Server Maintenance for Game Update August 12th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadarX

All servers will come down for brief scheduled maintenance beginning at 6:00 AM PT (3 PM CET). Be sure you check out all the Hotfix notes in the Game Update forum .
    • Up x 1
  2. Keiichi58

Wait... The Tech plant is putting people in the ground?!? Does it also say, "I WILL BURY YOU!"?
  3. Brasil

Two problems:

• Unstable FPS
    • Sound while reloading NS-44 Commissioner
  4. snipesharkVS

wow, so I can expect a patchfile download next time I feel like playing again? how long can we expect to see this many drawbacks in a row like this. everyday there seems to be a problem, and the more maintenance and alterations that are made the worse the game gets. a good game seems to be getting fixed to death from what I can see. o_O how about taking the time to fix all these problems and testing them out and changing the name to planetside 3 upon release because it feels like the days just before it left the beta stage and became ps1.
    • Up x 1
  5. IllaVata

I think we should all try and remember that people work extremely hard to make this game great. And Great is what it is. Perhaps also, be a bit grateful that the constant updates and improvements for this 'Free' game are being delivered.

A few bugs and or a glitch or two, pale in comparison to what is freely available!! =D

Thanks folks! Appreciate the effort!
    • Up x 9
  6. andy_m

Hi,

I reported a bug for Chac Fusion Lab because it was spawning everyone on the roof of a building and not the spawn room. I've not had a chance to check since the 11th update, but has that been fixed too?

cheers :)
  7. tgm21

1) 1g patch download for 3 things? damn
    2) why does the loading screen when u first start the game stay at 9% but looks like its still loading?...anyone else getting this?
    • Up x 2
  8. Zhakathoom

I do realize that this is entirely up to me, but I've spent more money the last three weeks on this game than I've done on any other game. Maybe with the exception of several years of WoW subscriptions..

Thus you can take your "free" and shove it. When what I thought was a "Great" game falters and faceplants this hard I sort of feel I'm a bit cheated.

- Z
    • Up x 1
  9. tahn1000

i hope more was fixed that that. it would be nice if my missile launcher actually locks every time again, instead of half the time i'm carrying it not working at all.
  10. Brasil

same.
  11. t31os

If only more people could be appreciative, maybe the devs would feel a little more inclined to interact. Spending money does not entitle anyone to be an *** hat.

Pros vs Cons, there are plenty more reasons to keep playing PS2 than there are to not play it, just gotta get some perspective and look at the bigger picture, ie. it's still a great game.

Thumbs up for this guy... :)
    • Up x 2
  12. Aaren

While I agree that fewer people should feel the need to practice their *** hat impressions - I don't really agree that there are more "pro's" than ''con's" to playing PS2 currently. Or that the dev's deserve our resounding praise for working so hard to create the pinnicale of online gaming.

The fact is - updates routinley break, or remove features for no apparent reason: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/tr-hds-3-4x-scope-dot-is-black.197286/ - and the game has bugs and issues that are still prevelant, two years after beta. I'm not talking about trivial stuff like falling through the map every now and then - or your drop pod bouncing you back into space. But serious problems with the way damage is applied to enemies, how lag is compensated for, and the overall performance of the game itself. I myself have a Gtx780 ti, a i7-4770k and 32gb of ram, and am unable to get above 25-30fps in firefights.

There is thread upon thread on these issues on the forums - but rarely, once in a blue moon - do actual SOE staff respond to them. Instead we get vague promises through reddit or twitter that they're being "investigated" or are "high priority" yet six months later, they'll still be an issue for some players.

I could completely understand if the simple fact of the matter is - these problems arn't of any interest to SOE. If they'd rather simply make money off those who the game works for - and ignore the few for whome it dosn't. I could perhaps accept that active development by more than a handful of people has ceased for PS2 - and that it's really not feasible to address these issues at this point.

If SOE had the integrity to come forwards. And explicitly say that was the case.

But instead, they continue to maintain that the game works fine. And whenever someone says otherwise - they promise to look into it - and then promptly sit on their hands.
    • Up x 3
  13. Loeffel

I spend alot of money and it is the very least that they fix everything ASAP! Even indigames like SpaceEngineers bring great updates every week without messing up everything! And they go step by step!!!
    All SOE can do is bring a big load of buggy new stuff causing problems everywhere, destroying meta entirely and make it impossible to find the source of those problems. But they will never fix all those annoying bugs since beta.
    It's rediculous how SOE threat thier customers...
    • Up x 3
  14. t31os

You're entitled to your view Aaren, but honestly cannot take you seriously if you truly believe the devs just sit around on their hands. SOE have hard working team members who constantly work to do the best they can. Their best isn't good enough for everyone(even me at times, but that's on me), but that's fine, there are plenty of other games available to play if anyone truly does feel things are *that bad*.

Which begs a question, if the game is really as bad as you say, why have you not moved on already?

The game has issues, sure(there are things that drive me nuts to)... but if you've not got the patience to see them through(or find something else to do for a week if need be), why stick around and speel poisonous remarks, that only serve to rile up and drive more players into resenting the game.

I can't blame the devs for barely responding here, if i were stood in a room of people chucking insults at me, i'd not feel inclined to listen when they cannot communicate valid concerns in a mature, well reasoned and clear manner.

Treat people how you like to be treated yourself, and people will usually respond in kind, i find.
    • Up x 1
  15. Aaren

My remark about their 'handsitting' was intended to be solely in regards to the issues I listed - not their overall effort in releasing stuff. Sure they put out plenty of new content, cosmetics, and even a few new gameplay mechanics - but a most of it is worthless - if the fundementals aren't in place. If the game cannot run well on the appropriate hardware, or if in the case of a shooter - the shooting - dosn't work consistently.

Because this is the game I saved my pennies and dimes to play? Because I only just got into it a month or so ago? And because I'm so shocked and disappointed that SOE seem to have little interest in listening to their playerbase?

It's all well and good to simply play whatever you find most enjoyable - and skip games that you don't - but that's not how great games are made. If no-one ever gave any feedback, developers would never learn from their mistakes. As a modder, and amateur modeller, I understand how easy it is to spend months quietly creating something - release it - and then be gutted when it's torn to pieces by your audience. I empathise with Sony if that is indeed how they feel. But this game has been released for a good two years now. For it to still have the issues it does is simply remiss at this point.

Not got the patience? After two years!? You're acting as though the game has only just been released, and it's unreasonable of me to expect it to be working well by now. If planetside had been released in the cartridge or CD days, it would be unthinkable that a game failed to function, two years after it was released.

While I do try to avoid simply complaining for the sake of complaining, I think It's fairly clear by now that SOE are not going to listen to one or two scattered, polite complaints every couple of months. Honestly, we're at the point now where rallying some sort of mass player petition or strike, is about the only thing likely to gain their attention.

I'd suggest you read some of my other posts before you counsel me on forming reasoned and mature responses. Maturity and clarity are not something they lack.
    • Up x 2
  16. Pesty

You call yourself soldiers. Stop the crying. Or at least the repeat ones.
  17. Verviedi

Hooray! Update!
  18. XeoWolf

Stop complaining about someone complaining...
    Wait... now I'm complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining...
    Ugh..
    Anyway.. just stopped in to complain about so much maint. lately... It seriously feels like beta all over again.
    • Up x 4
  19. Gabriella

Our daily server maintenance!Superb!
  20. Verviedi

Because 8/5 was the largest update (almost) ever, and lots of things are borked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.