When will the spiker get nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, Sep 16, 2014.

1. FieldMarshall

3/10 for making me click the thread even though i knew what it was.
    5/10 for making me leave a comment anyway.
    • Up x 1
  2. CNR4806

The worst part: The "rapid" burst is insanely sluggish, making it completely worthless, and thus the Best Vanu Sidearm Award remains firmly in the hands of the NS revolvers.
  3. Moonheart

What, what! I have near 240 kills with my spiker!
    Spiker works great. You see an opponent, he see your weapon, he burst out laughing.... giving you just enough time to charge it and headshot hit with a x6 burst.

Well... ok, the only problem is it doesn't work against people without a sense of humor. And, alas, that's what most TR/NC infantry is made with.... :(
  4. Iridar51

In Soviet Russia, Spiker charges you.
    • Up x 6
  5. jiggu

If they removed the chargeup and made you switch to alt-fire for it to automatically charge up(while cloaking, no noise) then it would probably be cool
    now it's just fun to laugh at
  6. Kunavi

When will the AMP get nerfed, I ask in turn! Have you any idea what it can do to peoples' heads at 0.1M if you ADS it and sit on your favourite Razer accessory so you can keep it steady? Many wounded brave soldiers with less than 1 Health left have been claimed by this instrument of Doom, this mechanical horror...! Stories say that just as the Spiker feeds on condensed souls instead of batteries, so does the AMP sprays its prey with 1000 year old Vanu nail clippings, drenched in DarkSpawn blood! Wait what NO scratch that, I meant Reaper blood! Oh wait, Prothean blood!! No, I got it, it's the blood of the EMPRAH HISMSELFS.

NERF.
  7. LIKE A BOSS!

The AMP is only bad because the TR have decent pistols I would trade the Beamer and spiker for the AMP any day. They just need to make it more accurate. Would you trade the AMP for the spiker?
    • Up x 3
  8. Axehilt

Huh, I only finally realized the Spiker was from PS1. (In part because this thread for some reason reminded me of how fun the Maelstrom was in PS1 and I was going to say "why can't we have more weapons like that?")

Naturally it looks entirely different, bearing no resemblance in function or form. Much like Ghanon vs. Ghanan on Hossin. (Ghanon was the PS1 spelling.)
  9. tf2hero

[quote="DatVanuMan, post: 2929921, member: 175740"
    My face:
    [IMG]
    [/quote]

scout army UNITE
  10. DatVanuMan

scout army UNITE[/quote]

One of the most messed up replies ever. BUT YEAH! Everyone is frozen in time to us; they resemble car crashes in slow motion:p
  11. Alan Kalane

Not exactly.
    Mag-Scatter is actually fine. I use it when playing as a stalker. It's loud, true. But it allows you to do shot+knife combo easily and also if you throw an EMP nade then you can OHK everyone in the AoE ,which means that you can kill up to 4 people pretty quickly. And if you use knife it can be even quicker.But then you have to drop a mine and reposition or they WILL find you.
  12. DatVanuMan

Exactly! The PS1 Spiker was one of my favorite weapons in the game. I was SO hyped to learn it was coming to PS2, but the modern crowd had to kill nostalgia by demanding a burst:rolleyes:
    Bursts are stupid, but people just can't live without it and simply seem to hate variety. NS has made a fortune for all the pistols we VS have bought... And I don't want to use "primitive" technology anymore:(
  13. Ronin Oni

True, though VS or NC would prolly have loved the Amp :p

It's crap only compared to the Repeater.
  14. Syphers

dem russia
    • Up x 1
  15. Iridar51

Got more:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. day ofm one

Times I got killed with a spiker: 0
  17. a-koo-chee-moya

Amp is Repeater that trade realistic RoF for taking a little less skill to use. It filled at least a small niche.
  18. TheAnnoyingGunner

The faction with PPA as "standard" weapon on every vehicle complains about bad secondary. Used secondary for 100 Kills till BR 92.
  19. Candarian

at ranges this gun is usefull i rather use the free knife
  20. jiggu

The beamer is essentially our Emperor or MAG shot I wouldn't give that away if I were you.