In defense of the HA's Instant-Win shield

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by M4L4CH1TE, Apr 9, 2014.

1. GlueHead

Leave the shield alone!
    • Up x 1
  2. DevDevBooday

The charge up is jack all you know.

Like 0.5 seconds or something?
  3. Corvus Corax

TTK is like 1.5 seconds. .5 seconds is 1/3 of that. not exactly jack all.
  4. Hiding in VR

No no no.

Why can't people accept that different classes have different abilities? Infiltrators and LAs have abilities that help them flank their opponents. HAs have an ability that helps them survive being flanked. This is fine and balanced and fair. It is not an "I Win Button". Seriously the dev/mod that wrote that post should be given a slap. It comes with real down sides, like a movement penalty and a neon indicator.

Curiously the class I have least problems with HAs is my Engineer. Which I think is down to his easy to use gun. I use my Engineer for combat rather than just support and he has my highest class KDR and I am not a big vehicle user. My HA has the lowest :( So I am not looking forward to any HA nerf.
    • Up x 1
  5. fudili

I don't understand what you are trying to say.
  6. Paisty

I see you forgot to cert into AI mines.

Your welcome.
  7. BlueSeventy

Lol. And medics are somehow fair when you click G and somehow res a platoon that just wiped in the room up to four times- INSTANTLY? Or an engi, who has unlimited UBGL/Smoke Spam to complement his IRNV sight weapon and his very-hard-for-newbies to take down engi turret that has a good TTK? Or maybe the light assault that can fly up anywhere, anyplace, and spam recon darts and flash nades, as well as having the ability to engage/disengage vertically at any given time? Infils are still bad. OK. Maxes still act like temporary killstreak rewards with their little health and fast TTK. OK. Heavies... have LMGs with a worse TTK than most carbines by a significant amount... A shield that has disadvantages... NMG can only be used effectively on one target before needing to be recharged (unless the opponent is bad), and doesn't protect very well against headshots. Resist provides good reliability and headshot protection at the cost of not having as large of a health pool, requiring PRE-EMPTIVE shielding (nerf already here folks), and not protecting against knives. Adrenaline is an NMG for skilled infantry players. It's just a flat upgrade atm. Kill more = win more. This is already really balanced. If you watched the FCRW/DA match (the final tiebreaker TDM), Light Assaults had the most kills, not the heavies. Medics and Maxes killed more than heavies did in the post-game killfeed provided to us by his wonderfullness Ender of DA. I'm tired and my grammar went down the drain with my energy levels tonight, but bads need to learn not to be bad.
    • Up x 2
  8. M4L4CH1TE

Thank you! I couldn't agree more!
    • Up x 1
  9. Robertooooo

And how can the 4000 kills I've done as infiltrator be all bad players? Many of those kills are bound to be HA's, and it's almost impossible that all where bad players. If you aim for the head their shield go down fast enough, but I guess that's to hard for some players...
    It's fully possible to escape when a engagement go wrong. Not always of course, but most of the times.
    • Up x 1
  10. Peasnriz

I should have clarified in my post that a change to a ramp up time would only make a difference to the range(variable) at which the crutch becomes effective (because of damage fall off and the increased difficulty of aiming ~ ttk).

I do agree that the 'I-win shield' can be 'a crutch' however changing it to a delay mechanic does very little to solve this, because to lengthen the delay too long it just becomes clunky and unusable in a practical way, where as to actually change the HP bonus it bestows does change it equally no matter what range and type of engagement e.g. peek-a-boo behind boxes. If the developers believe that the overshield is OP then surely it is OP no matter what range.
  11. Captain Kid

What if we give the Heavy access to carbines and assault rifles?
    • Up x 1
  12. Captain Kid

Good advice. Next time a cloaker gets the drop on me (read de-cloaks in front of my face) instead of returning fire I will drop a mine.
    • Up x 1
  13. Paisty

Or ya know you can play like the HA class after this nerf, you can pre plan and drop a mine on you blind side.

Get it yet?
  14. Hiding in VR

How about we just keep the things the make the classes different.

I play HA, Sniper Inf, SMG Inf and Eng regularly. I would like them to retain a distinct flavour, thanks very much.
    • Up x 1
  15. RockPlanetSide2

There are always going to be kids that say foolish stuff like "I can kill HA's no matter what!"... and there are always going to be kids that say foolish stuff like "HAs are not OP!"

It does not matter... the correct decision has been made, in the best interests of the entire game. Deal with it.
  16. Corvus Corax

And then there are kiddies like you, getting your tushies handed to you by HAs because you've never L2P.
  17. RockPlanetSide2

If you seriously believe you perform the same versus HAs as you do any other class you are (no offense) crazy or a liar (mainly to yourself)... nothing else to really say about it... it's one of those two things. And you just fell into the second category I posted... probably because you don't like to read before you post (or you have trouble reading, I don't care which.)
  18. Corvus Corax

Doesn't look like reading comprehension is in your toolkit. HA's are supposed to win one on one battles against other infantry. Whiners like you (who like to pretend that magically, you've grown 10 years in age and are somehow older than everyone else, a typical Youtube commenter's tactic) made this change happen, because you want to win every battle.
  19. RockPlanetSide2

Actually somebody at SOE is obviously tired of your limited mentality of "HAs should always win"... hence the change... that you obviously don't comprehend... I guess? Whining and commenting is not why the change happened. Just to educate you so you don't sound like an ignorant hillbilly anymore, it came about 100% of organized team play, and the obvious conclusion that any simpleton can make... HA's were clearly OP.

I can see you are frustrated because you are actually going to have to L2P now and use more than 2 fingers... I'm sorry that life has not always gone the way you wanted it to. You had over a year of happy-fun time, now it's skill time... better put on your gamer's cap and take off your ***-hat, not sure what else to tell you.
    • Up x 1
  20. Hiding in VR

Pure BS!

Got any evidence to back that up? Of course not. Shame we don't have overall class performance figures. However we do have weapon performance figures. Top infantry weapons according to DA?

Claymore
    Proximity Mine
    Bouncing Betty
    SR-7 Sniper rifle
    V10 Sniper rifle
    LA80 Sniper rifle
    RAMS .50M Sniper rifle
    Parallax VX3 Sniper rifle

... the list goes on, but I am sure you are getting the idea. The first LMG comes in at 30. Gosh ... HAs sure are OP :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2