Help Me Decide Which Is Better For Planetside 2[PS2]

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RealBoss247, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Ki11uminati

What's better for Planetside2? Another game...because you can't even play PS2....
  2. RealBoss247

**** where do u come out of i can with some of those specs u noob dont even noe whast going on
  3. Dragam

People still telling others to buy amd CPU's for planetside 2... /facepalm
    • Up x 1
  4. Ki11uminati

I'm talking about the in game crashes and errors...hence get another game. Now put your ego away and act accordingly.
  5. RealBoss247

its updating*
  6. RealBoss247

so which out of those 5 links i want a bundle with wifi ready so i can connect wireless
  7. JGDK

I
    i would have loved to see Highby's face, first time he heard that the PS4 was comming with an AMD CPU. And it should be able to play PS2 at true nextgen console ultra graphics maintaining 60 frames at all time.. :D
  8. Smagjus

It is very likely that it will just run at a 30FPS cap and on relatively low settings. 60FPS would be a miracle.
  9. BlackDove

Is ps4 playing any game at higher than 1600x900 yet? ****box one is even worse at 1280x720 lol. Turn it down to console resolution and most POS AMD stuff can play it lol.

Oh yeah i forgot consoles are 30fps sometimes too. Good point.

This thread os a waste. There is no cheap AMD PC that will run this game worth a ****. Read my hardware guide and wait until you can buy something decent. Otherwise youre just wasting your money.
  10. Octiceps

Most PS4 games are 1080p native, some as low as 900p. Only XBone goes as low as 720p. Frame rates are whole another story though, but they're generally higher and more consistent on PS4 as well. I don't think any "next-gen" game averages 30 FPS or less, which has been the norm on PS3 and Xbox 360 since the last few years.
  11. BlackDove

Like the UE4 demo they just turn the detail way down too.
  12. Octiceps

I helped a friend build a $600 USD rig at the beginning of the year with an FX-6300 and R9 270 all stock and he rarely if ever drops below 45-50 FPS at High 1080p even on Connery which has the largest battles in the entire game. Much better than I can say for myself.

I've taken a magnifying glass to Killzone: Shadow Fall and inFamous: Second Son running on a nice TV and they look about as good as any current-gen DX11 PC game at 1080p high detail settings with way better-looking post-process AA than the blurry shimmery crap we typically get on PC (ahem this game). AC4 Black Flag is native 1080p as well with I'd venture medium-high settings minus PhysX but performance is way better than PC at the same settings due to us getting the usual awful Ubisoft port.

Really, I dare you or anyone else to actually try a PS4 before making uninformed fanboish comments. I'm a PC gamer through-and-through and haven't owned a console in well over a decade but the amount of ignorance and unfounded hate in the typical PC board is immature if not downright laughable. I'll never understand people who think mudslinging the opposition is a way to make yourself look better. It reminds me of those cringe-worthy anti-Apple/anti-Google ads Microsoft has been airing regularly in recent months.

Funny you should mention the "Elemental" UE4 tech demo, because IMO it looked a lot less impressive in all regards than the "Samaritan" DX11 UE3 demo that was shown a year before. Both paled in comparison to "Infiltrator."
  13. BlackDove

I actually think the PS4 is incredible for the price. Its irritating when people expect a game optimized for a specific piece of hardware to work consistently on PCs that arent even built and configured right half the time. Consoles are sold at a loss so the company can make a profit selling the games. Yet another reason theres no comparison to a PC or Steam Machine. All of the Xboxes have been trash in terms of console hardware. They are the worst consoles of all time and a total ripoff.

Why would anyone not find Apple and Microsoft despicable considering what theyve done recently? Google is a little bit more transparent about their invasions of privacy and shady business practices but theyre definitely a mixed bag. You left out Spybook. I think i hate that pos company the most.

What irritates me the most about the thread is that the OP just wants someone to agree with him about some junk PCrather than listening to good advice. Its pointless to try to help someone like that.
  14. JGDK

+1 ^ This threads title is, help me decide whats better for planetside 2. Not - i want pretty good and cheap gaming rig that play most games ok.

