[Upcoming Patch] Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mianera, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Mianera

Okay, so I peeked in to the upcoming patch notes and I believe that patch should be up for discussing. Let me know what you guys think.

That's cool, but I don't see the point. Do you get a movement speed bonus like in Counter-Strike for running with your knife out? And if you do, is that really something we want to implement into the game?

Then we can have people post their montages of how quickly they can switch between several weapons for no particular reason other than to look cool >_>

Does this mean a Lightning or ESF can take on a sunderer now? Or is it still suicide if the sundy has gunners?

That's pretty awesome, I can't wait to check out how effective that is, but since the Ranger is getting a buff I don't see why I would use it. Grenade launcher for infantry/armor and ranger for air is my current setup. Works like a charm.

Also, does this mean that flashes will get to do some crazy upwards shooting?

That's nice, I don't ever think I've seen this weapon in action other than in the VR. Don't really see the point of the ESF stuff since why the heck would you ever use it as AA? And what ESF would even get that close?

When weight up against the other Empire specifics I think this is a nice touch but I can already see a lot of VS raging over this nerf.

Uuuuh, no? Btw, with that nerf, doesn't that Halberd become like 100% better? The ammo cap and reload nerf... I'm pretty sure that gives the Halberd higher dps, but I could be mistaken here.

Much needed, I'm not a fan of another faction being buffed but both the Prowler and the Harasser for the TR had a major identity issue with that weapon and it only being effective in super close range.

THANK YOU! Could do with a even bigger buff if you ask me, since ESF's will still be able to get away and Gunships will still obliterate you regardless. And those Gunships are frikken everywhere nowadays.

LOVE IT! This should make the typical Lightning spam even less effective. Maybe people will actually pull a Sunderer or something more useful this time in large fights after losing or capping a base.

Again, not a fan of TR getting buffed but this nerf is really not needed. The prowler breaks so easily as it is right now, I don't see why it should be punished. Take it from someone who drives a Vanguard.

Okay, I am excited like hell about this. I was just about to get the Lynx, going to wait now. But the new guns? Sound awesome! I hope they get some unique looking skins, especially the TR weapons. (Since every TR gun pretty much looks the same)

But what classes will they be for?

Add this please:

- Removed/Added the heavy fog that sometimes occurs at random
    - Increased spawn room and gate shields to render at maximum render distance so that shooting from a distance can no longer be exploited
    - Fixed the Vandal reload animation and textures so it doesn't look like a rubber gun being stretched
    - Fixed the Restricted Area bug where players would continue to lose health and die even when not being in a restricted zone
    - Capture points VO is now optional and can be disabled/enabled under Audio Settings
    - Fixed client crashes (for real this time)

:)
  2. Tommyp2006

Well to answer your question about the new weapons, they're carbines, so LA and Engineer.
    • Up x 2
  3. Scr1nRusher

That random fog should be added as a feature.

clearly the engine can do weather.... so why is it being stopped!

battles etc would be so intense.
    • Up x 3
  4. Paperlamp

Best new Carbine is by far the Zenith, it's very accurate with both advanced laser and adv forward grip though why you'd pick laser IDK. The TTK is in a good place for how accurate it is, and it just feels nice. I feel like it's a better implementation of a TRAC-5, and I am super jealous of VS now.

The Cougar is just not what what was promised. It doesn't fill any missing role for TR's carbines it's simply another competitor with the Lynx, Jaguar, TRAC-5 for close range engagements. Highly disappointing.

Luckily the new Lynx seems good. But again it's too much like our existing weapons. It didn't get closer to Serpent/GD-7F as a CQC power-house of raw damage, it got further away, more towards the role the TRAC-5, Jaguar, and now Cougar compete at.

Bandit, I didn't like it. It's like a Mercenary kitted out for close range, but it just doesn't feel like they balanced it well - the Merc's RoF/dmg model don't suit a close range gun. Soft Point and .75 ADS are nice though, not sure if losing 50 velocity is worth that or not. All in all too similar to their existing weapons. Really they should've gotten a gun like the Cougar instead, perhaps balance the .75 ADS into a Cougar even.

