Feedback Request: Load Screens

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Apr 9, 2014.

1. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

We've done some changes to load screen timing to prevent some of the loading issues that are commonly seen. We are looking for feedback on whether you still see issues where you are stuck under the world when the loading screen comes up or if you still see objects loading in. We'd also like to know if your load times feel significantly longer.

Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  2. thatnanoguy

I would love too, but unfortunately it still crashes to desktop as soon as I hit the login button.
    • Up x 16
  3. nintendo64man

A lot of the time I'm loading or spawning in to the game and I'm stuck in the floor for any were from 3 to 20 seconds but I haven't had objects load in be for I spawn in
  4. SneakyAsian

For some reason when I click play on the test server, it says Planetside2_exe 64 application error, so I can't go inside the test server. :(
    • Up x 1
  5. mikenzb

Starts PTS Launcher... Game updates and starts... gets to character selection..... logs into TR... Crashes to desktop
  6. WyrdHarper

Since people haven't been able to login to the PTS for a few days, it's pretty hard to test this out :p
    • Up x 1
  7. Admiralty

Still crashing on login.
  8. IamnotAmazing

still crashing on log in, perhaps these loading screens are causing it?
  9. user101

Well first time is flipped back to a reduced box in the windows bar. Then it CTD at 18% , then it took me to Indar, I have my video setting set to low across the board and saw a dev at the indar warpgate.. Then i changed my video setting to medium and logged out and the thing then crashed at login several times in a row and keep re cycling.

If you want to get on I suggest you set your video to low... all of them. Then it may work.
  10. Klondor

I would LOVE to give feedback... If i could stop crashing to desktop every time i try to log into the PTS. *Exasperated Sigh*
  11. user101

I tried again and reset everything to low video and it took me about 5 or 6 tries and then it let me in. don't give up once your in things seem to work fine. Don't use the video record it will crash ps2.
    • Up x 1
  12. shadowwolf0093

For some reason it wont let me download the patch ! Anyone else having this problem ?
  13. user101

As far as the load screens there is little difference for me. Old days thing appeared before I got out of the tube most of the time. New update things appeared as I got there. Time is about the same.
  14. o.Solei.o

I tried resetting to low settings and after 11 tries, still no luck.

Are there actually people that are successfully logging in?
  15. ViggoRolig

same thing tried low setting multiple times and jack squat still CTD
  16. user101

I was the only one besides a DEV at the warpgate. There are others you can see in the populations maps. I just messed around Indar warpgate because the DEV boss is there. Hay I am just a standard player just like everyone else I do have a pine tree by my name though. Not an official tester...
  17. Degenatron

Crashing on character login also.

Running x64 version w/ 8gb Ram.
  18. ScrapyardBob

(downloads the PTS client) I want to join the crashing party!
    • Up x 1
  19. RGEN

To fix the crashing on login you may have to do a complete uninstall, then reinstall. Thats what finally worked for me.
  20. ScrapyardBob

Get to character select, pick a character, crash.
    Validate game assets, no errors.
    Get to character select, pick a character, crash.

Hopefully this is not a preview of Thursday's update.