Why Do Players Percieve NC As FoTM?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan 117, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huller

• Up x 3
  2. Spartan 117

I'm aware that the December 17th patch was accompanied by a great deal of nerfs for the TR & VS. While it hit the TR hardest, it was largely the result of the overperforming weapons that went unaddressed for almost half a year. Things like the Striker, which denied any form of air support for NC/VS troops alike.

[IMG]

Changes to things like the harasser hit the NC/TR/VS equally. The TR were likely hit the hardest however as they relied on it for the Vulcan weapon system, whereas the NC's unique secondary weapons were overshadowed by the Halberd. Regarding the changes to small arms, negative/positive changes were made to each of the 3 factions that more or less equal out.
    • Up x 1
  3. NC_agent00kevin

LOL

First of all, only one is an assault rifle. The Reaper DMR. It does 200 @ 500, which is 1666.6 DPS +2.565 sec reload. The next fastest reloading weapon available to that class, the NC1 Gauss rifle. The NC1 Gauss Rifle does 167 damage at 650 rpm; which is 1809 dps + a 2.6 sec reload. The NC1 Gauss Rifle clearly puts out more DPS AND has more bullets per magazine. The Gr-22 does even more DPS than both of these, coming in at 1906.6 DPS with a 3 sec reload and 6 more rounds per mag. The Reaper DMR is clearly at the bottom of the list for high damage output weapons. Per bullet damage is the least important factor when considering weapon performance.

But lets complain about the Reaper DMR, because that makes the entire NC faction perform better. (which you still havent shown hard data proving our weapons are now better than before)

Lets see how other, lower damage weapons stack up against 200 damage weapons:

So how about the ACX11?

ACX11: 200 damage @ 500 rpm = 1666.6 DPS with a 2.74 sec reload

AF-19 Merc: 167 damage @ 600 rpm = 1670 DPS with a 2.75 sec reload (+ 6 more bullets)

Again, the AF-19 Merc is a better gun.

But lets complain about the 200 damage weapons, because those make the NC weapons perform better as a whole.

How about the Gauss SAW?

Gauss SAW: 1666.6 DPS + 7.5 Sec reload.

EM6: 1670.0 DPS + 5.65 sec reload AND same mag size with select fire modes even. BONUS!

If you think 200 damage guns make the NC perform better as a whole, you got big problems now! Those arent even our best guns. In fact, they are generally frowned upon by the majority of NC players.

How about this doozy:

ACX11 1666.6 DPS + 2.74 sec reload

vs

GD7F 2013.9 DPS + 3 sec reload and 6 more rounds per mag!

WOW!

Trying to claim the NC as a whole perform better now because of three weapons that do a little more damage per bullet but less DPS overall is pretty ridiculous.

...All factions receive this benefit, not just the NC. See DPS examples above for weapon comparisons.
    • Up x 3
  4. huller

Cherry picking much? For example, you fail to mention bullets needed/kill, damage/mag (or since you seem to like reload speed as argument so much, damage reloaded per second) and any accuracy statistics at all.

To try and claim what you posted here is "divine evidence" that high bullet damage by excluding any advantage high bullet damage gives makes any other argument based upon this presumption invalid
    • Up x 3
  5. NinjaTurtle

I hope TR and VS are given something OP so that the players that only play what they consider to be OP would go back away from NC
    • Up x 2
  6. barunedpat

I know, but you asked someone for the link to the headshot (and other) changes, and I provided one of them ;)
    Just trying to help out all by saving a small tad of time.
  7. NC_agent00kevin

How is comparing weapons available to each respective class in the 200 damage category and the next available tier cherry picking? Its a direct comparison of weapons...how many rounds it takes to kill is irrelevant. How fast each weapon can do so is the only thing that matters. I havent even included CoF and bloom/accuracy/hip accuracy numbers. And I guarantee those numbers will only make the weapons in question (200 damage) look even worse.

Damage 'reloaded per second' is directly correlated to DPS. Its the same thing. Nothing changes.

The 200 damage weapons are still lower on the totem pole than the 167 damage weapons. The math doesnt lie, and if you care to take the time and present your own data, please, by all means do so. Show us the advantage of high damage low RoF high CoF high bloom and low capacity weapons have. Im waiting. For every TR or VS weapon you pick that does less DPS, Ill present one that does more DPS. I promise you that.
  8. NC_agent00kevin

I didnt ask for headshot changes. I asked for data showing the NC weapons all performing better after the balance pass.
  9. HadesR

Couple of months out of date now https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...liminary-kpu-comparison-pre-post-pu02.166537/

But just after the so called " nerfs " to infantry weapons ALL factions performance increased across a large portion of their guns ..

