Worst patch ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by teks, Apr 16, 2014.

1. salembeats

If they don't bail and make it to cover (they often do), or log out (immediately) / redeploy (after holding cover for 10 seconds) to preserve their precious KDR stats.

Very few of my AV Spear Turret vehicle kills, AP Prowler vehicle kills, and Flash-Fury vehicle kills have led to any infantry kills at all -- when I pull them specifically to eliminate vehicles, I only bother with the infantry who abandon these vehicles if they pose an immediate threat to me.
  2. teks

Yep, I'd agree its the opposite. Probably why AP is always spared the nerf stick. Ironically the first thing I ever auraxiumed was the AP python. Mostly from killing striker infantry.

Its ironic that ap is becoming one of the better AI options now, which is why everyone uses it if they can afford it. This actually hurts the game in a lot of ways because we need heat and HE to be AI so that people pull AP to kill them. If every vehicle runs with AP then their are no such roles defined. It may sound odd, but I hate the AI nerfs to viper, he, and heat because they make my AP lightning useless. The whole role I have is to kill HE, heat, and vipers. If they don't exist I have no purpose. AP lightnings can't compete against AV tanks like they used to. ITs pretty much killed my entire playstyle.

So far SOE has pretty much given every tank one option. AP cannon, and Halberd. Thats it. Those are the only 2 weapons really viable with a few exceptions like the PPA. Everything else is too niche to be worth pulling, especially when tanks can't switch loadouts.
    • Up x 2
  3. Stormsinger

It's patches like these that make me happy I have thousands of certs in everything. Something still works, somewhere... and I shall find it.
    In the beginning, many things were OP... explosion radius, tanks, air, ES abilities, virtually everything. As nerfs occured, people latched onto the decreasing pool of servicable tools. As more and more players were forced into using the same gear setups, more and more whine poured through the forums, drowning the community in a collective pool of ZOE, Vanguard Shield, Striker, and AV turret flavored tears. Nerf after nerf after nerf has slowly piled up, and now... the last dregs of power left in our nanites is fading slowly away.

Think of the nanites, SOE.
    Think of the nanites.
    • Up x 1
  4. teks

Oh god, I really thought my nanorep certs were safe at least. I just. where did that one come from right? They got a 100 sided die with various upgrades, rolled it, and it landed on 'nerf nanoweave'

I'm still not buying the danm halberd. I'll just farm infantry with the PPA till they nerf it. I'll farm so hard they will have to. Just because of me. I'll kill only low BR players, and I'll message them "Welcome to planetside" After that we can all pull halberds for the remainder of our time.
  5. dstock

The new meta is everything that was bad. I'm playing a Ranger Harasser with FS/Nanites, and TBH, I'm having a blast.

EDIT: I'm streaming ATM if anyone wants to watch.
    • Up x 1
  6. salembeats

AP lightnings do great against MBTs (except the ridiculous "anti-ambush" Vanguard) when teammates assist.

The other day, I was smacking Libs out of the sky with my AP Prowler, and doing a mighty fine job of it.
    I was just about to smack my fourth lib out of the sky as it was firing its shredder in my direction. I had the jump with a few rounds into it already, though, and was feeling good about my odds, and then WHAM! Suddenly a stealth AP lightning smashes me in the face while I'm zoomed in on the sky.
    I got some damage onto both of them, but as the lib gunner's aim settled, my tank blew up and they both left to repair and refill ammo.
    It turned out that the lib and the lightning were from the same outfit as one another, and the lightning driver was one of the lib pilots I knocked out.
    The high alpha damage from the AP rounds made the difference between eliminating both targets or losing my tank.

NS weapons, in general, tend to be the strongest options because they're the easiest to balance amongst all three factions. For example, very few people complain that the commissioner is the most viable sidearm option, because everyone with enough certs / SC can get it. The people who do complain about it are usually low-SPM or F2P-only players who have a hard time acquiring it, or people who prefer flavor over competitive balance.

The whole concept of an NS weapon is "versatility" (being at least decent at all situations), so of course, faction-specific weapons all feel "niche" by comparison.
  7. lNeBl

I'm pretty sure SoE spent more time on their witty patch note jokes than the actual balance changes.
    • Up x 1
  8. teks

AP lightnings can't OHK esfs, esfs now run fire suppression. Shooting them is suicide. Liberators have composite. AP lightnings have a significantly lower TTK against 1/2 ap MBTs because they generally require an extra shot to kill. Deployed prowlers will out dps an AP lightning from the rear, even if the lightning gets the first hit, I learned that the hard way. Vanguards are especially bad.

The AP lightning is still good, but its not taking on even 1/2 MBTs. I had made suggestions and pointed out the problems in my thread about the lightning. Very small changes. The biggest being a velocity buff which is long overdue.

My stealth lightning used to be able to kill ESFs, it used to be able to kill liberators in 3 shots. It used to be able to kill MBTs in 3 shots. It used to have the same velocity as a prowler.

Now, its still the best option, espesially with the viper nerf, but it does need a little love. So many changes have happened without a single change to the weapon. Indirect nerfs all. When SOE announced "We will be doing a balance pass on lightning main cannons" I was excited. How sad I was to see it only translated to "Hey, were nerfing the viper"

I spend most my time in the AP lightning or skyguard. They have both been victims of indirect nerfs. I did run viper heavy since the insanely stupid AV buff because I'd be stupid not to. I knew it would lead to bad things. I miss the old viper.
    • Up x 1
  9. teks

Raderx is pretty cool with the jokes. I'm happy hes back.
  10. Flag

Shame he's also the only one that's graced this sub-forum (that's what it looks like) in months.
    • Up x 2
  11. TriumphantJelly

Actually, Boobeb did... But to be honest we all just ignore him and say "Don't feed the animals"...
  12. CNR4806

This.

The neverending cycle of ridiuclous patches is why I have basically quitted.

First they moved away my Lightning radar (which leaves the utility slot next to useless), which made me quit Skyguarding because staring at the sky and the ground simultaneously is impossible. I was like "fine" and moved to the Viper for some infantry farming because I don't have anything better to do, and then this.

I'll just step back, grab some popcorn and watch SOE roll out even more dumb patches.
    • Up x 1
  13. Chubzdoomer

It's comical to me that people think tank shells SHOULDN'T one-shot infantry with direct hits. What is this, Battlefield Heroes?
  14. Linus

They reduced the gap between the level of the MBT abilities, so why not reducing the certs cost too?
    Because if now a rank 1 of Magburner, for example, is almost as effective as a rank 4, why should i spend so much more certs to improve it? (1700 more certs for only 15 less seconds).

Magrider Magburner
    • Increased regeneration rate of lower ranks.
    Seconds required to fully regenerate from 60/48/34/20 going down to 35/30/25/20.

In fine, we are still waiting for some real improvments of every MBT abilities!
    We do not need Snake oil to cure the problem :)
  15. Flag

A 1 second boost is still way off a temp. HP boost (shield) or a DAMAGE boost (anchor).
    I do wish they'd give it the same duration as the liberator one.

... At least I'd log in to try that one out, if nothing else.
  16. Cswic

With the increased amount of advertising for membership and cosmetics sales, you may not be far off haha.
  17. Cswic

Some say there are certain black magics to give permanent boost
  18. Tuco

For the children
  19. Flag

'Tis true. But I find the permanent boost is ... unwieldy!
  20. Cswic

Experiments have revealed that holding down S, while it will not decrease your speed, greatly helps with turning and control. Swapping to seat 2 will put you into a dormant state as well, until you swap back.

It's fun to cruise around with at least :p
    • Up x 1