do is going too far.
    • Up x 1
  9. a-koo-chee-moya

Are you sure you aren't from the pre-ZOE nerf era?

It doesn't increase damage past 10m, doesn't allow you to strafe fast enough to dodge anything, and has no sprint speed boost, so why not just type /suicide into chat. It pretty much simulates ZOE. I guess you've never tried long range lockdown MAX.
    • Up x 1
  10. DQCraze

Your right, PS2 is about overpopped faction dominating locking continents at will. This issue hasnt been addressed and the problem is getting worse. With 2 continents locked it now forces that overpopped faction onto two maps. Every time you try and take a base you get 96+ smashing your platoon into oblivion. After a couple hours of that people just leave. If SOE is trying to get people to stop playing, then they are succeeding. I for one log off after being spawn locked multiple times by the zerg.
  11. NC_agent00kevin

12. Alkezo

There's a big difference between not liking a weapon and saying its garbage.

For example, for the longest time I hated the Orion. I got the Pulsar LSW and after auraxiumed that switched back to the Orion to auraxium. Now, if I were to say the Orion sucked I'd get a huge amount of flak today about it because of all this "Orion OP" going around.
  13. Flag

Against infantry ZOE doesn't do anything as far as damage output is concerned. And the trade-off for this 'nothing' is to be less durable and blind yourself.
    So in reality it's the MAX that's deadly at any point (as is any max), you're just blinded (in more ways than one) by the lights.

As for anchor... while it has it's problems at least there's a very tangible benefit in spite of the drawbacks. ZOE has none.
  14. Vixxing

You are drunk dude go home! ZoE dosent even get you one bullet less to kill... while taking 30% more damage and glowing purple...
  15. a-koo-chee-moya

Ima put this in my sig. half of forumside in a nutshell. Now all I have to do is find a forumer saying "it kills me too many times, its OP".
  16. Champagon

Talk about a devolved thread.....
  17. vanu123

Really? It doesn't increase your TTK on ANY VS WEAPON! You get a very slight bonus when using AA but even then the difference is minimal and plus any aircraft in the area will see you because you blind yourself and you're a bullseye. Run with a squad. Lockdown you can at least hold an enclosed point semi effectively if you find a corner w/ engineer support, whereas ZOE has no situation where it is more viable over charge or ammo can.
  18. a-koo-chee-moya

Not to mention that it works well with Burster, Pounders, and Fractures.
    • Up x 1
  19. Naivuud

I don't know if it's the case or not but is it possible that many people are not using the Orion as much due to earning towards directives with other LMGS?

In addition perhaps those same directives are influencing more NC to use the Anchor instead of the EM6 and Saw as well as the low cert cost Anchor Lite in the GD-22s.

Again I have no evidence but it's something that might at least partially explain changes in numbers in Q4. I can't be bothered to see if pre-directives was the other way around, I'll leave that to someone else.
  20. ShadowViper

I love how you complain about Vanu pop when NC is almost the exact same.

Good job, What are you trying to prove?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.