Server Maintenance March 14th 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. d_carey Developer

We realized characters were getting into a broken state. When that type of damage is occurring, we may need to bring down servers without much/any warning. For what it's worth, Higby and others were on trying to broadcast but the servers dropped before most folks saw it. We understand how annoying dropping without warning is, and we avoid it at all costs.
    • Up x 4
  2. Doriena

I don't know why people argue about the map in the death screen.
    It just displays the same approx direction (if the killer wasn't marked before) like the hud does when you get hit.
    Ok ok... you now have more time to think about your death which gives you the ability to think about countermeasure.
  3. Fubbles

Did you guys stop giving an ETA for patches/maint. since I have been gone?
    • Up x 1
  4. Salojin

Could we just have maintenance days like WoW? That way all of this stuff gets fixed in larger chunks with pre-established times?

Or are you guys hourly? Because I feel like we're getting ComCasted right now and you guys are rubbing your nipples to our anguish...

http://mrwgifs.com/south-park-comcast-character-nipple-rub/
  5. d_carey Developer

We're working on stopping new alerts (not freezing, but rather not kicking off new ones) for planned updates, so this shouldn't happen as often.
    • Up x 6
  6. RogueElement

Revert the assist XP! I actually reported that as a bug yesterday because it didn't even cross my mind that you guys would have made a ridiculous change like that.
  7. focart

Can we get refunds of certs or SC? Deathscreen made totally useless maxed ammunition belt and sniper rifles.
    Certs points is equivalent of our game time in planetside. And we are loosing this game time and our progress with such updates.
    It`s not mistake of players when we spend certs points on upgrades or play style which sony decide to nerf after without any reason.
    • Up x 4
  8. SuecoViacho

Hey somebody who responds to us... u make your job good carey, but actually... shouldnt be it radar doing this sort of stuff and not a developer??? other question: am i the only one whose game wont load the get sc screen since the update?
  9. Ghostvind

Can we have a small sexy square in General Settings with "Toggle Death Screen" tooltip next to it, please? :)

And yeah, while I never mind free XP, it kinda bothers me while during the big fights I see Sunderers 12/12 doing nothing in the middle of the fight...
  10. Undyingghost89

There is no way fixing this game, it's so bugged that no patch can fix this crap.
    Maintence/patchs/updates every day and we still cant' play it normaly, so sad.
  11. EtharionTurambar

ETA?? Anyone?

If its a small update why the hell didn't you put a estimated time?
  12. varangian

Was the server crash bug the cause of the weird experience I had last night or did I find another one? Twice the game basically froze around me and all sound other than that I generated stopped. All the guys on my (NC) side just froze in place - they did a little reaction animation when I shot them but lost no health. I could move around fine, so going out into the open I could see opposition forces also frozen in place, sadly they weren't AFK either and started vanishing after a bit. After about a minute each time suddenly the game figuratively pressed the unpause button and everything sprang into life, the minimap went beserk as it fast forwarded through all the movement data that presumably had been buffered somewhere. My internet connection stayed up during all this, it was quite different from what happens when you lost contact, everything just stayed in place instead of floating up into the air. Very odd but also quite funny.
  13. Posse

Yay!
  14. Akashar

At least!! :rolleyes:
  15. Ximaster

How long the update?
    • Up x 1
  16. AKAFogle

Fix the exp for assists please, when my gunners get vehicle assists its only 25 (this could be intentional but kind of sucks and is pretty negligible, although better than nothing). What is broken is when I get a vehicle assist for my own shooting I get the 25 which is a fraction of what that assist was before the patch.

If these numbers are what they are supposed to be ill be driving vehicles less often as the exp you get from them has been nerfed pretty hard and this game even more heavily favors infantry combat over vehicles now.
  17. mersk

The new death screen is crappy. The statistics part are all ok, I don't think many people have a problem with that. It's the map indicator that sucks.

To the guy who asked "don't you want a challenge?", well, that's EXACTLY what we want. In other words, we DON'T want to know where the guy who killed us was shooting from. We DON'T want to be shown in what direction the kill came from. If we can't figure it out for ourselves, we deserve to die again and again.

Personally I hardly ever play infiltrator (check my stats if you don't believe me) but I still want the players who DO play infiltrator to be able to find a good spot and kill me 5 times in a row. The way it is now is way too noob-friendly. I liked the suggestion about removing the map indicator after BR 20, at least SOMETHING has to be done. Because it simply sucks.

As for the assist XP, I too hope it's broken. I mean, what's the point of getting less than 100xp - sometimes even less than 50 - for bombarding a sundie/armor with over half your rockets, when some guy with a basilisk gets the last lucky shot and gets ~650xp? Where's the justice? Where's the logic? I'm all for the percentage idea, but there's no way it's working correctly atm. Besides, if "fairness" is the goal, why should a guy who does 99% dmg get less xp than the guy who does the last percent? Oh, and one last thing: If you're able to hit a lib with 2 decimator rockets, you deserve the goddamn kill. Instantly.
    • Up x 5
  18. Astealoth

This has been on my want list for a long time. I have a fairly decent system and it seemed like the game took forever to close sometimes.
  19. Ghostvind

What Mersk said, regarding Death Screen. I rarely play Infiltrator as well, but seriously... I'm fairly fresh but this (and few more things) unnecessarily make game too easy - taking away fun and challenge. Personally I like the stats on Death Screen, but let's be honest - I call it "nice Blizzard" from the company's name - why? Because what it does it gives you in fact not so needed info, and softens the fact you run out and died :D "Here buddy, at least you got 120xp. Good Work!". I guess it works for some, but I simply hate wasting 10+ seconds to see it before my spam of Spacebar will be registered and I can get back to what's fun: Killing (fighting word should be used if viewer is under age 12).

As with the assists, I have no idea how point award works, but I see ppl jeopardizing team work in order to wait and make a last shot (allowing a vangy to kill your sunderer just because the other guy has to shot once more before the player I talk about will make the killing blow, and many many others). Maybe I'm an ignorant but it should be very simple: Award Xp during the kill should go with: A) - Assist XP % wise according to dmg done from player/source then B) Same as A + Bonus points for dealing killing blow. Honestly, game is most fun when people have to actually do something in order to win/kill. Otherwise it will turn into a ghost festival, where everyone jumps on a train of zergs/assist kills, spamming ammo's or spawn revivals. While I understand that XP/SC/Certs are important in the game, real goal should be here to take objectives/kill other players, right? Right?
  20. RogueElement

Yesterday at one point myself and few other random players found ourselves fending off a massive lib swarm brought to you by yesterdays update. So with dalton rounds landing among us we collectively manage to shoot off the 8-9 rockets it takes to down one of those bastards and guess what- 25 exp assist. How is that a appropriate reward in your mind? Three guys doing equal work in equal danger, but one gets 1300+ exp because he shot the last rocket and the other two get +25? Assist XP was MUCH better balanced the way it was.
    • Up x 3