Annoying Infiltrators of your server.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Parallus, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Kulso

2. TomoB

I never remember names of other players, do you write them down or something?
  3. Noktaj

Because infils weapons are the last ones they need to auraxium.
    They have struggled with themselves till the end but eventually they have to play the infamous class if they truly want to master the game.

I fear that moment. I've been able to avoid playing inf for as long as I could but BR100 is coming for me too. :(
  4. RobotNinja

• Up x 1
  5. BillHaverchuck

The only infiltrator that made an impression to me on Miller was TheStigma. He beats me currently on our encounters.
  6. Person7man

After reaching BR 70 on my TR heavy I decided to switch over to NC and use the infiltrator/SMG setup with silencer (because the NC SMG's are so quiet the sound glitches and is impossible to hear when there is any other noise present) I brought my K/D WAY up. Today there was a 48/48 battle going on and I cloaked behind enemy lines and literally stayed behind them for 10-15 minutes each life mowing them down as they ran past where I was cloaked. By the end of the nearly hour long battle I had racked up a high killstreak and almost 100 kills total. You could tell the enemy was completely frustrated. In short, SMG's on an infil are amazing.
  7. Saviorself

SMG infi = food for HA

Nom nom nom.
    • Up x 1
  8. Iridar51

I don't think there are good infiltrators on Ceres, at least I don't remember any. I feel like cloak is underpowered, and can only be effective against blind or deaf players. I've made it my goal as a Light Assault to hunt down as many Infiltrators as I can, and usually there's little they can do to stop me.

The introduction of the Motion Spotter and cloak buffs breathed in new life into the class, though.
  9. MisterBond

Trick question, all infiltrators are annoying as hell

Hell we were in a base being outnumbered 3 to 1 and streaming the game, and some people were saying that infiltrators took skill etc, I told them no, it does not take skill, its 100% baby mode.

They told me prove it, and I went "Ok" and switched to infiltrator, equipped my Blitz, and went on a multiple 20+ kill streaks.

Everyone was saying "Wow you're so good!" and I said "I am good, but in the hands of a good player this is almost outright cheating, the enemy can't see me until I uncloak, and by the time my cloak has registered on his client that I have dropped it I've already started shooting him. Its 100% baby mode."
  10. Bl4ckVoid

ALL OF THEM.

The biggest flaw of the game is the existence of this class, forcing people to constantly, strafe and bunny-hop all over the place.

Questions to the devs:
    - If an infiltrator can OHK me with a headshot, why can't I do the same if I have the skill to do it with an inferior weapon (at range)
    - Why do they have stealth + a range advantage + OHK weapon at the same time? Sniping is not infiltrating.
    - Why are they allowed to carry a sidearm, that is more effective in CQC than most primaries
    - Why is Hossin fog only a visual effect not affecting visibility range at all? At first I thought Hossin would be a disadvantage for snipers, but it is just the opposite. They are even harder to see in the "fog" (that is not really there anyways) sitting on some hilltop non-moving.

The requirement to be constantly on the move just kills tactical game and makes this a twitch shooter, where the best tactic is run, run, run, jump, run, run, jump.
    I just took a break from the game and I do not really feel the compulsion to go back.
  11. TomoB

Infils seem to always get to me at the worst moment when I have 1% health left and I'm escaping for explosion or something, I'm so busy that I don't have time to react even if I can see and hear that cloaked bugger very well, wouldn't make big difference if he was different class. I can imagine how every one of those infils fap and think how masterful ninja killing machines they are when they kill me even if mild wind blow would have killed me anyway.
  12. Yaesu

Infiltrators and a couple other things are the main reasons I let my membership go. Takes a special person to sneak up behind people and shoot them in the back. WIMPS! WoW is another game who created a class for people who couldn't play any other class. Rogues. They ruin games.
  13. BillHaverchuck

People that say that SMG infiltrators are easy mode and they can easily do 20+ kill streaks are obviously lying. They are just frustrated that have zero awareness and get killed easily by infs and they suppose that its easy.

Getting 1-2 kills with an SMG infiltrator is indeed easy... Kill streaks are not. Οnce a good or more players hear you and bother to look for you, you are dead, cause if people have the jump on you, you are dead. Mediocre HAs can possibly kill you even if you have the jump on them. Kill streaks happen only if the opponents are distracted by something else and you backstab them, but even then you have to hit, run, flank and repeat. Or if ALL the opponents in an area have zero awareness. Its not easy mode.
    • Up x 1
  14. patrykK1028

What is more annoying is that I feel more exposed when cloaked than when not
    • Up x 2
  15. Rudmed

Did they make a line about fun police? If so that was me, if not well....

NO PLACE IS SAFE FROM OUR WRATH!
  16. Dis

Shout out to BaronSengir, for putting down prox mines that always end up killing ME.
  17. CptUseLesS

18. toastybanban

We don't really have any major infiltrator players that I can think of.

Mag1c however is one annoying as hell light assualt shotgun main.
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

:eek: what the...
  20. andy_m

Having played 583 hours as sniper on Ceres I obviously must be crap. I'm reasonably happy with my accuracy with the Longshot though, currently at 43 and a bit percent. 90% kills by headshot.

Why is that?

I counter sniped a cloaked infil just today. I had him in my sights, and bungled an attempted 200M+ headshot. He moved, stopped and then cloaked. I shot at where he stopped and got the kill. Bottom line is, you should always move a bit when cloaking, even if your adversary is some distance away.

Also, cloaking does not make you invisible at close range.