Scheduled Server Maintenance March 21st

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 20, 2014.

1. jast8421

Hmm, now it works... strange :D

Yeah, characters of course ;)
    • Up x 1
  2. Asrap

Is it just me or players teleport with this new patch? Yesterday I played smoothly and today, with the new patch, I don't even know if players (and vehicles) are in the place I'm aiming or not because one second they are there and one second later 50 metres away (in the middle of a wall or the floor for example, even flying)
  3. MonkPakMei

fair enough on the scrapper the blue wedge is ish okay blue[i have side armour, so it helps blend out the gigantic blue block of the composite armour] but what about the front and rear metal parts? they too metal, needs camo blend
  4. Prehistoricman

Yeah... 'wasn't quite right' doesn't really cover it. The water was speedhacking around the map! It was like the lightspeed you see in sci-fi films.
  5. Prehistoricman

(Yay triple post)

I think in VR, there should be a damage option. If the damager and the damage both have damage enabled in VR, they should do damage. Otherwise, it shouldn't happen. This means that any knob heads in VR won't mow everybody down and anybody who wants to fight can. This solves the issue of no AI targets in VR and makes everybody happy :D

I should work for SOE as 'Technical Motivator'.
  6. ZenzotuskeN

Tempoary, I reckon just leave it that way, if the code never sets a player invincible the bug shouldn't occur ever. maybe should just make the TK punishment better system better, for example; anyone that tk's in the warpgate receive double or triple grief points so they are weapons locked much faster then in any other zone.

however that above suggestion wouldn't work for VR, even though it could be a good training feature for VR, being able to dogfight friends and having duels or squad vs squad training sessions, it could also be griefed there i guess but there is /report

Another Idea which i'm not fully for or against would be to Turn Friendly Fire Off - seriously this would fix a lot of issues
  7. Goretzu

I'm unsure if I'm suffering the first signs of dementia and what I think is today is actually yesterday.

Or whether I've been involved in some sort of time-travel incident. :confused:
  8. capcomfin

After this update i been crashing more often than before. (5-10 times in couple hours)
  9. equinub

There's a player in ESAMIR briggs server gunning everyone down on spawn during the current alert...

So very lucky changed spawn in system away from defaulting to WG's.

Otherwise be total chaos.

Yeah enabling damage in warpgate isn't going to work.

Nice fix SoE..
  10. WyrdHarper

We just decided to give this weekend to the griefers then, huh? Okay then.
    • Up x 1
  11. Prikbord

The only thing that soe has never broken after a patch is the option to buy station cash, wich also seems to be the only thing they still care about.
  12. equinub

SoE has broken station cash features many many times, difference from ordinary bugs is that it hurts there revenue and fix very quickly atleast to functional state.
  13. Annoxes

Since the update on 3/18, i cant even play the game. I can log into any of my 3 characters. When the game loads i get to the map screen. I can see troop movement and deployed sunderers and all that in real time. I can stay at that map screen for as long as i want (i think...only tried for a couple minutes). As soon as i spawn in at a sunderer or a facility, i have 10 seconds or less before the game just crashes to desktop. Specifically, the video freezes and the audio cuts out and then comes back in. A moment later, it all just shuts down and i am back at my desktop. Must have been at least 30 times i have tried to play since the 18th...same thing. Every. Single. Time. >:-(

Also, i have tried to look for solutions. Doesnt seem like many people are having this issue. Didnt see any threads on the matter. Saw something on another forum that didnt help.

Link: http://www.overclock.net/t/1387395/planetside-does-your-game-keep-crashing-heres-a-quick-fix

I have started a support ticket, but it seems they are busy with the update. Figured id post here as well. Been needing my PS2 fix. Help..pls....pls..
  14. ScrapyardBob

Well, with the changes to spawn mechanics where you can now spawn directly into a squad-owned Galaxy, your platoon galaxies should never be on the ground at the warp gate for more then 15 seconds. Train your squads to either be waiting on the tarmac for the galaxy to land, load and go. Or train your squads to deploy straight to the galaxy. That eliminates risks to your galaxies.

Plus there's the change that you no longer spawn directly into the warp gate when you login. Less people hanging around idle to grief.

And friendly fire rules still apply in the warp gate.

There's still the problem of everyone waiting around at the world terminal to change continents when there is a queue, but smart players will queue up, then move elsewhere.
  15. ScrapyardBob

Why are your galaxies sitting still on the ground for more then 15 seconds? The only people that have an excuse to not deploy directly to the squad galaxy are the MAX units, and they should be standing on the tarmac ready for pickup while the galaxy is being pulled.

Everyone else should be deploying straight to their squad galaxy.
  16. ThunderSock

[IMG]
  17. Grayson

Yup, because if you're running a public platoon than it's that simple,(just for example dear 1337 360nospandex one).
  18. GotCerts

The class quizzes still isn't working for me :/
  19. bwsjuggalo

its called desync. welcome to planetside kid. make sure you arent torrenting or other uploading/downloading fun while playing. and no theres no fix so deal with it.
  20. NinjaTurtle

That would promote people to spam explosives more than hey already do and we certainly don't need more of that