THE NC17 RAILJACK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gav7x, Feb 19, 2014.

1. JaceArveduin

Well, I guess that's good news for, since now I won't be crying myself to sleep because it seems to be literally impossible for me to save up 1000 certs.
  2. Unclematos7

This thing is tier 3 BASR+.

The Striker was Annihilator+, and we all know what happened to that...
    • Up x 2
  3. NinjaTurtle

There is no reason not to have it, it is hands down the best sniper rifle in the game.
  4. Tuco

I didn't know there was an extended version of that song. Awesome.
  5. Nerovox

Sayonara!
  6. DxAdder

This weapon is a classic SOE Bait and Hook weapon.

It will be released as OP then a week latter after all of the NC have bought it THEN the nerfs will come !
  7. mooman1080

Why not give it 2 shots instead of 4 or something, considering the shorter reload and rail gun likeness it would make sense, I certainly wouldn't mind but then again I love the thrill of reloading in battle.
  8. Tuco

9. Regpuppy

Giving it 1 shot per magazine still would not balance out the fact that this gun has the best velocity and damage, along with virtually no drop.
  10. NCDaniel

Sounds about right.
  11. mooman1080

Damage isn't a heavy factor in a bolt action, it's still going to take 2 body shots.
  12. HadesR

Yeah was thinking the same .. At 300m a OHK HS weapon is just the same as any other ..
  13. BioPhysics

Brb, switching to NC.
  14. Cinnamon

I get killed by low battle rank snipers all the time. I guess even if all the "pro" snipers stack up on NC to use this then it wouldn't even give me much relief to play only NC since I'm constantly getting killed by new players with rifles that the pros say are bad.
  15. Regpuppy

More likely to finish off slightly injured people than the other ones. It makes some difference. Regardless, we're getting away from the fact that it's just a pure upgrade. One that would still be a pure upgrade if you knocked it down to 1 bullet per magazine, since bolt actions don't rely on refires. One that couldn't really survive a nerf without becoming some slightly different looking longshot.
  16. mooman1080

Not if it had two shots, that would give it some more risk and make it slower than shorter range rifles.
  17. Hatesphere

I dont think anyone is saying the other rifles are bad, just that this will literally be a direct upgrade to bolt actions for long range sniping. Its damage combined with velocity have the potential to turn it into the EZ mode long range sniper.
  18. HadesR

Yeah ... Since they removed the secondary feature .. They have kinda shot themselves in the foot .. Choice now of upgrade Tier 3 or a longshot reskin only worth using for medalling ..
  19. Epic High Five

Am I the only who thinks the velocity isn't all that much of a difference, and is happy about the rifle just because it's NC as f*ck?

I mean hell, the Longshot/Parallax/RAMS are already pretty much zero drop. The difference in headshot compensation here is literally "aiming at the top of their head" with the T3's and "aiming at their nose" for the Railjack at ANY distance where you aren't missing because of culling more than velocity.
  20. NinjaTurtle

I agree.

650m/s velocity is enough for most decent snipers, 850m/s will obviously make it easier but seems unnecessary to me. SOE seem way to restrained in their weapon development and instead would rather just release a gun with buffed stats instead of a cool new mechanic

The best thing about this rifle is like you said the aesthetic which is amazing. The dev that designed that should be given the go ahead to do a redesign of a few other NC weapons