If you're gonna zerg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tuco, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Tuco

[IMG]

Split up. You can take more territory quicker. Just FYI.
    • Up x 7
  2. Pikachu

Thats an issue witg the game that players dont want to spread out. They just join one of the 48+ meatgrinder lag fests. I love the term meatgrinder in this game.

Btw Tuco, are you sure this isnt an issue that could be solved by adding certain ps1 things to the game?
    • Up x 15
  3. Zeppelin123

Dunno but sometimes I enjoy a zerg, shut my brain off and pretending to do something. Thats awesome if tired from work. Hell you can have dinner too while doing it.
  4. Tuco

At 10:1 there's nothing you can do.
  5. MotionBlured

Pretty sure this could be fixed with some cloaked AMS's, spitfires, and minefields, just to name a few...
    • Up x 5
  6. Tuco

helps when outnumbered

2:3 yes
    1:2 maybe
    1:3 pushing it
    1:4 speed bump
    1:10 useless
  7. Yeahy

I've seen a group of 1-12 take back a 24-28 group of enemies.

But yes, what you're saying is true.
  8. Pikachu

I call this tactical superiority.
    • Up x 3
  9. Dracorean

Zergs are dull, and not enough certs come out of them for me, I try to avoid as many as I can.
    • Up x 1
  10. Axehilt

No, I'm pretty sure cloaking PS1 AMSes automatically spawned enough soldiers out of thin air to defend the base.

And colorful flowers grew on the inside of the cloaking field, and if you gave one to your crush they would become your one true love.

Cloaking AMSes solved every problem.

...or so the stories go.
    • Up x 2
  11. DatVanuMan

LIKE WHAT? A complicated UI? Horrible gunplay mechanics? BFRs???? What are you up to now, O sinister wizard?
  12. FateJH

On Gemini server currently, we've yet to figure out how to C-AMS our way around a single Jackhammer user in our stairwell.
    Do you know what the whole server's population of VS looks like when they appear in a kill feed that spans ten seconds of actual combat? I'll try to grab screenshots next evening I log in.
  13. GrizzV

Ok, I think we need to redefine some stuff...
    48+ is not a zerg. It's a platoon, plus 1-2 pubbies.
    When your pop is 48+ and you're just 20% of the total pop in that location... THAT'S a zerg.
    • Up x 1
  14. reydelchicken

This is a big issue with the game, mainly because vehicles can shoot directly at the spawnroom doors in 90% of the game's bases.

And I know people (mostly zerglings) talk and talk about how you can magically fight against 30 tanks and 200+ infantry by "flanking and tactics". But let's face it, most of the time you log in, maybe you want to fly your ESF around, play some infantry or do a bit of tanking, and having three huge 200+ player blobs from each faction running around in circles doesn't really make it interesting.

And when they're not doing that, each faction picks a continent, and starts ghostcapping the whole thing mlg style, while the other two factions do the same on the remaining continents.

If the bases would change a bit so that vehicles (maybe even maxes), couldn't walk up right to the spawn, and the bases had more and better spawn options, then you could at least do some infantry play sucessfully and have fun, while the rest of the players refuse to play the game and stand around for 2h before logging off with 10-20 kills.

When it comes to vehicle play, being outdoors allows you to lure tanks to you or snipe them from a distance with AP.
    And you can always camp a warpgate with an ESF/lib for some A2A kills.
  15. Zapon

except when companies are introduced next month, you'll need all 48 just to not get farmed too badly against 192 enemy player groups converging on you....
  16. Pikachu

If you dont get what I mean then you havnt seen enough posts by Tuco.
    • Up x 2
  17. DatVanuMan

Well, what DO you mean?
    P.S. You know I'm kidding about the Planetside 1 stuff. Of course they were bad, but I knew that wasn't what you were referring to:)
  18. Tuco

yeah, laugh at the only thing that will save PS2.

I see the sunderer shield didn't do anything for the underpopped side, but it was a buff to the overpopped side, like I said so.
  19. Tuco

I think companies should be introduced, with the PS1 UI. :)
  20. Axehilt

Heh, this post reminds me to appreciate the #1 best part of Planetside 2: no infantry third-person cam.