Valkyrie MAY be a 6 Seater With Your Help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Ash87

So according to the PS2 keynote and then followup comments on reddit, kevmo is playing with the idea of making the Valkyrie a 6 seater. D-Carey said it would be at the keynote, but it's apparently up in the air still.

So, if you want it to be a 6-Seater, now is the time to express said opinion in mass.
    • Up x 36
  2. FireclawX

Yes please.
    12 players in a squad, 4 people manning 2 valkyrie's, with 8 people on the ground = tacticool spec ops squad...
    Also give it cloaking :p
    • Up x 3
  3. gigastar

Well, its not as if its going to be worth much anyway.

#SkywhaleMasterRace.
    • Up x 6
  4. Dasubur

hell yes

4 seater is only useful for a gunship and we already have that in game.

i want a "Transport Chopper." styled vehicle right now something that can make tactical landings on rooftops actually viable and not requiring you to pull a massive, resource eating, mega transport that just makes a massive target.
    • Up x 2
  5. Risae

LETS GIVE IT A TRY AND SEE HOW IT WORKS!

Why not?
    • Up x 1
  6. Dramonicous

Sure why the hell not?
    Infact why not make it a 48 seater? So I can blow entire platoons out of the air with my Vortexes.
    • Up x 2
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

yes, ESFs & Liberators will be happy
    • Up x 1
  8. Lection

Sure, six people on board wouldn't have anything but a positive effect on the Valkyrie, but it's not that it needs it to be a good aircraft.

BUT, no cloak... it would make it too effective with it having high velocity/ high damage rockets coming from what seems to be "thin air". Example, the lazer guided rocket launching nose cannon.
  9. Casterbridge

I still don't see how this thing is going to survive without more armor or some type of speed boost, or possibly cloaking.
    • Up x 2
  10. Conscripter

There's no reason not to try it. Nerf later if its that much of an issue.
  11. FireclawX

Obviously weapons would be disabled when you cloak. Similar to a wraith flash :O
  12. Whatupwidat

Hells to the yes - 6 seat that *****!
  13. DarkVoidBoy

14. DJPenguin

15. SuperMedicated

YES! upvote anything related to 6 seater valkyrie. let's make a change guys
  16. Axehilt

17. Lection

Just my point... Would you want an equivalent of a team of six cloak flashes with rocket launchers coordinating a single attack on a clueless squad galaxy? Now consider that's the power of just one cloaked Valkyrie. Now imagine a whole platoon worth of full Valkyries with the ability to coordinate the same attack on two platoons worth of filled galaxies. You understand now?
    • Up x 1
  18. FireclawX

Uh no... How can they coordinate an attack when they can't shoot?
    Furthermore, no one said to make the other 2 seats rumble seats.

It's a matter of function. The Val isn't an attack craft. It's a transport. It should be able to transport a 4 man fireteam quickly and stealthily behind enemy lines. To do this, if you have 1 pilot and 1 gunner, then you need 4 seats to fit the rest of the fireteam. It's quite a simple concept tbh :O
  19. Lection

it could uncloak then unleash hell, but i see your point too.
    • Up x 1
  20. NC_agent00kevin

Yes, 1 pilot, 1 gunner, 2 rumble seats, 2 enclosed seats.
    • Up x 4