Server Downtime for Patch January 30, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Eyeklops

I think the obvious thing to do is double the spawn timer (30 seconds?) when in a no-deploy zone.
  2. Goretzu

That is sensible then.
  3. LocoCoyote

The TR Bahamut Mask Helmet could use a touch up. When camo is applied to this helmet there is no blending or shading or whatever is going on there... making the troopers head look out-of-place with the rest of the uniform.
    • Up x 2
  4. RyanBurnsRed

I got the sky glitch last night while playing. PLease don't fix it. Easmir sky on INdar is so freaky. It's like being in the Twilight Zone.

Also last night on the Waterson server during a biolab alert, the server was freezing and glitching, and eventually everyone on Amerish (at least many people in my platoon fighting to defend Xelas from the NC) crashed. When we came back the NC had taken the biolab even though we were pushing them back before the crash. What's up with that?

Yes I agree with this. Especially camos made by other players. It makes the helmet way too shiny and out of place. It just looks weird.
  5. RyanBurnsRed

6. Eyeklops

There needs to be more in-game communication for downtime. I wouldn't mind if every 10~20 minutes I got a chatbox message that counts down time left until scheduled server maintenance/patches/upgrades.

In regards to having an alert that will never finish...does kinda suck, but at least people got the "participation" bonus.
  7. OldMaster80

I don't understand can this make sense: 5 minutes to redeploy to closest spawn point of the Squad Leader and 15 seconds to redeploy next to a squad mate, possibly already gunning a Bulldog, and this even in the no-deploy zone.
    This is totally stupid and against what devs have done in the last months. First they added a no deploy zone, then they changed respawn rules so that we can't fall with drop pods inside bases anymore, they created more obstacles, huge walls to help defenders... then they suddenly give everyone the possibility to have Gate Diffuser + AMS and to completely ignore the no-deploy zone.

This is crazy, it looks like they have no idea about what they're doing and I don't think they realized the impact this is going to have on our gameplay.
  8. Rubius

Galaxies used to have AMS capabilities back in 2012. It was a total disaster with the Hex system. It might work out now that we have a Lattice structure, so I'm willing to give them a second shot. I'm confident SoE will remove them if they present the same problem they did last time.
  9. XStormfire962

I like what I see is in this patch. Especially what has been done to the Sundy.
  10. Tentakewls

It looks like you have no idea of wtf you are talking about, so I'd advice that you remain quiet.
    • Up x 1
  11. Eccentricity

Now here is a patch that's moving in the right direction!
  12. DireSwift

I've been gone for a year or whoever long it's been since launch and I don't know the big deal about a lot of this stuff but good to see it's still getting tons of work. I became obsessed with this game again last night and waiting forever to get back on. Of course I pick patch day to come back :p
  13. Dramonicous

You may just wanna avoid weekends all together...
  14. Ghosty11

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it isn't true.
  15. Mormomboy

My thoughts exactly.
    That is why I try a patch before complaining about it.
  16. Mormomboy

It is 5 minutes to redeploy into a squad owned vehicle if it is closest spawn to squad leader.
    You can always deploy near your squad, the only time it could be an issue is if you just joined a squad, and need to get to them. Use your 5 minute squad redeploy.

Once you are with your squad, you can always just select the best place to spawn.
  17. Mormomboy

You have to use squad deploy to deploy into squad owned vehicle and this has a 5 minute cool down.
  18. Mormomboy

You have to use squad deploy which has a 5 minute cool down.

So it looks like they took your advice, and instead of updating test server, they just put it on the normal server.
  19. WMDeath

Sunderer AMS + Gate Diffuser = Total Madness
    :DDD
  20. Shoot4Life

Am i alone in the case that it takes ages to log in stuck at 98%?