All of the new content was disappointing.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wade-D, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Wade-D

Free? It's pay as you like. Last time I checked people pay for what they enjoy so I'm pretty sure feedback is good for them. I've bought things in PS2 - what about you? Or is coming into forums and whining at somebody that disagrees with game changes your form of payment?
  2. Nikushimi

Ya it is so "ahead of its time" that we had roughly the same thing but with a much better overall design back in 2003.
  3. Wade-D

Awesome battles on Hossin? I'm just going to assume that you were on the VS side as there were NO awesome battles on Hossin last night when Hossin was rolled over by over 9000 VS. Other than that? The NC zerged the TR, the TR zerged the NC back, the NC started zerging again, and then the VS just swallowed everything with overpop. Rolling over an enemy base with barely any resistance with a ton of vehicles really isn't something I would consider a great battle.
    • Up x 1
  4. libbmaster

We asked for more content.

Man, we pleaded with them.

Every minute not spent crying for new content was spent crying that the game is dead/dying because of the content/lack of content it has.

And then we get new content and everyone is furious at SOE because of it.
  5. Wade-D

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah... Out of all of that I see that you are upset because you have a thing for Outfits. Good for you. Planetside 2 does not need outfits in the slightest to keep any part of the fun running. Outfits are simply there for friends to play together - and any outfit that is not built that way is typically run via some annoying high pitched kid (maybe you?) whining at outfit mates to zerg the senseless hell out of a location. That is the problem though. Outfits are not necessary in the first place and shouldn't be focused on. I really don't care if you run or are a part of some shoddy PS2 outfit and are offended by that, it's just a fact. Saying that outfits are 'absolutely vital' to this game's continued success is just hilarious. Trust me bud NOBODY plays this game for the specific reason of jumping into your group and following your lead.
    • Up x 1
  6. CommanderShwan

Well...when you have to wait almost a year for said content, you'd think it'd be a little more grand or something.
    • Up x 1
  7. randallt3mpd

Sorry but the pure scale of this game makes outfits important for doing anything strategic or tactical. This is a game of war after all. If you want something that you jump into alone and make a serious impact without having to communicate with anybody there are plenty of single player games out there for you. Even CoD or Battlefield would be a better match for your playstyle.
    • Up x 1
  8. Wade-D

When people were asking for more content I doubt the majority of them wanted a crappy mud continent or continent "content" locking.
    A new tank, a new gun, or maybe making current equipment more unique would have been a much more welcome change.
    • Up x 2
  9. randallt3mpd

You say "crappy mud continent" I say "breathtaking verdant swamp."

You said "content locking" I say "start of more strategic depth and meaningful objectives."

I do however agree with you that weapons should be more unique. However with uniqueness comes "perceived imbalance" and I'm sure you'd be one of the first ones to whine about that too :)
  10. Ronin Oni

You only read one sentence then.

But yes, a major problem with player retention is that many players feel a loss of purpose, meaning, or coordination. It seems like a giant random mess... which... with un-squaded mass randoms, is pretty much the case. It's FINE if you want to play that way, the game should support all types...

However, now outfit play is more accessible which will help more players get coordinated, which will make the game more fun for even those who chose to still play solo when the battles are better coordinated in general.
    I actually play a lot of solo for the record. Sometimes I join my 'Fit ([T42] on Connery) because it's really fun to drop 48 guys on a base, or set up 12+ man lancer teams.

Most of the time though, I just stay unsquaded, or squad with 2-3 of my friends I play every game with, and we just do w/e the hell we want. Doesn't change the fact that when players are working together it makes for better and more interesting fights. I don't even have to be in a squad or outfit to benefit from others being in an outfit and helping keep the battles more fairly balanced.

I've also NEVER put up with anyone acting "holier than thou" or screaming orders and such nonsense. When I join a random squad and they act that way, I just leave. When I'm in Commander chat (I have all the Sqd Ldr perks for my group of friends) I've wound up muting half the people that use it because I find them obnoxious.

I don't know where you got your anti-outfit rage from... but you're aiming it at the wrong guy. I support outfits, but I'm not much of an "outfit player" and I sure as hell don't begrudge enhancements to the Outfit system, and can't for the life of me figure why you're so mad about them.
    • Up x 1
  11. libbmaster

...What?

WHAT?

WHAT?

That's just not true. It's just wrong! It's just WRONG!

A new continent, specifically Hossin from PS1, was the #1 most requested item by forumside and reddit up till now, with some kind of metagame (locking) coming in a very close second.

I can distinctly remember angry posts that cropped up every time SOE dropped new guns and equipment, taking issue with the fact that we got "minor stuff" and that SOE was "milking the game for money" instead of delivering a major update.

Will a veteran forumsider please please please tell me if the above actually happened, or if I'm going insane. I swear to Vanu that this is has been the opinion of the community up to this point.
    • Up x 2
  12. Wade-D

You say "breathtaking verdant swamp" I say "other games have done it better I'm not here to create a painting."
    You say "start of more strategic depth and meaningful objectives" I say "beginning of nowhere to go while you get overpopped to death by an enemy team."
    I'm sure I would complain if one of the factions had something obscenely overpowering, and I'm sure your lonely *** would be there to try looking important the moment you saw a post to chip into.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ronin Oni

Quoted for emphasis.

These were the TOP 2 items requested on both Reddit and in the Roadmap

Nope, you remember it exactly right.
    • Up x 1
  14. volth

"I can distinctly remember angry posts that cropped up every time SOE dropped new guns and equipment, taking issue with the fact that we got "minor stuff" and that SOE was "milking the game for money" instead of delivering a major update."

Only problem is that this is a downgrade and not a update.
    When people's ask for new content, they ask for fun and good content, not game breaking "updates" that change PS2 to battlefield 3 close combat with 2 maps. There one of the maps is a buggy alpha version.
  15. Caserion

It's called having an opinion, or should we all just look at the developers like ''yup, everything is fine''.

Feedback is always needed, no matter if you agree or not, everyone is free to voice theirs. Now you could voice your opinion about his opinion, but it seems like you just want him to be quiet...
  16. Ronin Oni

Alright, who reported my first reply?

I mean, seriously? You're gonna get mad that I disagree with you?

I wasn't even being mildly insulting.... may as well get ready to bust out the big guns then. Time to get snarky.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ronin Oni

lol wat?

God, so many ******** people over not having Indar available 24/7

jeebus.

I can't WAIT to see your guys reaction when Indar becomes 1 factions home continent and fighting there is reduced to a bare minimum.
    • Up x 1
  18. libbmaster

This is it man. The gloves are off.

If I'm going insane, I might as well go full bonkers. If all of my opinions up to this point were based on a figment of my imagination, I might as well just let go.

Where the higby were these people when these things were being discussed? When the Devs were asking for their feedback? when the changes were posted to the test server?

Of all the people I have seen decrying the latest update, not one have I seen on the forums before this update!

...Which would be explained my my madness. OH MY VANU. OH NO. Nooooooooooo
    • Up x 1
  19. Negator

You are a very lost person indeed. Outfits define this game.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ronin Oni

They had no reason to I guess. They had what they wanted.

Indar 24/7