AV MANA Turrets

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Alarox, Feb 17, 2014.

1. LT_Latency

Yes I did, Render distance is effect by the amount of troops in a battle, There is Nothing they can do to fix that.

Same thing happens to bursters against planes are we nerfing those as well??
    • Up x 1
  2. Corporate Thug

As someone who enjoys infantry combat first, I too think the turret is completely broken. It was much worse in the beginning but they're still not in a good place. I can't understand how SOE releases this crap and expects people to be able to deal with it. At the least, they should place a timer on how long it takes to replace your turret once it is destroyed, not just that little nanite cool down, but a real timer, around 2 minutes. Mounting and dismounting the turret should take longer as well.
    • Up x 1
  3. LT_Latency

Then you send troops to get it?? You see the missiles render you know what is up, You do something about it

I thought you were part of some sort of badass organized plaloon. They fact that you used to get all salty about c4 makes taking your complaint about things that can hurt takes hard to take as unbasis
    • Up x 1
  4. Dieter Perras

dam you modern technology and your failing to be perfect!

also I hate non rendering snipers,

and what if they removed the guided aspect from AV turrets and made them more like the turrets on the walls? (don't flame me just thinking out loud :rolleyes:) I don't think limiting the range is a good idea as it would remove its artillery role.

whenever I find a camping AV mana I grab my light assault and that guys gonna die, don't care whether I screw myself doing it but I save a lot of friendly armor that way.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ixidron

I can't discuss against that much irrationality, this conversation is over.
  6. LT_Latency

bye, you won't be misssed

Can you 3 do me a favor though??? How about you actually go buy this weapon and gets some kills with it before you start preaching how unstoppable it is.

When you actually own it, You will see there are VERY few spots you can use it effectively and once a army gets in shooting range it's basically a death trap.
    • Up x 1
  7. LibertyRevolution

AV turrets render at vehicle render, which is 800m.
    10 secs of fuel gets the rockets ~800m.

So, working as intended.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pacster

So what is the problem? They are not rendering...did you try to spot them? Do you think every tank renders? I at least often only see the spotting mark. If a MANA-Turret can shoot you then you can shoot it too....and unlike barely visible and fast flying NC and TR tank rounds the place where the mana-turret shot came from can easily be spotted.

What do you want? That they can only shoot you in close combat? I mean when you build up a mana turret while the enemy is closer than the horizon the engi is DEAD before he can shoot once...let alone seriously harm a tank.

Not to mention that engis behind mana turrets are like the no.1 easy target for snipers. Would be great if infils could shoot tank drivers out of their tanks too. The forum would be flodded with tank driver tears immidiatly....
    • Up x 1
  9. LibertyRevolution

That is culling, not render.
    The game says that AV turret is not a threat to you and culls it to show you closer "more dangerous" objects.
    That is an entirely different can of worms..
  10. BloodMonarch

You cannot ... in any way shape or form...legitimately defend as 'ok,' something that is invisible to your target, and therefore something your target cannot kill!!!

Those are the facts....I'm sorry, you're just gonna have to deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  11. BloodMonarch

Wrong!
    • Up x 2
  12. lNeBl

Not sure what game you are playing. AV turrets do not render beyond 300 meters. Sometimes its less than that. I rarely EVER see AV turrets that are actually rendering. I'd say about 80% of all AV shots that come my way are from unrendered players.

Also, AV turret can travel roughly 1000m.

There is no spotting mark because the AV turret is not rendering. Even if you fired your gun and hit the AV turrets location on your screen, it would not damage him because the AV turret is not rendering on your screen.

Tanks render from a crazy far distance, probably 3-4x the distance of AV turrets.

When a mana turret does not render, it can shoot you but you cannot shoot it. Its literally impossible because its not showing up on your screen. Even a sniper cannot hit the mana turret engineer because...the engineer and mana turret are invisible, and unhittable.

All you see is a missile magically appear roughly 100 meters from you before it hits you. You cannot see the person shooting it at all. No marker, no body, no nothing.

Sorry, you just seem to be completely ignorant of the facts here.
    • Up x 2
  13. LibertyRevolution

Actually he is right, the best counter to a mana turret is a mana turret.
    • Up x 1
  14. Korban

Tried that against AV Mana campers at Scarred Messa...........didn't work.
  15. LT_Latency

None of these people even own it.

I actually bought it because of there salty tears on the forums it's meh at best. It's ONLY useful when you can't be seen, the second someone can see you are a dead man and it's useless and any other AV becomes better.

Even when you can't see it, You can see the rockets and plan accordingly. Would it would be idle if it could render at any range sure but their is a limit to technology.

It can be a thorn in a tanks side under very idle conditions but it's not like tanks have it rough in this game they don't need the game to be even easier for them.

Most of the time you are running around like a moron trying to find a place to set it up. The ground has to be perfectly flat and most cliffs have rounded edges
    • Up x 2
  16. BloodMonarch

No hes not... because if you cant see the mana turret you aint gonna hit with another mana turret
  17. LibertyRevolution

I am playing the game where I'm not fighting at some 100v100 battle where everything is culled at 50m...
  18. BloodMonarch

I dont care how useless it is within render distance...thats a separate issue...the facts are, you cannot say with any reasoned argument that a weapon that is invisible to your target, and which your target cannot kill is ok...just on the strength that if it was visible it would be useless.

If you want to open up the argument with the fact that you agree it needs to be rendered, however this would then make it useless and it will therefore will need some kind of buff, you'll find people will actually listen and discuss, because that might well be the case.
    • Up x 1
  19. LT_Latency

The only fix is too make it strong as hell inside combat range. That is going to end up being way worse for tank drivers.

I would rather have the current version. I own it I hardly use it. If you guys want to buff it so it can fight tanks at close range.................Be my guests. I can't wait.

I would love to have a platform I can setup on towers that tanks many tank hits
  20. Shellana

I will say this very slowly so that you can understand.
    THE
    MANA
    AV
    TURRET
    HAS
    THE
    SAME
    RENDER
    PRIORITY
    AS
    A
    VEHICLE!

That means that if the AV turret isn't rendering for you, then a locked down prowler sitting in the exact same location will not render either. This is not something specific to the AV turret, but rather how SOE handles culling data for performance reasons.

I have the AV turret, guess what, I rarely use it. If I need to kill vehicles, I pull...
    AV Magrider(best choice if I have resources and the situation is right)
    Annihilator(If I am worrried about air)
    Lancer(at long range)
    Decimator + C4(Close range work)
    AV Turret(If and only if I need to be an engy to give ammo to the rest of the squad, who are all using lancers)
    • Up x 2