[Possibly QQ thread] Vanu cool things plz?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pondera, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Chazt

Alright if you want the honest answer on what the vanu has over other factions I can make a list of the most common complaints I hear about on the forums and in game

*Infantry weapon wise consider them the bastard child of the TR and the NC. Their can fire fast and hit hard which is also stuck together with their faction trait of having vertically no bullet drop which makes them some of the most terrifying close quarters combatants in any fight (For example the I believe the Orion has the fastest TTK of any lmg at the moment) as for the NC having the most damage on their basic weapons, that is true only on a per bullet basis. Due to the fact they have slow rate of fire and terrible cone of fire they have overall less damage per second and an extreme inability to function in close quarters.

*The Vanu max has very good general purpose weaponry, capable of hitting hard across multiple ranges, compared to the TR and NC max which are useless past 15m

*Magrider is the most mobile tank in the game, you strafe circles around other tank and can climb mountains with the thing. A skilled magrider driver can definitely outclass a vanguard.

*They blend in with shadows like nobodies business. At night fighting vanu more or less REQUIRES IR/NV scopes

*I have no idea what your problem is with Reavers, this is probably the first time I have ever seen someone complain about a Reaver to be honest. They have the highest afterburner speed which allows them to....go in a straight line faster than anybody else? The Reaver is more durable because it has a large profile from every side and has the worst hover and dogfighting potential of any of the ESF's. I for one have never seen the NC win an even air battle.

*You have seen who is currently wrecking everyone in the world domination series right? The Vanu are winning all around.

Sidenote
    Don't expect to become a pro at planetside quickly. In order to compete in the big leagues with vehicles you have to be properly decked out so you are going to need certs. Do not expect to ever succeed at this game playing solo. It may seem like someone else is just dominating you but in reality going against a squad who communicated and backs each other up is an uphill battle when you are a lone wolfing it, there are some things that are a flat out stat advantage yeah (*grumbles something hateful about the Orion*) but you just have to roll with the punches and hope everything gets ironed out. Also you do know your faction is currently wrecking everyone else across the board right? I mentioned that? Sorry.
  2. moriarrr-ceres

And for projectile speed, im fine with it maybe a little more
    But my problem is the saron :eek:k we arent alowed to shoot a aircraft but our gunner should be able to. The saron need more projectile speed its a ******* lazor! And give him maybe 15degree more angle to have a "better" defence we dont have turret our main gun suck im ok with that but the gunner should counter this.
  3. moriarrr-ceres

Cmon wds its just about zerg and ghost capping its exploiting more to win bad items. Who care what faction will win this non-fight contest?
  4. Xasapis

Well, back when the strikers were dictating the vehicle game, I was running with a full smoke build. These days either Magburn (AV) or Radar (AI) are the better options.
  5. VakarisJ

Didn't they swap radar to the defense slot a while ago?
  6. innersphere1

from when a vanguard can chase a magrider?
  7. Xasapis

Yes, but stealth is, imo, the superior choice for an AV Magrider.
  8. Xasapis

Most of these things are ridiculous to even consider:
    • The main reason the NC saw such a huge influx was due to the infantry weapons, especially when TR vehicles were nerfed across the board.
    • VS & TR MAXes are practically identical. Slightly better in anti-infantry, slightly worse in anti-vehicle and anti-MAX weaponry. Their effective range is pretty much identical.
    • Magrider is 9 out of 10 a free kill for a Vanguard with a shield in 1vs1 encounters. The Magrider needs a 2/2 crew, a heavy cert investment, a very experienced crew and a very specific style of gameplay to come on top in encounters with Vanguards.
    • Fighting at night washes out everyone. Also VS at default camo stick like sore thumps everywhere they sit during the day, aka the other half of the day.
    • The only weakness of the reaver is the shape really. The problem with the Reaver is the problem with the Magrider, it needs a heavy cert investment to shine. Btw, all three ESFs have identical armor/health. A lot of flying characteristics are also identical, though the exceptions do give a certain flavour.
    • WDS, at least so far, is about ghostcapping. The only reason the VS are not trumpled by the NC overpopulation is due to the nightshift VS crew. For some reason, VS seem to stay longer into the night playing. Vanu come out at night and all that.
    It is true that one month is not really enough time to assess all factions in all their aspects. But the quoted post above showed the same unfamiliarity with the game as with the original post.
    • Up x 1
  9. VakarisJ

I meant for AI. You said that you use radar over magburn when hunting infantry.
  10. moriarrr-ceres

Im using mainly nanorep but stealth is of course the best choice
  11. Pondera

Testing in VR shows that a stock Vanguard can reach about 55-60 kph in open ground. Having a racer 3 chassis increases this number to 65-70 kph. A stock Magrider pulls round 50kph, and you can increase that by 2 whole kph by using the diagonal movement trick. So, even if a Magrider pulls ahead with its Magburner initially, the Vanguard can keep up the chase easily and most definitely keep a Magrider in its sights.

Essentially, once a Magrider is in this stage of engagement, the only choices are to fight or die. Running away will simply lead to an easy kill for the Vanguard. So much for the powerful but slow idea.

Ugggghhhhhhhhh.....I REALLY do not want to shift over to NC just to enjoy this game again. I JUST bought a 50% boost for myself for the next 3 months, a whole bunch of energy weapons and tricked out my sunderer.....all of which doesn't carry over to other characters, so thanks for that, SOE.
  12. Advanced Darkness

First: "i bought a 3 month boost..." poor guy.

Second: So you want some faction unique abilities that the other factions cant have because they arent in your faction? Something like a max suit that has jumpjets? A tank that can drive on water??? weps that are more alien looking, sounding and use a totally different form of energy???

