Every Implant currently on Test

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Alarox

Awareness: Auto-spots enemies who damage or kill you if they are not using a suppressed weapon.
    Dev note: We intend to make this effect work in a vehicle and reduce spot time.

Battle Hardened: Reduce camera shake from all explosions; also reduces flinsh when hit by enemy fire.
    Dev note: Doesn't work in a vehicle.

Enhanced Targeting: Displays health of damaged, spotted enemies; also increases HUD reticle enemy identification range.
    Dev note: Intended to work in a vehicle.

EOD HUD: Detects nearby enemy explosives and displays them on your HUD.
    Dev note: Should eventually function in a vehicle. Detection range needs tuning.

Hold Breath: Increases hold breath time by 25/50/75%.
    Dev note: Function will change based on a general breath pass.

Marker: Auto-spots enemies that you damage.
    Dev note: We intend to make this effect work in a vehicle.

Regeneration: Regenerates 4/5/6% health every second while not being damaged. Does not repair MAX armor.
    Dev note: Doesn't work in a vehicle.

Safe Landing: Reduces fall damage. A normal fall now starts damaging at 20/30/40m and a lethal fall damage starts around 60/90/120m.
    Dev note: Does not function in a vehicle.

Sensor Shield: Makes you undetectable to enemy radar equipment and motion sensors.
    Dev note: Does not function in a vehicle.

--------------------------

Each Implant has three tiers with the higher tiered versions being more powerful.

There are three ways to get implants:
    1.) Purchase them with certs or SC.
    2.) Earn them through experience rewards.
    3.) Craft them from other implants.

Implants are equipped like anything else in your loadout. The difference is that they consume energy over time. It is 0.5/0.75/1 energy per second for each tier. Meaning, higher tier Implants consume energy more quickly. This energy is only consumed while the Implant is in use. Energy can be obtained through Chargers, which can be obtained in the same three ways that Implants are obtained.
    • Up x 6
  2. Posse

Regeneration sounds a bit powerful, I'd definitely use that one
    • Up x 2
  3. Paragon Exile

Actually sounds relatively balanced, for a second I was afraid that...

http://3.bp.************/-R7YqJJJYiRs/To9pjWuQsyI/AAAAAAAAAQI/AeyhPBk92fM/s1600/ObamaHellNo.jpg
    • Up x 6
  4. Ronin Oni

I'd probably use the T1 version too to save power (less power consumption per HP gained)
  5. DeadliestMoon

Did you have to make this thread here?
  6. Alarox

I wanted to make my thread here so the general population is more informed and so that implants get more feedback.
    • Up x 17
  7. Sebastien

Gonna get EOD Hud. Won't have to mash 'Q' whenever I'm approaching a chokepoint.
    • Up x 2
  8. Halon

[IMG]

I want it.

Hold breath needs some baseline improvements before they bring the implant into the picture, as has been noted. Shake from explosions to a lesser extent also.
    • Up x 2
  9. Paperlamp

What do we get with no implant? IIRC it was going to be a decent passive effect so implants are "sidegrades" right?
    • Up x 3
  10. hawken is better

Battle Hardened it is. Beyond sick and ******* tired of screenshake.

What's pathetic about this whole situation is that screenshake was toned down considerably a year ago when everyone complained about it night and day. They brought it back when they buffed vehicles (around November iirc) and now they plan on monetizing implants instead of just removing the ******* screenshake that no one wanted in the first place.

And $OE wonders why people call them greedy?
    • Up x 6
  11. Halon

Buffed health regen was mentioned as a benefit from not having an implant. It looks like it's a full implant now though.
    • Up x 1
  12. Alarox

Default Implant is Enhanced Targeting I.
    • Up x 2
  13. Winfield

This is going to be extremely annoying AND extremely useful. Definately gunning for this if it goes live(and I hope it doesn't).
    • Up x 4
  14. Paragon Exile

It's not like they're free if you get them with certs. Damn that SOE, always stealing mah money.
    • Up x 2
  15. Alarox

Edit: After going through and getting all implants on Tier 3, I noticed two inconsistencies with my first post.

Regeneration III is 6.67% rather than 6%, and Safe Landing III is 50m and 150m rather than 40m and 120m.
    • Up x 2
  16. Paperlamp

Great, garbage. It should be regen if they really want to be fair about these things.
    • Up x 4
  17. Trebb

I'm torn on this one. Way back I posted that maybe infiltrators shouldn't show up on radar when cloaked. But this was before the permanent cloak. So now you'll have an always-invis guy that, when crouched, you literally can't see 5 feet in front of you. Maybe make this implant available for every loadout *except* perma cloak. Just a thought.

(I play infil 1% of the time)
  18. Tommyp2006

Sensor shield is probably what I'll be rocking most often. Nothing in this game is more powerful than staying off the radar IMO, which is why vehicle stealth is so good.
    • Up x 3
  19. iller

I don't think that description was accurate.... the last description I saw said something about it not working if you're sprinting.
    Basically all it would do is hide us from Scout Radar (YAY!!), and let us "walk" to avoid detection instead of having to Crouch+Walk

Or I could be completely wrong in which case why even bother playing an Infiltrator anymore since Darts were the only thing we brought to Team-play o_O (inb4 a bunch of people all reinstall wallhacks & then SOE ignores every /report against them)
    • Up x 1
  20. DeadliestMoon

People arent that lazy, they can scroll down to see the "Ready to Test: Implants" thread title themselves. No need to do the work for them.