Dear thread owner, if you want somthing that runs PS2 smooth with nice frames. Then you go with an I5 either Ivy og haswell just as long its a K series. You get yourself a Noctua D14 or Corsair H80I/H100I cooler and make your baby run @ 4.2 - 4.5 Ghz, and watch the magic happend. By the way, Windows 8.1 with the cores unparked, gives much more stable and 15-25 higher frames. How do i know this? - i recently installed booth os on my two Sammy pro 256gb ssd's with all the same drivers, same clock speed. And there is no doubt, windows 8.1 outperforms windows 7 by miles already, even in PS2 who use DirectX 9. Those who cant make it run stable in windows 8.1, do not run PS2 in windows 7 compatibility modo. Find al the old directX versions on Microsofts homepage, and make sure to install them, even if Steam does that first time run thingy.

/JG - Miller TR:100 / VS:89 / NC:81
  15. RealBoss247

1.http://www.amazon.co.uk/VIBOX-Standard-Package-Multimedia-Battlefield/dp/B008LZJ89A/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1397825067&sr=8-24&keywords=gaming pc wifi bundle
    2.http://www.amazon.co.uk/VIBOX-Centre-Package-Battlefield-Operating/dp/B008LZF4AM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1397841190&sr=8-4&keywords=gaming pc bundle network
    3.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008LZFPME/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers
    4.http://www.amazon.co.uk/VIBOX-Visio...puters_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=1J49YG670E78G6H30MWT
    5.MatrixA10:http://www.meshcomputers.com/Defaul...ntent=HOME-DEALS&utm_campaign=homepage_panel2

i want one of those vibox bundles reason :need battlefield 4 and also planetside 2 whcih im going to download ofcourse and reason im reposting @TheAppl3 i need a full guide of which is better performance i what recommend u first tell me which is worse then make the guide ty @Theappl3 so much also @JGDK out of those^^

edit: i want also built in wireless wifi so i can connect wireless thats why aswell also ty
  16. RealBoss247

@Theappl3? @killzone64 @jgdx
  17. BlackDove

You keep posting links to trash computers instead of learning about them and you expect people to do a comprehensive analysis of why theyre trash? I wrote a guide in a thread that i linked to.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jerox

Here we go again.

The first one is a dual core cpu (you're gonna want a quad core) and a gpu that lacks in speed, so that's probably not going to do you any favors.

Second one is an apu meaning that the cpu has an integrated gpu. This probably doesn't stand a chance against any new first person shooter (as integrated gpu's are miles slower than standalone graphics cards).

Third link has an ok cpu I guess, but the graphics card is worse than the R7 240 from the first link, so yeah, that ain't gonna cut it.

Fourth has the same apu as the second one so again nope.

And the fifth is again an apu.. so yeah, I think you know what that means.

Seriously, please do some research on gaming pc's instead of asking us to pick a pc for you out of the seemingly random selection of bad pc's you keep posting. No offense, but this is probably not going to work.
    I think you'd be lucky if you would find a decent gaming pc that can run PS2 smooth at low or like half medium settings for the price you want it for.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jerox

I'd think the seller is trying to rip people off.. You'd assume that a seller knows at least that much about hardware to type it correctly.
  20. JGDK

Hi again.

This is what i would buy :

CPU : Intel I5 4670K
    Motherboard : Asus Z87 pro (Build in WIFI)
    CPU cooler : Noctua NH-D14 or Corsair H100I
    Power Supply : Corsair CX650/750
    Case : Corsair Carbide 330 or bigger.
    Ram : Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz 8 or 16 gigs.
    HDD : Samsung 256gb EVO ssd
    GPU : Geforce GTX 770 ( Its the same chip as the 680. And good bang for bugs.)

This isnt cheap, but its good quality.

If its to expensive, i would buy some cheaper ram, no ssd and maybe a GTX 760 OC instead.

Where i wouldn´t spare my money, is on the CPU, the cooler and Motherboard.

/JG

At the end its up to you, get hunting for you new rig. :)