Server Maintenance for Game Update July 17th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jul 16, 2014.

1. RadarX

All servers will come down for brief scheduled maintenance beginning at 6:00 AM PT (3 PM CET). Be sure you check out all the Hotfix notes in the Game Update forum .
    • Up x 2
  2. ThePropain

Aww, was holding my breath for the big resource revamp and directives to be for this update. Guess not :(. Not that i'm rushing or anything. I'm guessing next week then?

Lots and lots of Hossin fixes, congratulations to Dcarey for listing all of them, one by one.;)
    Bug fixes are always good.... but seriously SOE, what happened back there that caused all the mysterious floating objects? Did someone just go into a rage and just dragged objects all over the place?
    • Up x 1
  3. JudgeNu

lol, I reported several floating plants one session and then saw a few more and was like "they are gonna reprimand me for being a nit-picker." So I let them pass, but I think maybe someone got to them before me from the looks of that list.
    I can be too diligent that some find it offensive, esp irl.
  4. Pootisman

:confused:

None of the most annoying bugs gets fixed, i.e.
    • players sinking into the ground (happens a lot!)
    • wonky steering when driving backwards
    • medic revive sometimes not working (yes, i know right click is the new revive button)
    • Up x 1
  5. HyperMatrix

Have you guys considered that for players who prefer smaller fights, an increase in locked continents makes that nearly impossible? I understand that many people like 48+ vs 48+ fights, but there are also many who prefer the smaller 12 vs 12 fights you get on the less populated continents. Losing that option would end up forcing me to go to another game. Not that you would care at all about 1 player. But I figured I should make you aware of a concern I have.
    • Up x 8
  6. feiting_shad0w

Hyper, part of me thinks you want Caves and Zip Lines...
  7. HyperMatrix

Only if it comes with the Maelstrom. :p

No I just find 48+ vs 48+ battles to be a bit of a clusterfloook. I feel that in smaller battles, tactics and skill are more effective, whereas in the very large battles, the best tactic is zerg then zerg harder. I've seen 3 players hold back 12 players from taking a base (even with a sunderer up). But I have never seen 12 people hold back 48.

I'm just saying that having a less populated continent isn't a bad thing. It allows for people who like zergs and big fights to go to the more active continent. That can be encouraged even further through the use of alerts and the XP bonus it provides. But I think if your objective is to find ways to create the highest number of 48 vs 48 battles, you needlessly take away from the potential that already exists for smaller battles.

As it stands, I find myself redeploying to help resecure bases with a lesser number of forces present. This is usually on one of the emptier continents as on the active continent, it takes only a few minutes before the cavalry shows up. I'd like the option of smaller fights to continue being an option. It requires nothing extra...it's already in the game. So I don't see what the harm is.
    • Up x 5
  8. KratosAngel

Actually, that's exactly what they're doing. What it means is if there's quite a lot of people, only one continent will be locked, so more continents.
    Maybe this also means you can lock 3 continents if pop is very low (Woodman will try it ha ha :D)

Definitely agree with the post above that one too : players sinking into the ground is VERY annoying, whether friends or enemies.
    The bug on medic rez yeah, there are 2 reasons :
    1) The old one, the corpse appearing at a place while he actually is not exactly here so you can't do anything about that.
    2) The more recent one, you can right click for rez yeah, but allies being between you and the body will still, most of the time, make your rez impossible (because your rez is trying to target them but they are still alive so it just does nothing instead of targetting the dude behind them)
  9. Merli0n

How will this work with Briggs population? Will it mean only one continent open, or is two the floor in open continents?
  10. DJStacy

I've asked in a few threads but as yet had no acknowledgement, an ETA on the fix for all the bugged outfit recruitment applications would be great.

Lots and lots of players have tons of applications on the outfit page that they can neither accept or deny, because the application is listed as being from yourself.

New applications work but they are all mixed up with the existing bugged ones, so everyday I have to sort through to find any new ones which is a real pain and makes the whole application process bog down.

Please SOE can you let us know you are aware and looking into this small but tiresome issue.
    • Up x 1
  11. SynaptixBrainstorm

if i see onemore dude sinking in the ground and he kills because of that im gonna ragequit :D

im serious!
  12. SynaptixBrainstorm

i agree "but this game is supposed to have MEGAUBER fights everywhere!!!"

well i havent had only big fights EVERYWHERE for like 2 years but now i cant save my *** from this...drives me away slightly.

but i guess its too late and a hopeless plead
  13. Wolfsign

I don´t think that you or me, or anyone else will have to worry about this, even at rush hours, on double xp, participating in an alert when a continent is full and everybody who wants to get in has to wait 10min, there is never a situation where on every possible lattice the population is 48+.

Or in other words i think it won´t happen that you couldn´t find a place with too much people.

While i think that most double XP time is extremely unenjoyable due to extreme population and masszerging, i guess thats as bad as it can get.

The only thing stopping you from just picking the fight that suits you the best is the very annoying deploy system.
    While it does nothing to prevent a big outfit from simply switching places as they want, denying good gameplay to everyone else, it just annoys solo players and smaller groups who are forced to redeploy a hundred time to get to the other side of the map.

Wrel had a great idea how this could be optimized by using a special resource for deployment, the further away, the more expensive it would be and this would allow people to deploy where they want, while forcing a big Zerg to travel the old fashioned way.

Absolutely love the idea, take a look at this:
    /watch?v=XEnYqSVqGHY
    • Up x 1
  14. Ralfons

Really good ideas. But i think the focus of this game is less tactical and more instant "Zerg" and pew pew. So costs for redeploying to far hotspots are against the instant action ideas for the casual players.
  15. Carnage

So why the hell did the servers come down a second time Hmm?
  16. Carnage

Right in the middle of an epic biolab fight too, friggen ******** timing SOE
  17. SynaptixBrainstorm

you are in the following thread :
    Server Maintenance for Game Update July 17th

And you ask why ? :D
  18. Carnage

Just realized that it was PST not EST my bad
    • Up x 1
  19. Carnage

when i tried to login an hour ago my client wouldnt connect so i assumed it was being patched, guess I was thinking the wrong time. Although it would be nice for them to patch at a more convenient time like midnight or something so they dont ruin prime time for EU and Eastern players
  20. Mrrobinator

I have the exact same problem, thank you for trying to bring awareness