New Forum Structure

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadarX

As discussed previously in other posts we've completed a little consolidation on the forums to improve the general structure and provide visibility to great ideas seen in the subforums. Ideas and Suggestions and Vehicles are being merged in General Gameplay and most threads made in 2014 are in the process of being moved there.

If you have any concerns, feel free to drop me a PM. We look forward to seeing your continued feedback on PlanetSide 2.
  2. gigastar

One concern, and i get the feeling i wont be the only one with it.

General Gameplay is the primary feedback forum.

Ideas & Suggestions is where people (are supposed to) go to post thier ideas on what to add to the game.

That and with nowhere else to place vehicle-specific dicussions, it now has to share the same space which is often also occupied by nerf threads, people trying to fish for views on thier youtube channels, misplaced bug reports, pseudo-reviews and (of course) the general discussion.

So either you plan to step up the moderation on the things that dont belong, or General Gameplay is one step closer to becoming another Off-Topic.
    • Up x 27
  3. Pikachu

It's good that these topics will get more attention but this place will be so flooded. :S
    • Up x 4
  4. RadarX

I appreciate your feedback on this. One thing I can assure you, there are going to be some changes in enforcement regarding nerf threads. We have forum guidelines which prohibit them but honestly all I'm asking is folks present their ideas in a clear and specific way. Otherwise we'll have to do some closing.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikachu

To be honest I thought suggestion section was removed because SOE got so sick of too many useless ideas.
    • Up x 4
  6. -Synapse-

I feel like things might get a bit over saturated, but we'll see how it pans out.
  7. Flag

RIP Vehicle Sub Forum ...
    • Up x 8
  8. DorianOmega

That or it apparently was too touchy for the devs to read at times, pretty sure the devs also didn't like seeing criticism starting to seep through the suggestions...
  9. PKfire

Saw that the infantry forums still existed and chuckled at my own lack of surprise.
    • Up x 13
  10. Alarox

I miss the vehicle subforum already.
    • Up x 14
  11. Flag

I want it back.
    Merging it into the general discussion is just going to drown most (or all) vehicle things in all the other chatter.

I still remember when they called it "too niche". Damn that was infuriating.
    • Up x 5
  12. PKfire

There are a great deal of players that play this game solely because of the unique scale and style of vehicle play Planetside offers, and while the Vehicle Subforum wasn't as active as its counterparts, it was a great resource for how-tos and loadout comparisons for people trying to enter and compete in high level vehicle play. That or complain about Liberators.

I can understand Sony feeling a need to consolidate the forums but if they can recognize the need for infantry Subforum yet not its Vehicle cousin, then I believe their gameplay priorities are starting to bleed over to Forumside.

Now, where are my tissues..
    • Up x 4
  13. Flag

You can have my bucket.
    Had my tear ducts removed for the glory of Papa Vanu.
    • Up x 2
  14. NinjaTurtle

It was a pointless sub section.

The main game play discussion gets the most traffic.

When ever I have made a thread I always made it in General because more people are going to see it. As soon as it gets moved to suggestion it just dies

No one looks there it was a waste

Good decision
  15. Shrekem

Well there's barely anyone left on these forums anyway and the mods will take care of the rest.
  16. ColonelChingles

Yea, if you're going to shut down the Vehicle subforums you should at least do the same to the infantry subforums. Heck, each of the infantry classes even get their own subforum, whereas all 12 of the different vehicles in PS2 were lumped together.

If this was about saving money/moderators, you could have easily collapsed all of the different infantry class subforums into one giant infantry subforum. Boom, 6 subforums get streamlined to 1, while still preserving the Ideas and Vehicle voices in the community.

But instead not only do you manage to delete two very important voices to the game, but it's not even that efficient as combining the infantry class subforums because you just eliminated 2 subforums instead of 5. :confused:

You know, I liked posting in the Ideas sections. It was a (relatively) nice place where people weren't (as much) focused on nerf this, nerf that, but instead it was a place for people to be creative. To offer new ideas and directions for where PS2 could go, actual creative remedies for problems already in the game.

Now it's all muddled up in the General Gameplay Discussion subforum, which let's face it, is full of unproductive complaint threads, boring videos of people going on killstreaks, and other nonsense. All that stuff is easily drowning out what used to be in the Vehicle and Ideas subforums.

I mean I don't know what motivated these changes, but can we please get the old system back?
    • Up x 6
  17. Raap

Seems unfair to delete the one vehicle sub forum yet keep the SIX infantry sub forums? Bias? I'm assuming so.
    • Up x 3
  18. Paqu

Makes no sense to me either. I have hoped to actually have one more sub forum for the vehicle section to separate air and ground units. Problem with the general discussion is that its too crowded already.

Someone puts out a well thought out thread and it might sink to page 2 within hours from all the troll threads where nobody reads it anymore.

Vehicle section was much less crowded (still a lot more popular than all the infantry sections) where threads stayed up for days so more people had better chance of seeing them. And the discussion was more mature for the most part.

Dont like this change at all.
    • Up x 1
  19. Wargrim

Removing the vehicle forum is a BIG mistake. Having a central place to discuss this vital part of PS2 Gameplay is at least as important as having a central place for the infantry classes. IMHO, it is even more important, because the infantry classes have a lot of overlap in terms of gameplay and weapons.
    • Up x 2
  20. Stormsinger

The vehicle forums are the first thing I check in the morning, was a bit confused when I went to click, and couldnt find it. It seems like most of the useful discussions i've seen took place there. I never bother with the infantry forums, or at least very rarely - there's quite a bit of crossover to have them separate, but one forum for all vehicles? I liked that setup.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.