Like Needles In My Eyes (1)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jal Calan, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Alan Kalane

Brilliant idea! Easy to implement,efficient and fun. There's only one problem: With the current game balance the tanks and libs would rule the game while infantry would completely disappear from the game because of the lack of spawns. Of course there are sunderrers... But when I imagine a battle like this i can't help the feeling that there would be dozens of tanks and no infantry at all. By removing those capture points you take away the reason to play the infantry.

But there is a solution:

1. Lower tanks ammo pool.
    2. Instead of the cap points add a few "Ammo nodes" for tanks
    3. Ammo nodes only give ammo if captured as normal cap points.
    4. In order to resupply ammo to other vehicles a sunderrer has to visit the ammo node once in a while (A SUNDERRERS NEW ROLE! IMAGINE THE SUNDERRER CONVOYS, IMAGINE THE STRATEGIC DEPTH)
  2. arsenal3185

At first, I thought you were just ranting but as I read it made more and more sense, it won't just be camping behind walls it would be an actual war. This would also give another big reason for one of the most disputed suggestions in the game: artillery.
  3. Tcsisek

still need to keep some small outposts that have good fights ( howling pass, crown, crossroads watch tower, indar excavations, and scared mesa skydock) the places that still have good fights should not be removed. I also made a thread a while ago about doing something like this but adding bunkers in between that capture almost instantly or something I forget.
  4. doombro

Only one of those listed bases is actually a small outpost.