Every Implant currently on Test

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 23, 2014.

1. TorigomaSET

Implants are Live on Test?!
  2. Mrasap

I disagree, it makes taking out multiple enemies more easy. In PS1 I always had enhanced targetting.
    • Up x 1
  3. Vostogon

Well, ****.
  4. DJPenguin

How many implants can you equip at one time? Are more in the works? I was really looking forward to the ammo pickup one.
  5. MarkAntony

You can equip only one at a time. But currently you can equip the same implant on more than one loadout.
    Example. You have one EOD 3 implant. You can now put that into every loadout slot you want. So you will only ever need one implant of any type. If you get doubles then go crafting.
  6. Atis

What about chargers?
    If I throw lotsa money in game, can I have tons of them and keep tier3 implants on all the time? Isnt that p2w?
  7. Eyeklops

General Question: Will we be able to field toggle the implants? I think that would be a good idea. Knowing when to turn implants on/off is more meta. More meta is good.
    • Up x 4
  8. Reiyan

Quoted: This energy is only consumed while the Implant is in use. Energy can be obtained through Chargers, which can be obtained in the same three ways that Implants are obtained.

There are three ways to get implants:
    1.) Purchase them with certs or SC.
    2.) Earn them through experience rewards.
    3.) Craft them from other implants.

So, after i get the implant, i still need to get the charger everytime i use any of the implant here (instead of some sort of things like infantry resources which is regenerated overtime)

I sense a strong Pay to Win elements here
    • Up x 3
  9. NDroid

Has anyone tested if Awareness spots you for everyone (Q-spot) or just for the person with the implant?
  10. Paperlamp

Regen is more all-around useful. Would love it for LA especially since I carry C4, and even on HA I might carry C4 if I had regen. Or mines on infil.

Granted I don't play medic much though.

Really they should just give everyone access to T1, let T2/3 be the P2W/cert sink.
    • Up x 3
  11. Maljas23

So far, I am not a fan of these implants. Its probably to late to say, but I honestly don't feel they are needed atm. I can't be only one who thinks this right?

Will probably be using Enhanced Targeting or Sensor shield the most.
    • Up x 1
  12. Konfuzfanten

Not happy. Yes they have removed a lot of the worst implants (anti-concussion/anti-IR scopes), but its still looks like a power creep.
    • Up x 3
  13. Being@RT

And, if recent developments are any guide, this is 'phase 1'.

That is, I guess they didn't drop those other implants completely, they just didn't have the time to code them :p

Or, a little bit more negative thought, they'd postpone them for a while in order to get the implant system itself through. Combined resistance against consumable chargers _and_ some types of implants might cause a big uproar. Implementing them separately causes a milder uproar each time?
    • Up x 1
  14. pintle

Making radar unreliable is STUPID. Totally undermines coordinated play. Hate these implants, very bad idea that sacrifices gameplay for potential short term profit. GG SOE.
    • Up x 1
  15. Konfuzfanten

Yep, thinking the same and thats the problem. Its just looks like a huge cert/time sink combined with a power creep where ppl with the most time/sc can buy/get straight up better gear then more casual players.

This is not what Planetside 2 needs.
    • Up x 1
  16. FishMcCool

Make that at least two of us. Consumables and immunities? Yeah right...
    • Up x 1
  17. Unclematos7

In case you were wondering:

There are no "implant recipies". Crafting new implants from existing implants is entirely random.

The only thing that is certain is this: 1 tier 1+1 tier 2=5400 energy and 1 tier 2+1 tier 3=3600 energy.
  18. Konfuzfanten

thats 36000 energy ;)
  19. Unclematos7

Oh, forgot a zero.

Also you can buy that energy on the cash shop.;)
  20. FateJH

Can someone in this thread expound on how the energy system works?