Server Maintenance for Game Update August 12th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genesy91

SERVERS UP!!! ty soe
  2. Killjoy97

nope, still locked bro....
  3. VUILSE(SWE)

yep still locked
  4. Killjoy97

UNLOCK IT!!! :mad:

:p
  5. Killjoy97

Well, this waiting made me buy some more SC... atleast something good came from this...
  6. KangBang

Yeah, still locked, but when I opened the game up about 30 min ago, I couldn't even see my characters. At least now they appear and I don't have to panic, hopefully they'll be back up within a couple of hours or sooner *prays*
  7. Killjoy97

...:confused: how long still....
  8. Anamit117

What are you kidding me saying it runs perfectly fine on appropriate hardware? I have the top of line AMD system and performance is basic **** (specs listed below). I can run Star Citizen & Battlefield 4 on ultra and get 120-140 FPS with total junk support from the developers and their updates, but I can't get more than 30-60 FPS after the last update on ultra on Planetside 2. Now all that tells me is that developer support from SOE is about worse than a game that is being pre-alpha tested by a company that came together on crowd funding (EA is the worst company ever, not going to get stated with that argument). Now don't tell me some bs like it's because of my CPU or something because I also play this game an Intel and Nvidia system which is even worse. I have played this game since the beta and have seen it's different stages and two years should be damn near enough to optimize a game and finish it. I used to play this game on ultra about a year ago and never had any problems, this is probably the first time I have ever complained about anything like this.

When I got pissed I quit the game but Planetside is a game I love and I kept coming back to see if it got any better. It had it's ups and downs but man get on the game SOE your losing players and your game is getting worse, FIX IT. SOE should definitely give players some sort of consolation other than just double xp, something like a helmet or a decal, for sitting through all this junk that recently ruined the game. If SOE fixes everything by the end of 2014 and everything runs smoothly then great, don't touch the game after that, but if they do then it might be time to quit or move back to PS1.

My Rig:
    -CASE: Corsair Carbide AIR 540 w/ USB 3.0, Dual Chamber Direct Airflow, Full Side Panel Window
    -CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW/Blue-Ray Drive
    -CPU: AMD FX-9590 4.70 GHz (5.00 GHz Turbo) Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology (OVERCLOCKED TO PERMANENT 5.00 GHz)
    -CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans Red (CORSAIR HIGH AIRFLOW SERIES)
    -CASEUPGRADE: Flexible LED Interior Light Strip (RED)
    -CPUCOOLING: Corsair H100i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Enhance Cooling Performance
    -MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 AMD 990 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 3, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 4 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1 PCI
    -HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
    -HDD_2: 500GB (500GBx1) SATA-III SSD - Intel 730 Series
    -HDD_3: 500GB (500GBx1) SATA-III SSD - Intel 730 Series
    -POWERSUPPLY: Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1500 Watt Fully-Modular PSU
    -CD2: None
    -COOLANT: Standard Coolant
    -MEMORY: CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 DRAM
    -NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network & TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps (ANTENNAS UPGRADED)
    -SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    -VIDEO: 2X AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Cards (MSI GAMING EDITIONS)
  9. Dooh

1 hour to change 3 little things, and the maintenaces are always when we in europe are playing...

DOoooOOOooooOH
  10. Killjoy97

Fellow EU guy here... finally got some free time and BAM!!!
  11. Dooh

stop complaining, you can play in high too, I play low setting (full) with 30-40 FPS and I can't play in Alert, and that's a problem now, people who already play low with 30 fps in a maps where there is no one can't play in alert anymore and as you know, there are alert almost everytime now and while 2 continent are locked, 2 other have alert...
  12. Killjoy97

still locked....
  13. Killjoy97

one server is UP!
  14. Killjoy97

Come on Miller!
  15. Cinnamon13

I want to playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  16. Dooh

Emerald up too
  17. Narq

Aw, I see your problem- you've got the flexible LED interior light strip. You need the inflexible light strip.
    • Up x 2
  18. KangBang

Emerald is back up and running! Happy pew-pewing! :)
  19. Tamefoxx

This game is not BF4, nor is it Star Citizen. I did the same thing I do in any game where PVP is involved and nuked my settings to the lowest level, and still able to see a fair distance away.. Turns out the game runs just fine, and I don't even have a super computer.. Just a custom I built on a budget.

But you are comparing apples and oranges in every category except that they are fruit. This game is a shooter, the only thing in line with BF4. It's Free to Play, it offers massive continents to fight across and has battles that can easily reach over 60 players on each side. Of course there are going to be performance issues to people who want to see glittery graphics and still function as a soldier. The game is still being worked on, and if it wasn't fun to play, there wouldn't be so many people playing it.

TL;DR - Shut up and get back on the fields. The servers are coming up.
  20. VILSE(SWE)

server went upp and down only Cobalt EU locked now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.