Snipers, Don't be that guy...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pascalli, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Dcrd

I don't snipe usually, but if I do - I just kill those guys and change position.
  2. kadney

Wow, I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong thread.. :oops:

MMh, an idea to punish them let me thing about shooting sensordarts at them... that were good times in BC2.. :rolleyes:

3. Aegie

Only 1) your darts do not stick to anything, they just stop when they hit an object and then hover there in place and 2) your darts do not illuminate friendlies for your foes.
  4. Dalek

Let's turn the thread title around...

'That guy, don't be snipers.'

Really. So you spent 5 minutes there aiming for someone's head and then they finally stand still and boom! Headshot. A medic nearby who sees this, keeps moving while reviving his buddy and then his buddy starts moving around when revived.

In other words...

Sniping is 100% pointless when medics can revive you in the blink of an eye. Don't do it.
    • Up x 3
  5. kadney

It was more like an "imagine they would stick on them and blink like they did in BC2" post. :pThat would be funny.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nyscha

I hate comments like this.

If a medic is nearby he's my 100% priority.
    • Up x 1
  7. ncDieseL

Most annoying thing for me recently has been people walking in front of me as a throw a nade, and having it bounce of the back of their head and take out half the squad. I usually just stand there in disbelief. Why can't grenades noclip through infantry? UGH.
  8. Duban

I love to snipe from trees as a discrete and stealthy LA. The worst is when some guy decides to join me in the tree and starts firing indiscriminately with an un-surpressed carbine. Often times they'll empty an entire clip at a time into an enemy they can't kill just screaming "ENEMY PLAYERS HERE ENEMY PLAYERS HERE ENEMY PLAYERS HERE!".

Honestly, I just tk them when that happens. The only thing they were going to accomplish anyways was getting BOTH of us killed...
  9. Dis

Looks like 2 people having a who can be more useless contest.

Terrible.
    • Up x 3
  10. Generico

You know what you're supposed to do when some a$$hat does that? You say their name and ask them to move in proxy chat. Then you count to 3, and if they don't, oops headshot. Seriously, TKing idiots like this is the only good thing about FF. Might as well use it.
  11. Robes

Where did the mean sniper touch you?
    • Up x 1
  12. Metaltoys

If you don't shoot them in the back of the head, they will never learn not to stand in front of you.
  13. Tommyp2006

it certainly wasn't at the cap point
    • Up x 2
  14. AdamGrantBell

MAXes who stand in front of AV turrets. Please do not do that. I have better range than you and can bend shots round corners. Also, I can kill you in two hits. See?
  15. Ghosty11

I personally like it when snipers stack up like that, it means I don't have to travel as far when knifing them in the back.:D
    • Up x 3
  16. Ghosty11

Ooo I got weapons lock the last time I was there, because a bunch of idiots couldn't see the the continuous stream of blue orbs emanating from the barrel of my Lasher. They though it would be a good idea to peek down the hole to see if all the turrets were dead yet. I figured I was doing my part in denying the enemy certs.
  17. Robes

So thats what the kids are calling it now?
  18. Lyrencropt

Why are you standing constantly in one position while sniping? I can see this being a problem for engineers (and I've had it happen to me), but honestly you can just move 2 feet to the right or left and bam, he's not a problem any more. And if you are moving and he's doing this over and over again, it's his problem for getting in front of you. Regardless, you should be mobile enough even on just this single hill to where one guy isn't that big of a problem.

Giving away your position isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be. I snipe while jumping around on air pads with relative frequency, and I've got a K/D of 11 with the parallax. Frankly if you're sniping and getting killed by enemy snipers with any real frequency, you're not sniping properly. You should always be either moving, cloaked, or shooting. Otherwise you're a free kill.
  19. MorganM

I hear you brotha!

At least have the courtesy to crouch. That way two people can share a nice spot.
    • Up x 1
  20. Epic High Five

Also, I see someone in a prime spot and they're raking in the kills, I move on. Good on them I say. If I'm in a prime spot but I'm playing the yell metagame as well and I get a Deci up my hindquarters well, I deserved that.

I see someone in a prime, strategic spot to murder many mans and staunch an advance and they are really bad well, they gotta go. I'm not dealing with a flood of damn MAXes just because they let 8 medics and engies slip by alive. Sometimes if I'm feeling nice I'll just muscle them out or place a nice bright squad beacon right in front of the vantage point, other times, ehhhhhh.