Viper change is... well it's not surprising since it was an absurd infantry farming weapon. But it doesn't seem like it'll be good for anything now. I'm not sure whether or not the lightning will even be worth pulling w/out it.

Hard to tell about the Prowler nerfs since splash is broken in VR.

Kobalt change sounds interesting, I've considering putting one on my prowler just to have an extra weapon to farm infantry with.

Basilisk nerf surprises me, never seemed that great to me.
  5. Killuminati C

You sir, are not alone in your feeling about the capture point VO. That feature is really getting on my nerves.

And I also disagree with the nerfs to the Basilisk, Saron, and Prowler. I don't like the idea of Sundies getting nerfed since so few people are willing to pull them (though I'm biased as my loadouts always include a basilisk for dual AV and anti C4 defense).

The secondary gun on a Magrider should make up for their abysmal main cannon velocity (or buff it's main guns velocity as well).

At least the Prowler nerf won't change it's vehicle versus vehicle dmg and maybe the vulcan buff will entice some TR 2/2 mbt's again.
  6. Shinniok

Why nerfing the Viper? /: WHYYYY???? ):):):):
  7. Paperlamp

Nope. Prowler is for sit away from the scary vehicles and shoot the squishy infantry. It cannot brawl with a 2/2 decent vanguard or magrider, it is fragile with the easiest hit box to shoot without any real mobility to make up for that. Both vanguard and magrider get ES tank abilities that can be used on the move and the prowler's locks it into place which is great for shelling from a distance but terrible when you have to deal with another tank within a range/environment the tanks can't just duck back and repair indefinitely from.

Not to mention the vulcan has absolutely no synergy with lockdown. Even with a CoF buff it's not going to be as effective as a halberd for how a prowler can play effectively. It is not a "get close" tank. It might beat some magriders in a straight up rush just via raw damage but against vanguards that is straight up suicide.

It will be a buff to TR harassers maybe.
  8. Killuminati C

I've never been a fan of vehicles farming infantry as I find myself playing infantry far more than piloting vehicles. I have had some pretty fun and unique fights in tank v tank fights as TR. Yeah they will get destroyed 1v1 but as a team with concentrated fire they can be a blast.

And you're probably right with the vulcan. It won't pull in any random gunners unless they see something in the layout of a fight that most people would be oblivious to. I know if I'm lone wolfing and I see a Prowler where it has a good chance of getting flanked (from around a rockface say), I might think twice about passing it by in favor of catching that opportunistic lightning or 1/2 vanguard that will try to catch it off guard from behind. But will that be too much of a niche weapon? I don't know I'll have to try it out in game.
  9. Modern Ancestor

What in the world o hurt is this???? Basilisk nerf????? The only reason for this that i can think of is putting pressure on players to get station cash and buy somekinda gun on their vehicles instead of 22.light caliber tracer guide peashooter.

Well fellas continue to cert up the liberating infantry farm wagon. Your reign is continuing stronger than ever.
    • Up x 1
  10. Fangry

Saron is AV, much like Vulcan, so it should have no splash at all
  11. Mianera

Oh darn, and here I was hoping that perhaps medics or infils would be able to use them as well :/ Meh.

AGREED! Although a bug, I find it frikken awesome and immersive!

Well, I for one agree with the nerf. Veteran players started using basilisk because it is a all around good gun. With two gunners, a sundy can stand against any aircraft or vehicle for that matter while the driver repairs.

So it's not so much about getting SC, it is about actually investing in the guns for your vehicle as well, just like with anything else.
  12. Vivicector

MBT ES abilities: nothing really changed, those awful mechanics are still there. Still the godshield, still not-very-useful-in-combat 1 second speed boost.

Saron nerf: awful. More splash and less damage is a stupid mechanics.

ES HA weapons: TR and VS are still terribad.

HA shields: no changes.

Actually, nothing I really wanted to be fixed has changed. I hope there will be more.
  13. p10k56

Viper seems getting back as it was bravo!!!!

