Favorite weapon as Infiltrator

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ShotgunGuru, Mar 31, 2014.

1. ShotgunGuru

What is your favorite weapon to use as the Infiltrator? Mine are the auto scouts since they are decent at both medium range and CQC(my play style) and are very satisfying to get kills with.
  2. Rift23

BASR, all infiltrators ever need. Kills at long range, and when paired with a knife, kills at close range too.
  3. salembeats

Armistice. But I need to have a full pot of coffee in me to do it properly. My last couple of days with a dry coffee pot demonstrated that very nicely.
  4. miraculousmouse

Cyclone.. running this thing raw and its a hipfire monster, it melts through heavy overshields and it felt satisfying playing as the most annoying class to a heavy (which i usually play)

The vandal is also awesome, synergizes well with my battle rifle heavy skillset.
  5. miraculousmouse

Since december you have gotten all of those achievements? ****...
  6. ShotgunGuru

What type of coffee, not that Starbucks crap I hope(I drink tea while playing BTW)
  7. CrimsonPath1

8. CuteBeaver

[IMG] + [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  9. K2k4

Commissioner. Despite the fact that it is available for all classes, this beastly NS weapon has served as my primary when I get too damn close with my BASR or an interesting yet foolish choice for if I feel like strapping on my stalker cloak. I will say though it hasn't felt as good since PU02 Higbyed with the animation.
    • Up x 1
  10. Hoki

SR-7
    • Up x 1
  11. SnipersUnion

Have to say since the update, the Impetus/Phantom/KSR35 have become my favorite. Hugely under rated.

Consider the iron sight bolt action does damage of 750 per shot. The semi auto iron sight has the potential to do 400 damage with every shot, and has ten shots to a magazine with a pretty competitive fire rate, and no need to unscope and re-chamber. Also has a lightning quick reload. The weapons were always viable, but scope sway and massive recoil made them clumsy and awkward to use, this was fixed in the update. Hip fire is not as good as the scouts but it continues to do 335 damage at longer ranges, and is essentially still a sniper rifle, which IMO makes it much more versatile at all ranges. It struggles a bit with hitting moving targets and I wouldn't go with a silencer, but the playstyle should keep you on the move anyway to make up for that. The only real drawback is the slow ADS in comparison to the Vandal or Semi auto scouts, but when you consider the power of the weapon that is only fair to balance the gun.

Couple of tips - Double tap headshots, learn the recoil and let the sights settle. In closer engagements use the recoil and spam fire at the chest to end with a headshot. Move around the edge of a battle and keep distance from your opponent. This weapon can down almost anything in 4 body shots, and can finish wounded enemies in one or two. Keep on the move to make up for the lack of silencer and don't engage unnecessary targets running horizontally on your screen. 3x scopes will get the best out of the gun, but that's preference at the end of the day.

Plus they unlock at only 500 certs, you can't ask for much more than that! ;)
  12. andy_m

I guess I'm not an infiltrator really, simply a sniper, so my favourite weapon has been the Longshot.
  13. Weirdkitten

Rebel. Killing shotgunners with a pistol and knife combo is satisfying.
    • Up x 1
  14. cyb_

KSR-35
  15. salembeats

Strong coffee. The kind that'll ruin your whole day for a couple of hours of adrenaline.
  16. salembeats

I had a new outfit member select the KSR-35 for his SASR prerequisite to reach T3 membership. He liked it. If you have cool sniper nerves and always use it at a safe distance, it's like a stronger HSR.

It's interesting to see all these people claiming they like it so much now, as Dasanfall's leaderboard lists very few people who have even Aurax'd it.
  17. Ravenorth

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. cruczi

Any BASR, doesn't matter which.
  19. Mustarde

+1
  20. ShinBreaker

SAS-R + Desperado(with silencer)