Strange lag issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jaxxx, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jaxxx

I will log into the game, and its very slow logging in.
    When I finally get into the game, everything is stop and go, people warping all over my screen, I look at the mini map and the dots are still then suddenly they all jump all over the map only to hold still again.
    Its almost like I am lagging way behind then suddenly catch up only to lag behind again, in a constant rinse/repeat cycle.
    I deleted my user.ini file, it helped out then the next day when logging in it did it again.
    I have also tested this out on other games right after I experience this issue and have no latency issues with the other games.
    Also validated all my game files, there are no issues there as well.
    Not sure what course of action to take next
    • Up x 9
  2. starlinvf

Where do you live, and what server are you connecting to?
  3. Jaxxx

Upstate, NY
    Connecting to Mattherson.
    Been playing since Beta, never had this issue before.. I called my isp and they say everything is running perfectly. And like I said, only Planetside is doing this. After trying out about 5 - 6 other games, no issues at all..
    • Up x 1
  4. Fatal1o1

I also connect from upstate New York and am experiencing the exact same issues. Massive warping and packet loss. Huge latency always seems like i am a second or two behind everything. I started a support ticket yesterday on this issue. Hopefully they will figure it out. It takes like 5 min just to log in to the server. Who is your ISP?
  5. Brandmon

Warping, from my experience, is caused by router issues.

Try turning it off and on again.
  6. Fatal1o1

Thx for your Input Brandmon but it's more than just a rebooting your router issue. This issue is an ISP or a Sony issue. I do not have this problem on any other game server other than PS2.
    • Up x 2
  7. Jaxxx

Im using Verizon Fios,
    Im also in the Syracuse/Rochester area
    The issue doesn't happen all the time, but now that you mention it, I get it mostly during prime time. May have to give Fios a call.
    Like You said as well, Ill switch to another game, and theres no issue at all, I get back onto PS2 and there it is, people warping, sound happening but nothings going on, its just 1 big slide show that changed every 5-10 seconds
  8. Fatal1o1

I have the same .....Verizon Fios. I have done Trace Routes and ping tests. During the trace route which lists the routing you take to the server ip and back to you. There are a few issues when you get out of New York. Nothing drastic to cause all the lag and packet loss though.
  9. Liquidnailz

I am having same exact issue on matherson. I'm on Verizion Fios in New Jersey. I am fine in other games.
  10. Corona9071

Im also having the same problem for the past 2 days, FIOS in NJ. Rebooted twice, Ran a file validation, deleted user.ini and problem still persists. Noissues with other games. I5 3rd gen, 8Gb @ 1600MHz, 660TI, Matherson server
  11. NoctD

I've noticed and seen the same thing. But it actually started happening for me yesterday evening, before the update. It was affecting me on Waterson only though, not Connery. Ping times are in the teens and I'm in the US East Coast, NJ, on Fios too.

I've seen it today on the PTS as well. And I know that server is in the same location as the US East servers.

Edit - just tried Mattherson, since its up too, same problem.
  12. Hotbeefinjection

I'm also having the same issue. This started last night and other games work fine. Logging in takes several minutes and the game lags by several seconds.

Reinstalling didn't help. I'm using Verizon FIOS in NJ, trying to play on Matherson. Pinging the server IP gives a result <50ms.

Edit: Opened a ticket and linked to this thread.
  13. Moki11

Same issues here in Bayonne,NJ with my isp verizon fios. I played this game for the first three weeks and the game runs fine but I noticed the lag spikes started 2 days before the current patch. But I also noticed that I got planetside 2 from steam and also counter strike global offensive and guess what happened when I tried playing CS? It was also lag spiking but just a little bit. How about you guys?
  14. Liquidnailz

Just hotspotted my laptop to my phone and game is running fine. But on my fios connection ,its unplayable right now.Verizon 4g for the win.
  15. mcurry

Same here, NJ, Verizon FiOS, weird delayed event issues. I haven't seen in other games, but I haven't played CS.
  16. Moki11

So the main commonalities is most probably our ISP provider which is Verizon Fios is the possible source of the problem. Agree?
  17. Qberticus

I have this same issue. Yesterday on Test and now today on Mattherson. I'm also on Verizon FIOS in North NJ.
  18. Hotbeefinjection

Agreed. Seems that all we can do is alert Verizon/SOE and join the ESF fun another day :(
  19. mcurry

Yeah, I even tried making a character on Briggs, in Australia, same thing. Called Verizon, but of course they weren't much help, and I of course filed a support ticket with SOE. Anyway, they brought the East Coast servers down a little while ago, so who knows? I've found this thread that had some actual ip addresses to ping and tracert on: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/eu-server-ip-address-has-changed.156749/
    But there of course may be others.

I've also noticed when I first login my BR, Station Cash, and Membership status are all at zero when I first log in, which syncs up later with another server, and it returns to the correct values. Certs are okay. But maybe SOE account information is somewhere else, and talking to THAT server (instead of Mattherson, etc.) is the real culprit on FIOS.

All I've been able to gather so far.
    • Up x 1
  20. ThePenguin

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue, live in Northern NJ with FIOS and the game is pretty unplayable. This was actually happening to me the day before the patch too, sometime around midnight-ish. Had absolutely no problem downloading the patch though.
    • Up x 1