Serpent - laser or foregrip?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by patrykK1028, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Govedo13

Hence I use mine Serpent with foregrip and have 0 problem in using it up to 30-40m burstfiring with my mouse 3 shot button.
  2. ShumaKun

Siema, nawet nie wiem czy widzieliśmy się na TSie XD, to tak jak chcesz biegac z laserem to lepiej kup sobie vx6-7. Ja na serpenta zwykle zakładam tylko forward grip i 1x reflex.
  3. Iridar51

I ran this through online translator:
    Siema, even I do not know or we were seen on TSie XD, here so how you want biegac with a laser then better heaps to itself vx6 - 7. I on serpenta usually found forward of grip and 1x reflex only.

:eek:
  4. cruczi

I did the same in Google Translate and got this:

Hey, do not even know if we have seen in the TSie XD, it's like you want to run very laser is a better buy yourself vx6-7. I'm on the serpent usually assume only the forward grip and 1x reflex.

Auto-detected Polish.
  5. cruczi

Just for laughs, I translated that back to Polish then that back to English:

Hey, do not even know if we have seen in TSie XD, how you want to run the laser is very better buy yourself vx6-7. I'm on the snake usually assume only the handle to the front and 1x reflex.

Snake. Higgs pl0x, rename Serpent to Snake! :eek:
  6. ShumaKun

lol
  7. starlinvf

This is a fallacy of the highest degree. Even the worst ADS stats (0.15) won't see a significant advantage with the forward grip, as typically it'll take less shots to kill then it would for Bloom to spread larger then the targets head/body. Not to mention grips don't affect Bloom at all. It won't be until med range (20-25m) where this would even begin being to be a concern.
    • Up x 1
  8. cruczi

Why are you talking about bloom at all? This is about horizontal recoil. It makes zero difference whether you've fired enough shots for bloom to become an issue or not. Even with zero bloom perfect accuracy and perfect aiming skill, recoil will make you miss the head from time to time, and using a forward grip helps prevent that.

EDIT: also your argument "typically it'll take less shots to kill then it would for Bloom to spread larger then the targets head" makes no sense. Typically it'll take a good 15+ shots to kill a target in 1v1 strafe fights. By 15 shots fired, your full auto stand/move ADS COF will already be larger than the default still hipfire COF (0.3 -> 1.05 at 0.05 bloom/shot) which is wide enough to miss headshots already at 10 meters.
  9. patrykK1028

Czesc, chyba nie widzialem Cie jeszcze na TSie, moze dlatego ze ostatnio gram tylko rano. Dzieki za rade, teraz juz mam 100% pewnosci ze foregrip bedzie lepszy.
  10. cruczi

Hello, you're not yet seen Cie TSie, maybe because the last play only in the morning. Thanks for the advice, now I have 100% certainty of the foregrip will be better.
  11. Iridar51

Aaaand that's a good example of human unity instinct. A human will hold someone who speaks on his language in a higher esteem, and will be more likely to follow their advice, regardless of logical reasons.
  12. ShumaKun

I have a lot more experience with Serpent and equipping forwardgrip is playing for Serpents strength with is DPS
  13. Bankrotas

Well, as with GD-7F, I get better performance in 20-40 meter engagements due to FG. Since in CQC, you need to use it like a shotgun anyways and know when to stop pulling the trigger, FG helps with engagements that happen, while approaching the optimal engagement.
    Unlike ALS, that mostly extends it's effective range to 15 meters to match SPA and keep it viable up to 20-25 meters, FG keeps me viable to 40, while leaving effective range at about 8-10m and competitive ADS range, if aimed correctly to 20 meters.
  14. Iridar51

I'm of the opinion that laser is instrumental for 0.5x multiplier weapons, especially to be stronger against 0.75x weapons, which otherwise counter Serpent and alike.

It all comes to twitch and aiming skills, and how well you can compensate for enemy ADAD. If you can ADS and slow down to 0.5x and kill the hip firing SMG user who dances around fishing for headshots, or a Zenith/Jaguar/Bandit user, who dances around you at 75% ADS speed, then you don't need ALS.
  15. Bankrotas

Well higher horizontal recoil actually helps against ADAD spammers :). But now, I'm playing more with Fortuna, since it lets me pick my engagements way better than Bandit or GD-7F
  16. cruczi

Why would you think that? Higher horizontal recoil makes tracking a moving target harder.
  17. Bankrotas

Horizontal recoil drifts usually for me catch ADser with more bullets, than guns without.
  18. cruczi

How do you know?
  19. nehylen

I've been gaining gold medals (auraxium is a bit early still!) for the carbines/ARs i've been buying in succession to this point and while i thought that adv.laser would be the way to go, my inefficiency at 20~30 meters soon catered me to foregrip.

I didn't regret it. It's true that the VX6-7 is much better at this range though, but even without laser sight, the Serpent just chews through everything in CQC, except shotgun-wielding opponents.