Test Server Update Notes : 7/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 1, 2014.

1. DoubleBill

So, I won't spend money in PS2. I don't want to buy things that will be nerfed a few days later.
    • Up x 1
  2. ColMout

The HE is over powered against Infantry... But that's normal
    The AP is over powered against Vehicles... But that's normal
    Actual balance between the different first weapon is ok... So why... What did happen?...
    I'm not able to understand this change... We will be soon more effective with our flare than our weapon... That was a great game, hard game, but all those changes are making the game easier for the noobs, we can't elaborate a decent strategy or tactics with all those change... Hope this will never happen on the server live
  3. fac0n

I dont understand this way of logic.
    Because we want to make farming harder we nerf AP shells? Every time i think of this it makes me laugh.
    Why not delete HEAT, Tanks do zero dmg against Air and Infantry, Intantry do no dmg gainst Air and Tanks, Air do no dmg to Tanks and Infantry.
    And here is another famous smilermaker. To avoide the Problem that Synthetic Live destroys Organic Live we created Synthetic Live that destroyed all Organic Live
  4. Raap

I wasn't too impressed with the previously purposed test server Hossin update, and if this goes live the transition from PlanetSide to InfantrySide will be completed, I suppose the only thing missing would be anti air domes over all bases...

The CoD players you are hoping to attract better exist because you will need them to replace me once I've uninstalled this game. Patches like this clearly tell a tale; The developers have no further interest in making this game about combined arms, but only a CoD clone.

I have nothing left to say that posters before me have not already said. This patch makes no sense.
    • Up x 1
  5. UltimaRecon

I love driving tanks on all factions and fighting them, there is nothing wrong with how they operate at this time. Don't fix what isn't broken.
  6. moriarrr-ceres

And for the rocket launchers....why i would buy a decimator with this changes?
    I suggest instead: leave the S1 and decimator alone and only nerf lock on variant....
    So you will have to choose between have lock on capacity or being able to one shot infantry or esfs.
    Their velocity are already garbage it's not good to nerf it even more.
    they all should have dead zone like the grenade launcher.
  7. Shagz

errr why on earth would they apply these changes?
  8. biterwylie

:rolleyes: I just have no idea what they are thinking!

I mean seriously! How much more do you need to nurf tanks against infantry? You will not fix tank spam in this way. You will only make the game less fun. Blast radius has already received many adjustments down.

And what on earth is going on with those AP turret damage changes?

Vanguard AP 2075 > 1800 = 275 damage reduction

Magrider AP 1865 > 1600 = 265 damage reduction

Prowler AP 1250x2 > 1200 x2 = 100 damage reduction

The Prowler now does 600 damage per volley more than Vanguard and 800 damage per volley more than Magrider?

And that is without using lockdown!

Why cant you stop doing this :mad:
    • Up x 3
  9. FourTwoFour

lol I'm a Prowler driver and even I don't want this. At this point I honestly don't understand what their goal is. I already gave up.
    • Up x 4
  10. TheBlazing

Well, bases are definitely harder to cap, but I think it is a good thing, now overpopping the defenders by 5% no longer means auto-victory. I think that between easy attack and easy defense, easy defense is better to have, as it still allows both sides to have a fun lengthy battle, which is the point of Planetside 2, while with easy attack the zerg will just roll through ten bases with all defenders getting frustrated and logging off, and the zerge getting bored - result, no fun for anyone.

Regarding tank play, I kind of agree... there are a few areas where you can have epic tank battles (mainly a wide, long road in the northern, area, although I can't remember the exact name of the facilities, had a great tank push against the TR as VS there yesterday), but the "Pull Sundy - Drive Sundy - Deploy - Infantryside 2" syndrome seems to be a problem on Hossin just as it is on the other continents. I'm starting to think it may be more of a gameplay design problem than a level design problem at this point. If anything, air seem to work great and be fun to play on Hossin.
  11. DK22

:rolleyes: Can I cert up a big stick and will it do any damage?
  12. Wezdor

Why are they trying to nerf tanks farming infantry when we currently have galaxies running around which are all too happy to farm much more effectively with no fear of dying?

They can fly, survive twice as much damage as a tank and have weapons much better suited for farming and you are nerfing tanks?!

Come on!
  13. FourTwoFour

14. Tacom

Please, stop trying to balance what is not possible to balance. Tanks beeing tanks, they should kill infantry easyly.

If you dont want tanks and planes killing infantry from far away just give every base and outpost a kinetic shield that stops heavy caliber amunition. If the tank wants to kill infantry, make it go closer, where infantry can surround and kill it easily.
  15. Wezdor

To be honest, at least they are not throwing this up mindlessly but are going to at least think this through ( to some extent ). There may still be hope.
  16. Qaz

At least they're communicating the goals clearly, so we can work with that.

Problem 1:
    Reducing reload speeds on HE is a massive buff for the weapon, even with the reduced splash radius. Combine that with HE being the only variant that can still kill with splash, and you just made HE 10x more desirable than it was before. Depending on how bad the splash nerf is, efficacy on a per unit rate could go down slightly, but i'm fairly confident that usage rates would spike a LOT, making the problem worse.

Problem 2:
    Reducing AP damage so massively doesn't help anyone. When balancing this stuff, TTKs with secondaries always have to be considered, and right now things are about perfect where they with AP + either the halberd or the ESAV. This goes for all empires and the proposed change basically is about to topple this balance. I haven't taken an in-depth look yet, but a second issue is that the TTK of AP is too close to HEAT when you're combining it with secondaries. For the mag, there's would basically be no difference in TTK for a HEAT + Saron mag vs a prowler and an AP + Saron mag vs a prowler. I.e., this is a selective marginalisation of AP and I don't think this is called for.

So ... uhm ... back to the drawing board, please?

P.S. The mag being nerfed the most and the prowler being nerfed the least by a massive amount also doesn't sit right.
  17. ZZZRonin

If a shell round coming from a tank cannot kill an infantry in one hit, the realism for this game will suffer a lot, and it will be very frustrating for a tank pilot to not be able to kill anybody because infantry will duck after the first shot. Also, as you know, tanks cannot duck and so will received more rockets if they cannot kill them. The solution is not nerfing main guns, but teach player how to get rid of enemy tanks, there is already lots of way to do that with efficiency, so let's the tank alone and be able to defend itself. A tank cost a lot in this game, it have limited mobility and limited rounds, it must be powerful and dangerous on a battlefield, otherwise, it will disappear. I'm glad I didn't renew my subscription, this great game will be **** up.
  18. Atenson

Holy crap, I have never seen a PS2 forum post w/ so many people agreeing! Bonding over the utter despite of these tank nerfs. Looks like you might want to re-work this one DEV team & keep them on the Test Server for more than 2 days.

If your intention is to make the game even more infantry based, please continue to refine/improve hit detection.
    • Up x 2
  19. lNeBl

Wow.... Just wow. This game has clearly gone to ****. I have lost the will to fight against these WEEKLY idiotic patch ideas. Now you are just nerfing EVERYTHING about tanks. LOL. It's quite clear you want this game to just be about infantry so the game will be as much like CoD as possible. So yea. No point in trying to argue. Time to find a new game.

I can't even maintain my composure anymore. This is insane.

Magrider FPC now does the same damage as Vanguard HEAT. Wut?
    • Up x 4
  20. ZZZRonin

Are you sure you do not want to work with them ? They need you !