LMG's for Example :

[IMG]

Seems because they got re-balanced people automatically expected them to perform worse because they got " OMG nerfed " while in fact the effects the " nerfs " had are more perceived than they are real.
    • Up x 2
  10. NC_agent00kevin

Now this is what Im looking for when I ask for a source link :D

Overall LMG Delta

NC 5.5

TR 8.67

VS 5.01

Oddly enough it looks like the TR got the best overall improvement in LMGs with the NC having a slightly better improvement than the VS. Interestingly enough, the Gauss SAW, our 200 damage LMG, got the lowest improvement in not only the NC LMG department but the overall LMG department barring the SVA-88 (which was ridiculous with its hipfire capabilities anyway)

And thats just strictly improvement speaking.

Looking at the average KPU post PU02 we have

NC 13.54

TR 13.34

VS 13.71

Pretty damn even with NC falling smack dab in the middle of it all.
    • Up x 4
  11. Hiding in VR

Not sure what KPU is suppose to show? Serious question.
  12. Squeeck

Players pick a faction based on the combination of effectiveness and the 'feeling' that they get when they play that faction.
    It just happens to be that the NC has the best variety in their guns and have MAXs, MBTs and ESRL that are actually effective/fun to use.

The NC arsenal is so varied that there are very good options for all the different distances where the fights can take place.
    The fact that NC has Carbines with both the highest ROF and Highest damage per shot, or just a combination of ROF and damage is an example of this.

MAXs with shotguns also attract players that like to easily kill players, contributing to the higher population that the NC lately has.
  13. Goretzu

Nothing really.

Lemming syndrome perhaps combined with that a lot of people that might have wanted to play NC didn't for at least 9 months (because it was a poor choice min/max-wise).

Currently the game is as balanced as it has ever been.
    • Up x 2
  14. Chipay

Oh hey look, NC has the best LMG, I wonder why all these people started playing NC....
    And oh look, TR has the worst LMGs, I wonder why TR has the lowest population....
  15. Goretzu

16. NC_agent00kevin

Actually the VS top the list in average KPU increase post PU02 :) VS also had the best performing starter LMG pre PU02 and the best performing overall LMG pre PU02. (the SVA 88 was ridiculously good at hipfire for an LMG)

Interestingly enough the SVA 88 is very close performance wise to the Anchor despite it having dropped in KPU.

But I bet it was ok for the SVA 88 to perform nearly identically pre balance as the Anchor does now post balance :rolleye:

As for Tr having the worst? No. Some are better, some are worse, but they do however have the lowest average KPU post PU02 and the highest increase in KPU. Talk about conflicting data! That would mean that they were in even worse shape before! Take out the weird spike in the Carv S and the increase is even across the board. Ill have to admit, its some weird data.
  17. HadesR

It's not a perfect stat by any means to judge things by , but in large it can be used to see how weapons within the same group perform in relation to one another ..
    Various factors do come into play but if there were any major problems rather than small quirks there would be a larger discrepancy within the scores ..

For example the Gauss , Orion, Carv are all the worst performing LMG's, which could be largely due to them being the Default starter weapons and are used by inexperienced hands .. But the KPU across all 3 is still within a hairs width of one another ..
  18. huller

And that is exactly what i mean with denialism™, the NC keep shouting that particular sentence like a sacred mantra to instantly diffuse and avoid any meaningfull ballance discussion, always downplaying on their own advantages and always exagerating on the other faction's advantages because they know the NC got by far the best deal out of PU02 and regardless of what the ballance is, be it UP or OP they keep furiously shouting it to avoid the nerf bat and discredit any person that might say that NC weapons aren't in fact as bad as they say it is.

Basicaly it is a cheap ruse used by NC still stuck in victim mode to avoid any discussion that might have negative impact on their faction. And in order to have any meaningfull discussion we need to get rid of these lame forumside autowin buttons the NC have grown fond and lazy of using. These include (but are not limmited to):

-Woe is me, I'm NC
    -U are TR so U noob and need crutch
    -Quoting Higgles when he said "VS players only use OP things"
    -omg, scatmx has like, only 0.000000003 TTK advantage, SO UP and Othr MAXes kill just as fast!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  19. NC_agent00kevin

Feel free to rebuke any of the numerous posts in this thread that presents data clearly showing balance.
  20. Xasapis

Too many people on this thread fail to realise that they are arguing for two subtly different things.
    • The starting post has asked why people perceive NC as best faction. Perceive being the key word here along with all the subjective package that brings along
    • Then you have too many tryhards that attempt to explain why NC are or are not OP, bringing arguments and counter arguments.
    So here's the situation:
    • The NC are considered FoTM right now. This is something undeniable, and is backed by the worldwide population imbalance.
    • Whether people are wrong to perceive them as FoTM is irrelevant to the OP's original question.
    • The question is what are the things that attracted people to the NC after the recent changes
    • Current NC players point of view is largely irrelevant, since they were already part of the empire, thus whatever attracted all those new people had no sway to them anyway.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.