Like Needles In My Eyes (1)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jal Calan, Nov 3, 2013.

1. LucasPiazon

Don't just remove or revamp the roles of small outposts. The spawn system also needs revamping.

Sunderers are too large and vulnerable, not too mention boring and difficult to pull one and safely find a place to deploy it.

Relying on foot (too slow) or vehicles (unreliable) to transport you from the spawn to the front line won't work. The recent spawn changes help, but aren't enough.

If only there was a way to have dynamically adjusting spawn locations based on the front line. If the game could calculate where your main frontlines are and provide spawn locations in all of them.

Before:
    NC capture a base from TR. TR all die or redeploy to next base down the lattice and wait for NC. TR try pull sundies to attempt to recapture base, but they are destroyed quickly by loads of advancing NC. Few people who traveled on foot quickly die due to lack of support and have no nearby sundy to deploy at.

After:
    NC captures a base from TR , TR continues deploying close nearby and will try to recapture the base. NC are playing better, and slowly, inch by inch push the TR back, closer to the next base on the lattice. When NC push TR far enough away from the base, into more open areas, they roll in armour to take advantage of the space, and push TR back further. TR pull armour or air to counter and epic field fight ensues.

I think something like that, if balanced well, could really help the flow of fights in between bases.
  2. TheRunDown

[IMG]

If you are a Fan of PlanetSide 1.. Then every 2nd or 3rd Link should have a outpot..
    When they eventually get around to adding Vehicle loadout hot swapping and Repair silo's..
    Aircraft will need Air Towers for ammo / Repairs, and other Outpots for Ammo for Ground Vehicles..

Also the Crown should be a Interlink on a Mountain.. Why? Cause that would be awesome..

I would also like Empire Home world to come out before Warpgate features.. But I feel the game would need at leased 5 Worlds before that would even happen.. and at this rate 5 worlds would be around 2017.. Funny how on EQN they can spit out a map in 5 minutes, but it takes nearly 2 years to bring out Hossin..

I'm also against Square maps, and maps that aren't separated by Rivers and dry Ravines.. (Dead Zones/Battle Breaks..)
    I personally think Square maps are just Lazy.. and the idea behind it was to make maps quicker, which hasn't been the case here..

I know PlanetSide 2 maps are bigger than PlanetSide.. but PlanetSide Felt Bigger because of the world layout.. with water and bridges etc..
  3. Ethancol

MASSIVE BUMP THAT SHOULD CATCH THE HOLY ATTENTION OF THE GODS OF AURAXIAN CARNAGE THAT IS THE "DEVIL EPORS"
    Hehe ty m8
    • Up x 2
  4. xxSparkyxx

Yet not one SOE developer sees this... because it breaks their hearts. In other words, amen brother, amen.
    • Up x 1
  5. Planetdoge

Is there ever going to be an official response to this? I just started playing Planetside 2 a week ago, but comparing the game I've been playing to the game that it could be with your suggestions makes me realize how much PS2 is falling short of its true potential. Sigh...
    • Up x 4
  6. LucasPiazon

• Up x 1
  7. Jockroxx

As an only player of PS2, I have no idea of what will be going on with this kind of changes. But I've already seen some PS1 videos with massive fights lasting for hours so it really caught my attention.
    If Sony could put this on test server just to see what is going to happen.. It's just a testserver afterall !
    • Up x 1
  8. Gnorfen

Damn i would do anything for this to happen. and it must be so easy to, just open up a new server with all those outpost deleted and see how it goes. Of course more work could be done but it's a huge step with so little effort.

Let the players them self see how much fun it could be!
  9. LucasPiazon

They don't even have to delete small outposts, just remove ability to spawn and capture them. They could be merged with other hexes, look here for diagrams:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/concept-with-diagrams.174579/
    • Up x 2
  10. Ethancol

*JIZZBUMP*
    • Up x 1
  11. Kirlsul

Yeah, there are a few outposts that should stay, such as The Ascent, Crown, Skydock. The ones that stand out.
    • Up x 1
  12. Harbinger

Yes, this is exactly what I've been thinking since the start. Remove 60% of these useless outposts making every battle a campfest. Let us fight in the outdoors and create DYNAMIC BATTLES.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mianera

To tell the truth, the small outposts are worthless and are basically BUFFERING ZONES. I find it annoying that you have to cap so many small bases with a outfit/platoon.

WHAT ANNOYS ME SO MUCH IS THAT MANY FIGHTS ARE CONSISTENT ABOUT CAMPING SPAWN ROOMS!
    Let's face it, that's what 80% of biolab fights are and small outpost fights are! Its one team sitting in the spawn room and the other waiting the miserable 3-5 minutes to cap it and then repeat the whole damn procedure because there is ANOTHER small worthless crap outpost in the way of the valuable objective.

Less small outposts, PLEASE!
    • Up x 1
  14. Donaldson Jones

It's truly terrible the way it is now. Too much Infantryside window-licking.
    • Up x 1
  15. Tuco

Less small outposts = more biolab fights
  16. Tuco

Removing these "useless outposts" won't make more outdoors fights, it will just mean the zerg spends 30 more seconds driving between larger baes.

Last year a small outposts was removed from Indar, in that canyon area. What effect did that have on the surrounding bases? The zerg spent 30 more seconds driving through the former base. It didn't encourage more "outdoor fighting".
  17. Tuco

..which only occurred because of the PS1 AMS/CE.

Average distance between FB and AB in WWIIONLINE is 1.5 kilometers, which is about 3 times the average distance between bases in PS2 here. You know what almost always happened? The enemy was already 100 meters away and camping your spawn when defenders started trickling in. That's how almost every damn battle starts, and I was usually the only one yelling in chat, "HERE THEY COME HERE THEY COME HERE THEY COME HERE THEY COME HERE THEY COME HERE THEY COME, FOR 5 DAMN MINUTES!"

Noooooooo, as the arch-defensive player in PS1/PS1/WWIIONLINE, No not in a million years will removing these stupid little outposts solve your stupid little problems.
  18. Smitty Werben

i think passively adding this outer of facility fights would add more strategic depth to the game, as you mentioned with the need for proper army rebuilding and also for tactical moves like flanking.
    If you change this you will have much less spawncamping, thus the "spawnroom warrior" problem is solved and you are also able to guide zergs to fight each other. final verdict: change pls!
    • Up x 1
  19. TheStonehawk

Bump. Good idea.
  20. Llamar

I could not play planestide 2 if everyday I'm jamming my dick into a meat grinder.