Wonder Why Vanu

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CartoonFace, Sep 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CartoonFace

Vanu have that much population and numbers to cry forum side that they have become planetside 2 myself im NC and always have been and recently iv joined a few servers to see there pop and seems like people join Vanu because they know how much there faction has been treated too by SOE. Really want to stop playing this boring as hell handcap game, It used to be fun. Now they should call it Vanuside

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. a-koo-chee-moya

1. TR has a pretty decent chunk of territory in the first picture.

2. http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population/?world_id=17&zoom=4

NC and VS compete for most server pop (Mattherson had VS overpop, Waterson had NC overpop), while TR is really never more than tied. If you were TR, yes, but you specifically said you were NC, so no.

3. Name 1 buff SOE has given VS
    • Up x 10
  3. Oddhermit

One server at one time =/= evidence of overpopulation overall.

http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=all&timezone=0

Looking at all of them averaged they're pretty close, and if anything NC is most populated from the looks of it while TR is least.

The site could use a a zoom in/out to see more exact but it was best I found with a quick google.

Here's another site with less overlapped lines:

http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population/?world_id=0&zoom=3

Still looks like NC on top.

Edit: Image for the lazy/slow interweb people

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  4. CartoonFace

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. I choice Vanu because (Look at that pop)

2. Stats don't matter this has been like this on this server for a while "Vanu over pop"

3. Vanu where born into this game buffed i can throw so so many examples at you. While where on the number game

4. At night time you can't even see Vanu, i have to colour them pink in settings and hope to god i get a tag on them before they notice me
  5. Prudentia

• Up x 2
  6. Halcyon

In your screenshot, NC has more population then the VS by 1%.

And then you contradicted yourself.
    You point out population stats but then say stats don't matter.

Have any factual proof?
    • Up x 2
  7. sindz

VS is the faction which has the lowest pop in total (all servers inc) since beta
  8. Cransoon

I think it comes down to what server you play on, and what time of day you're playing. On Emerald, things are pretty even throughout the day. Once you get passed 1am EST, it's pretty much nothing but Vanu, because they're the ones who stay on to play late, for whatever reason. So if you play on Emerald, you should probably try playing earlier in the day. If not, I don't know what to tell you.
    • Up x 1
  9. oumajgadxoxo

Another "lets whine on vanu" thread started by NC player. Is this some kind of epidemy or what?
    • Up x 4
  10. a-koo-chee-moya

2. I just showed you statistics with population numbers that show VS and NC are pretty much tied, yet you say there is overpop? This is one topic where there most definitely is no subjective wiggle room. The stats are the stats, and they can't be argued with.

Well, I can point out a lot of nerfs.
    PPA
    Magrider
    LMG nerfs that hit VS LMGs harder
    ZOE
    Cosmos nerfs
    etc etc.....
    • Up x 6
  11. Vertabrae

Emerad vs pop wasn't always high. For a while they were the low pop faction, back in late 2012/early 2013. But they coordinated outfits well and managed to do good.

Once they started to get more pop, they just kept doing better and better, which drew more players, especially when some tr or nc outfits left the game. At that point they kinda ruled the server for a long time. While I still think they are the strongest faction on emerald, the tr and nc are very capable of defeating them. I play all three factions and when I play vs, I've lost plenty of fights to both factions.

As for camo, you do realize there are tons of camos that render tr and nc just as hard to see at night.
    • Up x 2
  12. _itg

It's the same on Connery. I don't know what it is about the Vanu and late night, but they're consistently at 45% or more.
  13. gibstorm

The problem on Emerald is it has become an endless Pub stomp.

VS are simply stacked with High level, High Experience, High skilled players which the other faction simply no longer have an answer for. The hardcore outfits for NC or TR seem to have either quit, or are shrinking or have switched to the VS.

When DA, Goku, AT, V, ect ect ect all group up we have nothing to counter that and I see new outfits that are not as good but stacked with 100s and organized popping up on VS still. This is compounded by the fact that the average player doesn't want to get slaughter by these groups and will pick to fight NC or TR even if it means losing the alert and giving it to the VS.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong and point out some units that are active enough and have enough people to put up a constant fight on TR or NC
  14. a-koo-chee-moya

Do you have any guess as to why? Just curious.
  15. gibstorm

Moral breaks, Just like in real war. An army can only lose for so long before their soldiers get sick of it and go to do something else. Then command get sick of yelling at each other and gives up. The hardcore players that focus on winning just become to frustrated and fade away slowly

If you lose all day every day, You are more likely to quit and find another game then people who are winning or just join the winning team.

Also human nature. When start up an new unit on a faction that is getting slaughter when you can just go to the side that is already very organized.
    • Up x 2
  16. a-koo-chee-moya

Agreed, but I was kinda asking about why VS was good enough for players to defect to in the first place.
  17. gibstorm

I don't know, I am not from matterson. To my knowledge, VS basically won Matteson and caused the TR units to give up in frustration.

Then the same thing is started to happening on Emerald.

In these games KDR is what people used to decided skill. The best way to get a good KDR is stack good players against bad players. So it just sort of happens naturally and good players group together to boost KDRs.
  18. zombielores

Just a guess would be because VS has some of the most versatile weapons that do their job. Another speculation would be back when during early release Magrider and pre ZOE nerf VS would be the easiest empire to play as they had a balanced arsenal along with some more OP things, so people gravitate towards VS and they just stayed VS.
    • Up x 1
  19. TheMish

They have the loudest voice, there's significantly more VS ******** and moaning over their OP equipment not being powerful enough. It drowns out the NC and TR.
  20. Elrobochanco

That first picture is pretty brutal. Not for VS but for the NC. TR really holding out without pop and NC just crumpling even with the numbers to make waves.

It's difficult to fight VS players (at least on emerald), so sometimes other factions won't. If you don't fight VS they will take everything you own.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.