Valkyrie MAY be a 6 Seater With Your Help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Longasc

4 seats, 6 seats...

I have only tested it in VR and wonder if this is not a just big flying target, making ESFs and Liberators and ground dudes happier than a Light Assault is about a tank parked directly beneath his perch.

I would like SOE to have dedicated Valkyrie test weekends and people to participate.

It feels like a "Harasser" of the skies, a more chopper style vehicle. It could be used to transport a small squad to capture key points, but honestly, so far it seems to end up like some of their latest not so great sniper and pistol developments.

My input: Yes, give it 6 seats and also give it a bit more resistance to small weapons.
  2. Axehilt

Well the reality is it can work as a hybrid of the two. Saying "no" doesn't really dispute that fact. It obviously won't be the most interesting implementation of the vehicle, but it would work and be valuable.
  3. AdmiralArcher

yeah that would be awesome, that means you can have a dedicated CAS gunship while still being able to transport freindlies
  4. Skooma Lord

I think it might be good to add as as a certification. We need more depth in my opinion. If that is not an option, 6 seats is the way to go I think.
  5. -Synapse-

I like the idea, having tried the Valkyrie out on the PTS I can say it does need a bit of a transport role, something 4 seats just doesn't allow.
  6. Matt879

They're considering it? With this kind of outcry from the community I'd expected them to be working on it already. Yes give it bloody six seats, and yes give it a cloaking module. And to all you "But that's just OP" people, obviously the cloak would replace the weapon slot, and it would only be effective at longer ranges, just like the wraith cloak for the flash. Easy to spot up close, invisible at a distance.
  7. Gleerok

Yes. and PILOT NOSEGUN
  8. iller

I feel it's the complete opposite.... It's already a huge gamble to get in one, and too cheap Certs-wise to justify 6 players. If it can only be pulled from an Air-terminal, then it will always be way more effective for 6 players to pull either 6 ESF's or 2-3 Libs b/c that greatly increases their chances of survival in trying to get to a specific location, just like pulling a Gal does.

People keep saying "well its resistances haven't been set yet!" ... yet It's already obvious that the raw hitpoints it was given were as much as you should ever come to expect from a 250-n vehicle. Nor is there any guarantee that it will even be fast enough to escape from a Ram-Galaxy once the Hover bug IS fixed. Not that it matters since it does not get Afterburner either.

Afterburner wouldn't even make sense for it. You don't surprise many people on the ground that way. You'd need to come in Cloaked and then abandon the stupid thing if you're rushing a point. Or you keep your bucket seaters to attack from a distance, and cloak when anything Faster than your Valk comes looking for you. Those are the only options that make sense for it to actually have an impact on the logistics game. 6 seats do nothing for that dynamic. 6 seats actually makes it worse b/c everyone just goes "OOOOH, 6 FREE KILLS AT ONCE, YUM!!"

All these people trying to make it a Gunship or Bangbus are completely ignoring reality.
  9. Lightwolf

I like the six.
  10. NoctD

6-seater is nonsense - then why would there still be need for a Galaxy? The Valk should be the air-Harasser. 4 is plenty generous.

I say NO!
  11. Yeahy

Even if they made it a six seater, gals are still cheaper. Its only 50 nanites, but a lone esf can easily take down one of your valk's that have 6 people in it.
  12. HadesR

Personally I'd remove a Gal A2G capabilities .. So while it still would be the best transport it would be unable to protect it's troops ..
    Make a Val's weapon system A2G only .. so it can protects it's own troops and those dropped from a Gal ..

So we end up with kinda

Gal

[IMG]

Val

[IMG]

If they want to have the ability to keep adding more and more vehicles in the future, then IMO they need to start to redefine the roles of the current ones ..

More specialized and stronger in their roles

AND

Less jack of all trades .
  13. Razzyman

Thumbs up to the OP for the heads up and a post in support of the 6 man Valkyrie.
  14. KnightCole

1 pilot, 1 gunner, 2 rumble seats, 1 rear exposed gunner who uses a Kobalt, fixed and default on the vehicle and 2 enclosed seats.
  15. KnightCole

SoE isnt much for making specialized vehicles....they just like generalist vehicles who are weak as **** and useless overall...
  16. Paragon Exile

District 9

Great movie
  17. Kredier

+1

6 seats is a must. Imfor one would like t8 see the interiors of the vehicles instead of the outside.
  18. Lightwolf

Keep your grubby hands off my galaxy. Can't you people just accept its not an air taxi?
  19. Dracorean

Why you want it to have 6 seats? It's not like they are going to be used often for transport.
  20. tf2hero