Server Downtime for Patch February 13, 2014 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 12, 2014.

1. davoll

With recon bolts for all allot will be quitting as LA is a better infiltrator.
  2. themayorofspace

Clock became a verb when we learned how to dictionary.
  3. B3cker

Please tell us that it at least will stay 3 hours and that the server will be live on in 1 hour. Please.
  4. Loui5D

Can you at least get it sorted so we can play comm clash tonight.
  5. Krinkels

You know you can always just uninstall the game and go play another game instead of complaining. Just a thought.
  6. themayorofspace

Agreed.
    • Up x 1
  7. triangle

Thought that reconn bolts is Infiltrator only?
  8. Dr.Destro229

agreed
  9. Canno

I'm going to have to bookmark this page for the misinformed... From JULY last year.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...me-update-13-july-24-2013-time-is-tbd.142483/

Specifically:

Proximity Radar
    Old Description “Hostiles near the vehicle are revealed on the minimap for all vehicle occupants.”

New Description “Detects the movement of hostile soldiers near the vehicle and reveals them the mini-map for all vehicle occupants.”
    • Proximity Radar range increased from 20/30/40/50 to 30/35/40/50
    • Proximity Radar now updates every ½ second instead of 2 seconds
    • Proximity Radar now detects cloaked infiltrators, like the recon tool
    • Proximity Radar now only detects moving players, like the recon tool
    Scout Radar
    Old Description “Enemies near the vehicle will appear on the map of nearby allies for up to 25 meters.”

New Description: “Detects hostile enemies near the vehicle and reveals them on the mini-map for all nearby allies. The vehicle must be occupied for scout radar to function.”

• Scout Radar now detects cloaked infiltrators, like the recon tool
    • Scout Radar now only functions if the vehicle is occupied
    • For the Flash version:
      • Scout Radar range increased from 25/50/75/100 to 40/60/80/100
    Read: Proximity Radar now detects cloaked infiltrators, LIKE THE RECON TOOL
    Read: Proximity Radar now only detects moving players, LIKE THE RECON TOOL
    Read: Scout radar now detects cloaked infiltrators, LIKE THE RECON TOOL
    You're only safe from the recon tool if you're not moving.
    Continue.
    • Up x 6
  10. Dreadnaut

This is an absolutely ridiculous change. WTF.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dreadnaut

You can lock onto aircraft, fire, switch to your primary, and fire the primary while the A2A missile is in flight.

This isn't that bad vs ESF's but it is absolutely mind blowingly OP against Libs and Galaxies. =\
  12. TommyXXL

ok, after more testing, the stalker cloak is not OP at all, it drains almost instantly if you try to run around or chase enemy, good for long range sniping but since you can't use the primary weapon... it makes this cloak more of a novelty.

i still think those recon darts from the crossbow must be removed from use by all classes, it's easy to spam them, if you are a heavy in a battle against an infiltrator you will win 200% of time since you can have the location of enemy and the shield.
    • Up x 2
  13. DK22

hmmm, buffed up the infiltrator alot! bad enough the way it was.
    just asking but, does this mean its just a sniper game now?
    maybe I should start certing up one...
    • Up x 1
  14. themayorofspace

I would very much like that.
  15. davoll

In less they changed it overnight no.
  16. themayorofspace

I think the Infiltrator buff was much needed in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  17. themayorofspace

*tries to login* dangit.
  18. Bindlestiff

Not that it makes much difference to me as I'm in work, but hasn't this cert correction / WDS point grant fix been tested on a similar scale database (such as a copy of the most recent database backup) to give a more accurate indication of how long this downtime would be?
  19. triangle

Ah then I might got it wrong. So there shouldn't be a too huge flood of Infiltrators. I like my rare class. :/
    • Up x 1
  20. Gheeta

What the **** were you thinking with the tomcat ninja change, please stop doing all these ridiculous ninja changes that are not available for testing and no one was asking for.
    • Up x 1