The C4 Problem.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jun 29, 2014.

1. SacredRay

Just remove C4 from Medics and Heavy Assaults.
  2. Frostiken

How about replace the LA C4 with some sort of anti-vehicle incendiary? They can toss a few and if your vehicle doesn't move, it can build up some strong damage. A Sunderer would either be dealt severe damage, or be forced to undeploy and relocate, probably out of cover.

LA gets a way to mitigate Sunderers without being insanely stupid and unfair.
  3. NC supporter

Hey its you again! You live a little now?
    • Up x 1
  4. Shatters

If you read the thread you can see medics and HA's aint the problem. If a HA/medic can run towards your tank you deserve to die (bar drop-pod/galaxy drop/ESF drop). A LA on Hossin is pretty much uncounterable tough, and unavoidable as well because of all the cover avaiable (and the lack of places without a LA hiding spot).
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

C4 is so accessible and also so damn powerful.
  6. SeanFree

This topic has been discussed forever. Taking C4 from LA without a major revamp would be absolutely absurd and this is coming from someone who runs medkits the majority of the time. The only time LA C4 is completely unfair is a drifter jumping from an ESF but I don't do this and can't think of a way to make it fair for tankers other than the cylindrical range for tank radar.
    • Up x 1
  7. Roland2TowerCame

8. Scr1nRusher

its so "fine" that most of the classes can use it, and its good vs everything.

Its also so "fine" that it stops vehicles from being active against infantry in battles.

Its so "fine" that a single person with it can turn the tide of a battle better then the army fighting it.

But no no..... its "fine" everything is just "fine".....
  9. SeanFree

A single person changing the tide of battle? The only time that happens is when the attackers have a single sundy and don't leave anyone to babysit it. If an army doesn't effectively protect their logistics then it's not surprising if they lose them. Taking 2 C4 and a UBGL loadout to hunt sundies is a high risk/high reward business that fails more than it succeeds.
    • Up x 3
  10. hansgrosse

Tbqh, most of my deaths by C4 while driving a vehicle I knew were probably coming; I'll get impatient and knowingly put myself into dangerous situations.

As long as I keep a cool head, stay alert, and play smart, deaths to C4 remain very, very rare. That's not to say that C4 attacks aren't attempted fairly frequently, of course, but in the end all those C4 fairies and jihadists ever usually accomplish is to feed me another kill. XD
  11. SacredRay

C4 on an LA is mandatory, unless tower jumping with a shotgun, LA has no particular utility outside of C4.

That's an actual Meta, and you guys want it nerfed/removed. -_-
  12. Shatters

Then it should get something else to do. Being a class with not so much utility (I would still argue the ability to have a jetpack is invaluable, usefull and very fun at the right place) should not give him OP stuff to balance it out.
  13. SeanFree

Well LA's have been asking for a revamp for years and SOE still has it unscheduled on the Roadmap and their "bright idea" is to give LA akimbo at the price of their jetpacks. LA without C4 is like a sandwich without bread. If they had a tool that was useful at all I would be a little more lenient with the C4 nerfing but until then, C4 is basically LA's tool.
  14. TheBlindFreak

Care to elaborate on that?
  15. Scr1nRusher

Sunderers.

Unless they have max blockade they are usually dead.

and then person could easily finish the sunderer off if its smoking with the UBGL and/or a crossbow with explosive bolts.

Also don't forgot ESF taxi drops with Safe landing and ejection seat.
  16. TheBlindFreak

Some say the same thing about the magrider and magburner.
  17. SeanFree

*usually dead if someone isn't babysitting the sundy. As far as an ESF drop, someone spent 200 infantry and 250 air resources to take out an objective. I'm cool with that.
  18. SacredRay

I don't even know how you have the patience to reply to these people. "C4 IS TOO ACCESSIBLE!!" So... remove it from the classes that have no conceptual identity with C4??? And then the true purpose of the thread is revealed "I WANT LA NERF BECAUSE OP!!"

Its just so transparent and boring to deal with. If your Sundy gets destroyed, how can you blame the 1 person who traveled through hell to get there, rather than the score of brainless fodder (your allies) who should have been watching for it? If your tank gets destroyed, how can you blame the 1 person who used the power of the land to his advantage, rather than yourself, the f***ing idiot who drives his tank deep into the bushes so he can pad his k/d with point & click infantry farm kills?
    • Up x 1
  19. SeanFree

Agreed, I C4 HE tanks with PPA's on top and yell eat **** where as I see an AP tank out doing good, wrecking other tanks and I let it pass on by.
  20. Ronin Oni

Give Medics something else.

And seriously? Like Medics or HA's get that many C4 kills :rolleyes:

If you get killed by a medic or HA (or engie for that matter, but lol what engie certs C4 when ATM's cost a fraction the certs and less resource?) with C4 in a vehicle THAN YOU STRAIGHT UP FAILED at situational awareness.

Getting C4 dropped on you from 20-30ft above from a drifting LA is about the only legitimate complaint and even that has a bit of "well, wtf you expect when you get that close to infantry with ledges above you" to it.