Cobalt every buff counts.. my AV prowler + cobalt becomes 1 man battle bunker.
    But some noob course will be helpful to teach every new player that kobalt do not damage armored tatrgets:mad:
    I love when my gunner on my Prowler ruins sneaky approach to enemy mbt by firing at it:(
  14. PlatoonLeaderG

Wow so crap balance patch,do the developers play the game?
    • Up x 2
  15. MarkAntony

get on test and see the rapid succession in which you can attack with the knife if you have it out. Then you'll realize how powerful it'll be. I'd even bet on it getting nerfed when people notice how fast they're dying.
  16. Aesir

Almost all the Tank related changes are bad ...

C85 buff, bad because Kobalt, the better version also get's a buff and the C85 still lacks range/sustain to be ever considered over a Kobalt, nobody will gun your Tank if you use that weapon.

Ranger buff, the ammo buff was needed because of the RoF buffs, but the weapon is still weaker than a dual Burster or Skyguard, you better have that one person in something like that, instead of gunning a Ranger or Walker for that matter. Other than Sundy's there is no point to these AA weapons.

The Viper nerf is uncalled for and wrecks the entire gun. Either a push into AV or AI was needed. Yes the current AI aspect is to easy to use, rather "nerf" that instead of making the gun entirely useless. Also, nobody asked for the AV buff you gave it a few months ago ... most people already saw it as an AI gun, after HE has been nerfed.

The Saron and Enforcer changes pretty much make the Halberd again the best AV weapon, let's forget the Vulcan, SOE has no idea why nobody uses it. If they want to nerf the Enforcer, atleast give it the option cert back to 10 rounds. For the Saron, why the hell are you increasing splash radius, but nerfing two hit kill? It makes no sense! Well, Halberd it is for every Tank now anyway ...

Don't even get me started on the Prowler Nerf ... because splash as a source of kills is long gone, those adjustments change nothing, because you are better of with AP anyway ... on all Tanks!

The 2 seconds reduction on the Vanguard Shield duration change NOTHING. It does not address the issues people have with it, namely it's pretty much impossible to counter the shield and once active all you can do is run from the Tank. Many NC Tankers use it is a crutch that is not needed and I say that as a NC Tanker ... the Vanguard underperforms because it sucks at farming Infantry, which shouldn't be a role to begin with ...

The only changes I'm ok with is the Basilisk one, though it still does not change the issue that you buffed it's RoF with PU02, without adjusting it's ammo pool. Cert-progression adjustments to make ES abilities on Tanks better at Rank 1, though the biggest impact outside of abilities is actually Reload upgrades on the main guns and the Halberd.

Not to mention, Tanks have no role or purpose in the game other than vulture over what Infantry or Air leaves them behind in form of oblivious Infantry to farm ... the few dedicated "Tankers" will go hunt Sundy's and with Medics, Gal Spawning, Squad Spawning, Beacon Spawning and all that good stuff ... the meaning of getting a Sundy is vastly diminished ... Tank Zergs often hinder your empire more than they actually do good ...

All the changes on the Vehicle side, including the NAR nerf to 12 seconds across all platforms ... it's just bad, like SOE has no idea about Tanks and the best way they see is to universally keep nerfing them, nonstop. Tanks only received two buffs in the entire history of PS2 ...
    • Up x 1
  17. Bankrotas

What I'm actually sad, that it's only 1 gun per faction atm. Didn't Higby say, they will try to fill all roles in all weapons? (not a direct quote)
  18. Ttariel

I really dislike the new carbines.
    The TR wanted a medium-long carbine, but get a hard hitting cqc weapon.
    The NC might get the best deal, because they simply geta slightly changed Carbine they already have.
    The VS get a weapon that fills a role nobody really was looking at, i would gladly give it up for the stats of the new TR gun.
    • Up x 1
  19. QueenVanuCeres

As Mianera says:
    - Capture points VO is now optional and can be disabled/enabled under Audio Settings

and
    - Disabled/enabled mission system!
    :D
  20. ZeroErrorz

the answer is yes but in statisticside and problaly infantrywhineside perspective
    as for vehicleside is go op or go broken type of balance.
    • Up x 2