Server Maintenance March 14th 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. RadarX

Known Issues:
    • Our invulnerability fix didn't work as planned. Still working on it.
    • The class quiz fix for all characters didn't work 100% -- working for most.

------

All servers will be unavailable beginning at 6:00 AM PT (2 PM CET) for a small update to address a few outstanding technical issues. Players may note the following changes:

• A fix was made for a server crash some players were experiencing.
    • All Characters should now be to take the Class Quiz now (No really we mean it!)
    • A fix was made to prevent characters and vehicles from getting in an invulnerable state.
    • Abilities which had become unavailable should now function normally. (We do appreciate your patience and creativity when you couldn't use small things like "jump jets")
    • Grenades and consumables should no longer be consumed when switching loadouts (They were in your other pants).
    • Improved the exit speed of client (Allowing at least a 100% faster rage quit)
    • Up x 46
  2. GoyoElGringo

And now for everyone to complain that "reverting back to the old death screen" isn't on that list.
    • Up x 22
  3. Iksniljiksul

Invisible players (not rendering)?

No-clip bullets (shooting through walls)?

Team Killing in the warp gates?

Death animations not playing at all, at any time, for anyone (now you see them... where'd they go, oh it's dead)?

Virtual Reality?

Etc, etc?
    • Up x 1
  4. WyrdHarper

Speaking of...is the server crash mentioned in this post the "freezing on death screen?" That's kind of a painful bug.
    • Up x 3
  5. ddraig

hey do you think this time around we could have a 5 or 10 minute warning, rather than the server just suddenly shutting down?

Last night was both rude and brutal
    • Up x 5
  6. 666IsBehindYou

I propose an idea! And I'll place it here for convenience!

REMOVE the death spotter thingy! :D And.......... I'm not actually sure! :D
    Just get rid of it! :D
    All shall be happy! :D
    And none shall complain! :D

Happy Hunting
    666 - The Devil
    • Up x 8
  7. Maelthra

Poppycock. Do you know how hard it is to get out of these really tight spandex pants? I never take them off!
    • Up x 4
  8. equinub

Nope still locked out items since last nights VR liberator testing adventures.

BRIGGS.

Character equinubTR

Last time this happened, wasn't fixed for two months until i send in a support request. :(
  9. Bnuldun

^This. All of this.
    • Up x 1
  10. Nanomorph

What this should have said:

• Up x 12
  11. Vivicector

Death screen should NOT show the position and/or direction to the killer. Player should spot it by himself, if he can. Period.
    • Up x 14
  12. equinub

Players still flying around invincible and XP assist broken.

Ok patch hasn't dropped yet, could you include AEST time zone?
    • Up x 2
  13. DieHard2Live3

Well, it's always nice to see bug fixes.

Now, about the new deathscreen.

I'm not going to complain, but maybe this might work.

• Up x 2
  14. VS-KILLER

I have not been able to log on since yesterday early? I get a g10 error and my log on screen where i select my character is flashing. Also the character image is a silouette instead of a full character image.
  15. GravityJohnson

What amazes me the most about the new death screen is the unbelievably passionate dislike of it. It seems to me that it was kind of ok before, and it's also ok now, but it has such a small bearing on the game that basically who really gives a damn. I would expect some mild 'likes' and some mild 'hates', but it's not like they've replaced the Sunderer with a ice cream van is it!

(Although that give me an idea)
    • Up x 3
  16. Vlad Archer

I like new death screen. Bigger character render and more statistic information is great!
    • Up x 4
  17. ncDieseL

So basically, none of these issues were fixed when you forcibly restarted the servers last night 4 minutes before the end of an alert!?

THANKS SOE! Pissing all over EU's prime time as per normal.
    • Up x 1
  18. ncDieseL

Assist XP isn't broken, those are the new values, based on percentage of damage you dealt. They just didn't include the change in the patch notes, because they knew it was going to be unpopular.
  19. Tropopyte

I really hope it's broken! Or some very strange mathematics were applied when a 60% damage assist on a prowler gives me only 75 XP...
  20. Brynin

smoke frags still don't go off when thrown longer distance than like 5 ft. ..
    • Up x 3