So they nerfed assist XP in vehicles pretty hard.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lothbrook, Mar 13, 2014.

1. lothbrook

Its a nice idea that everyone gets experience except now the one with the assist gets like 40 experience for it instead of a few hundred they used to get, and its no longer beneficial to let your gunner get the kill.
    • Up x 4
  2. NDroid

It's not only in vehicles but yes, it's a pretty unnecessary change and right after they finally introduced vehicle XP sharing.
    Hopefully such a drastic reduction was unintentional and will be reverted soon.
    • Up x 5
  3. Schwak

So gunner kill xp is trash now?
  4. Slandebande

Yeah we were also pretty disappointed when we found out how much it had been reduced. I really hope it is not intentional, since I fear a lot of people will simply switch to infantry farming even more :(
  5. Frozen-K

And no one likes farming unaware meatbags.
    • Up x 1
  6. Slandebande

Indeed, I haven't played with the intent of maximizing my score/hour since I was a very low BR, as I always valued having fun over effectiveness measured purely in score/hour, so I won't be altering my play-style much. It is frustrating while gearing out alts though :(

The effect I'm afraid of will be even more hostility from infantry towards vehicles (if more than the current state is possible ;) )and subsequent nerf cries.
  7. AssaultPig

the reason they reduced it is presumably that gunners and drivers are sharing kill exp now. So when the pilot kills something the gunner gets a killshare bonus on top of whatever assist exp they got with their own gun.

It kinda sucks for everybody not in the vehicle that got the kill though. It's especially weird because long ago they buffed vehicle assist exp after concluding that assisters weren't being rewarded enough compared to whoever happened to luck into the kill.
  8. Alabammer

I havent played since the patch hit because Ive heard horror stories, but if this is true I hope it gets reversed so that everyone gets more xp. I gun with a dedicated harasser driver and I feel bad that he misses out on alot of XP, and if people are getting screwed by low assist XP then this game will have even more last shot snipers in it. I dont get why they didnt leave it alone, I mean, just because my driver is gonna make some assist xp off me doesnt mean hes gonna be racking in thousands of certs per hour off it, he'd be making his share of our conquests or failures....
  9. lothbrook

Gunner kill xp is the same, the assist is trash, say you hit a vehicle with your main gun of a tank and your gunner kills him, before you get a couple hundred for the assist on top of the vehicle kill and 100 or so for each guy in the vehicle when it blew up, now you get almost nothing for the assist the rest is the same, but if both of you get assists on the vehicle both of you get almost nothing instead of a few hundred for the assist like before.

The gunner really gets shafted if the driver takes the kill as they don't get bonus xp for the things you kill, so in a tank fight where the main gun finishes the tank, the gunner with get like 80 xp for an assist, and another 40 for person in the vehicle killing something. lol.
  10. Vahalu

Yea they really shouldn't have nerfed the xp this bad
  11. Vivicector

XP levels must be brought to the previous levels, and XP share should be added to it. C'on, 100 XP for tank kill assist is not even funny.
    • Up x 3
  12. Konfuzfanten

The new XP shaing is ridiculous, there is now zero reason not to kill steal, since you get next to nothing for assisting.

For infantry combat, no problem, but for vehicle combat its just down right bad.

In the old days you would let your gunner get the kill since:
    a) you could/would get critical assist
    b) get gunner kill bonus
    Which gave you a happy gunner and more XP/certs.

Now? you need to get that kill or you wont get anywhere near the same XP and you will properly have an unhappy gunner.

Thx SOE.
  13. Mostadio

It's pretty disheartening to rail a lib with two mags of skyguard only to have some ESF come in and snake the kill. Instead of a hefty sum of xp for taking a lib from 100% to flaming, I get... 80 xp? Really?
    • Up x 2
  14. Vivicector

I just want to add my +1 to the OP. XP share is ridiculous now!
  15. Halkesh

The problem, is it split the xp, it don't share it.
    Before, the assist xp was ~1/3 and critical asssit 2/3.
    Now it's the same value but this number is split with X people.

What I means is If 11 guys destroy a sunderer (600 kill xp, 200 assist xp). One will have 600 xp, 10 other will get 20 xp (200xp / 10 people)

I agree with guy before me : assist xp need to be change to a decent values.
  16. Gleerok

This is not true.

Assist has been nerfed overall. I unloaded my LMG almost twice on a ESF that was close enough (I had run out of rockets) and I got 40xp. What, the, hell ? Before the changes I would get at least 200 for taking out almost, probably, 25% of that ESFs life.
  17. Halkesh

Probably somebody have hit the ESF too ? But anyway, yes, assist-xp should be changed to a decent value.
  18. lothbrook

There really is no way to do the current system, i have no idea how they could think sharing experience between all the people that hit a vehicle was a good idea, they could triple the amount of assist XP but then that gives tons of xp to an assist done in a 1v1 vehicle fight, lol. They have to go back to the old system cause the new one like a lot of things in this patch is just terrible, and theres no way it can be made right without being completely broken in other ways.
  19. Rubicon

I pulled my AV Max, and got 130xp for doing all the damage, except the last shot (AV infantry got that), on a lightning.... I can only assume this is a bug ... that or it's horrible by design. Either way it's frustrating, and encourages the wrong behavior. Instead of just playing the game, I'm encouraged to think about timing my shots so can get the kill(xp). Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    • Up x 2
  20. Easir

I am very surprised that they majorly nerfed assist xp...
    It ruins vehicle all gameplay because HA's, classes with only 1 brick of C4, Flyboys, AND vehicles are not always able to completely kill the target. We should be rewarded for our efforts, just like the previous assist xp system.
    In addition to this, add the xp share. EVERYONE in the vehicle gets good kill xp AND good assist xp.