No one would ever make such a game..that OP!
  13. Kurohagane

[IMG]

wait, ****
    nvm i misread the title
    • Up x 1
  14. VakarisJ

Magrider reaches 65 with Racer 3 even on uneven ground and can reach 100 km/h for a second with magburn every 10 seconds. The vanguard will catch up to a magrider on the open road, but among obstacles and in chaotic terrain or high hills, the magrider can get away, as it has higher acceleration and doesn't tip into every pothole, so it maintains it's speed easier.

Of course, if you're out in the north of Indar, you're likely screwed if you're a mag pilot and just happen to find a vanguard in-between bases, but in the southern parts -- you should have an easy time running away, as long as it's not right next to the eastern warpgate.
    • Up x 1
  15. Aractain

Hey, at least your not TR!

It can feel a bit unbalanced when you look at best in category stuff. Each empire is supposed to have things that make the others jealous. Unfortunately that isn't the case in objective review.

I feel like the empires need to have a fun pass instead of a balance(nerf) patch. VS should get some more floaty vehicles but already have fun weapons like the PPA and Lancer. The NC have the Vanguard and the Phoenix. The TR have... the......... Yes anyway I think new cool and fun empire specific weapons and vehicles will solve those problems of "Thier side has more interesting mechanics than my side".

So, in short, FUN the Vulcan and the Striker.
    • Up x 2
  16. VakarisJ

The striker, lockdown(prowler), vulcan and marauder had everyone jealous for the better half of the past year, before they finally got nerfed as SOE realized they were OP all along.

Even in their current state, TR toys like the striker are still usually more viable then other faction's alternatives. For instance -- the lancer is useless if there's only one guy using it, you need to get at least 4 to really start being a pain. You only need 1 striker to do the same for ground and air. Add an other striker and they decimate air and essentially stop most tank pushes.

Sure, TR weapons might not have the most unique feel to them, but they get the job done very well.
  17. Xasapis

Magburn every 20 seconds. The half burn lasts half a second, not even enough time to reach max speed.
  18. Pondera

First, I only mentioned the boost as a way of saying "well, I'm sure committed to this now!" not as a form of complaint.

Secondly....WHAT water? There's the 2 frozen rivers in Esamir, and a few little bits of instant death lake on Amerish but that's about it.

Though....MAX jump jets. XCOM did that with their MEC trooper program and that seemed to work pretty good. That might be interesting.

And, after playing around with some NC stuff (Gosh, you boys got some cool toys over there!), I'm able to appreciate the differences between Vanu and NC a little more. Getting hit in the face with a Lancer HURTS in a MAX.... and also being unable to do anything to enemies outside your "sphere of lethality" is somewhat amusing =p

Edit: I think I figured out what to do. I'll keep my booster Vanu as my main, seeing as how I'm still in love with their Aesthetic.... all purple and plasma everywhere.... but when I reach a state where I'm just sick of crap, I'll just swap over to unboosted NC or TR and just enjoy how the other side lives for a time.

Wait a second... I swap around characters whenever I get bored and it's on the same server. That supposedly makes me part of the "4th faction" that SOE's been talking about.

I guess I really am the 1%.
  19. Urban_Scorp

To the OP: Get off the soap box. Educate yourself a little more on the way things work in the game. Ignore those that make dramatic claims unless they have actual hard evidence to back it up and even then be skeptical.

Now here's a list of things that are fun and unique to Vanu:

1. We have style. Some may argue that our designs aren't as good as they could be, but it is blatantly obvious that some love was put into them.

*The TR look like they were designed by an emo tween trying to be a hipster. (Hi, name is Grimlyfe Darkraven. I like the colors black and red. I also like tanks with weaponry offset on the turret in an improbable and counterproductive manner...cuz it's "ironic".)
    *The NC look like guest stars for the old animated G.I. Joe series. ...and there is nothing wrong with that.

2. Magriders. We have a freaking hover tank. It can move sideways as well as forward and back. With a combination of forward and strafe, it climbs hills better than most vehicles. It has its limitations and is perhaps slower than it needs to be, but it is still a solid vehicle assuming you get a good gunner. Not to mention that it looks awesome.

3. Scythe. We've a fully functional ESF with a very nice forward profile for hover fighting. The dual Photon pods are great, as long as you can aim properly.

4. Lancer. Seriously, an anti-vehicular sniper rifle. It can hit things moving absurdly fast at ridiculous distances with regularity. Downside is relatively low damage, but no other anti-vehicle weapon has its sheer potential when used in groups. A squad of Lancer-wielding players with coordination and some engineer backup can make mincemeat out of the largest armor zergs.

5. Lasher. What it lacks in TTK and short range usability it make up for in disco-ball firing hilarity. Dance, monkeys, dance!

6. Shade. The upcoming sniper rifle is a completely new kind of weapon. It drops conventional ammunition for a heat system. It also can charge to fire a no drop, bolt-action damage round. You want unique, there you go. It may not be the most powerful rifle to be released but it is definitely something else. ...I want a version of the Lancer with a heat mechanic.

If anything I'd say the Terran Republic are currently well locked down on the short end of the fun stick. I see no end in sight.

Stop it.

Fact is the Magrider hasn't had the ability to boost up sheer cliffs for about a year now. Using old exploits as examples of current game play only serve to taint the community by spreading misinformation amongst the ill informed and especially those unaware of (or unwilling to admit) their biases.

Cool.

It is true that the most commonly heard complaints are often one's own. :p
  20. VakarisJ

It's still a nice boost. Under the right circumstances, it can save you having to pull an other mag.

I'll say this much: that's dev propaganda.