prowler against ESF.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PlatoonLeaderG, Apr 23, 2014.

1. PlatoonLeaderG

I m really mad about this subject,when you fight against vanguards and magriders using your mossie they can 1-hit kill you and yes i deserved to die because i did some foolish choices and sometimes got greedy and didnt focus enough to see them.

Now when i m in a prowler i need to 2-hit a reaver or sythe,so when they do some foolish things with their esf why are they allowed to leave and not die?

Why they make it like this:
    Prowler can shoot 2 times unlike magriders and vanguards,if prowlers could 1-hit kill they would have been twice as effective as the other 2.We see this on infantry area.

Why its unfair:
    Its not impossible,you can still kill an esf with 2 shots
    a)really hard for very good players that can lead and predict where and how fast an esf could travel.
    b)low rank players that will still hover in the same place after the first shot.
    c)with a lucky shot at a smoking esf.

Personal experience:
    I shoot at hovering esf that were farming infantry many times,first shot hit and then they escape.If it was 1-hit kill i shouldnt have missed those 13 kills of esf that i should have because the pilots got greedy.If a vanguard and magrider user can get his esf kill because he was good and he managed to land that shot,then why prowler users should feel discourage to do it?

Solution:
    This only applies against esf nothing else:
    1 solution i could think is:Make the prowler first shot(2/ammo) 1-hit kill and the second shot do 10-20% dmg to esf(1/ammo).
    This way when you miss your first shot you will still have to reload like magriders and vanguards because the other shot will not do any good dmg.

Important:
    I wont allow any harmful and personal insults and note i will report you instantly. If you dont agree its fine,i dont mind if no1 agree with me but please try to be more polite.

• Up x 1
  2. Darthjackn

That isn't to bad of a idea I have to say I would go with this idea.
    • Up x 2
  3. Vixxing

I say you need some time in a magrider if you whine about prowler against ESF...
    • Up x 11
  4. Bush82

use a slope?

the prowler is the least effective because of its two shot cannon. but sure it is not an AA tank.
    • Up x 1
  5. Vixxing

You should really, really try taking on some ESF in a mag... then your Prowler will feel like an AA tank...
    • Up x 3
  6. PlatoonLeaderG

Yeah,all mbt main cannons are not designed to be AA but to a skill player can still make it work if he is using vanguards or magriders.It shouldnt limit prowler drivers for doing so.

Thats another subject yes somewhat related but we are talking about the damage and resistance against esf not velocity and drop.I havent used a magrider before but shot from air by them,yes a lot lower rate than vanguards.
  7. Vixxing

Anchored Prowlers is one of the biggest threats to libs cause damage comes out of nowwhere and they are big and easy to hit with 2 shots, sure make this change, but also nerf it against Libs then... "we wantz bigger damage against everything! (thats only fair!)"
  8. z1967

Pfff, Prowler1 is THE AA tank of the game. Just one of them can rip Galaxies out of the sky before they even find out what is happening. Its only ineffective against ESFs because they can *usually* evade the second shot. And it used to be great against Libs until they got an armor buff because some people just do not know how to fly. From 4 shots to kill a lib to 7. Ridiculous I say, absolutely ridiculous.

1Whilst in lock-down mode obviously. Otherwise, Vanguard.
  9. Vixxing

Vanguard is the best against ESF, Prowler is the best against Galaxys and LiB's while magrider is the worst by a far margin against all 3....
    • Up x 4
  10. DevDevBooday

Tanks WERE nerfed against Libs and Gals.
    Its around 7 AP shells from a Prowler to take down a Lib, you cant even manage that with Anchor now.
    • Up x 1
  11. Evilsooty

You can still down a hovering one pretty quickly especially if they have taken a little bit of damage. If you have anchor maxed and you are in any way a decent shot you should be able to land four shots before they can react - after that I spam the fire in their direction leading my shots and have pretty decent success. At worst you have forced the Lib that has been farming retreat and think twice about coming back.

ESFs are tough to land both shots on though, but I'll accept that disadvantage in being able to down Libs and make Galaxys retreat quickly.
  12. Modern Ancestor

Yup we have arrived to the point where effective AA is tank cannon and not even that where it matters. Perhaps the problem here isnt the prowlers twin cannon at all.
    • Up x 1
  13. Vixxing

Well imagine hitting that lib with a magrider then?
  14. PlatoonLeaderG

Guys stay on topic,i m not talking about libs or gals only about esf.

With the recent buffs to libs and gals right now are good.

Vanguards have almost identical velocity to prowlers and require less shots to kill than anchored prowlers,and also they are safer as they can move.
    Note:For the last time stay on topic please.
  15. Appalachian

MBT cannons aren't meant to take out ESFs, so why in the world would they balance them for it? Every faction has something that the others don't. Expecting them to waste time and resources to balance something that probably amounts to one out of every 50 kills for a tanker is silly. They can only do so much and there are so many other things that should take priority over this. If you want to play AA then pull something designed for AA.
    • Up x 1
  16. Taemien

Because in the case of a Vanguard, where is it going to go when a ESF comes in on it? At least with a prowler you can zip out of there almost like a lightning. That is why it takes two shots.

its not like the big disc of the Scythe (when coming at you), or the Reaver are the hardest ESFs to hit.

See MBT Cannons used to be a big deal against ESF. Used to be until they were both nerfed in velocity and well ESF pilots simply got smart about it. Mainly the last one. Now all ESF deaths to MBTs are due to pilot error, or luck. Not MBT OPness or UPness.
  17. Vixxing

I dont agree totally though, Vanguard has very high velocity and 1shot ESF and very low drop... alot easier to kill ESF with than i.e a Lancer that takes more than 2 full charges and then a few more dings... played alot with both vannie and prowler and its really easy to take out Air with both... (maybe cause i compare it to a Magrider)
  18. LaRZy

Bullet Velocity is connected to Bullet Drop, The faster the bullet the less drop, Vanguards have the least drop, Then Prowlers & lastly Mags.

Odd because wern't the VS supposed to have no bullet drop? , but here VS get the most, arguably because the magrider is more maneuverable? than the other MBTs, however when AP is equipt across all three tanks, all factions should stand the same chance of one shoting an ESF, and this should be fair across factions, right now it isn't.

Why is this important? Because who has air superiority has the upper hand. And good AA can help achive Air supriority for any given faction.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ronin Oni

I think I have more ESF kills in my Prowler than my Magrider...

the angle of elevation on Mag's is just terrible.

Sure, we can use slopes to get higher angles... HAVE to use slopes even for low hovering ESF's even... which severely restricts how often we can even take a shot and where from... and a prowler/vanguard can use those same slopes to fire at air targets even higher.

And as an ESF, Magriders are my favorite targets because it's really easy to see when they might be able to get an angle on you, where prowlers and Vanguards you have to stay in a much tighter angle above them, and are still vulnerable to their friends if there are any around.

Really, only Vanguards have it good when it comes to killing ESF's... though a max rank deployed prowler does pretty good (not as good as railgun APAP days though LOLOL)
  20. BadAsElite

Prowler is fine in terms of AA power, (lock down ganks libbs).
    You want the same alpha dmage as Vanguards and Magriders u need 2 **** and go play A another faction or B somthing else, k thx bye.