Miller NC overpop since new year.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strikejk, Jan 15, 2014.

1. huller

only a matter of time, NC is FoTM and we all know Robin is a prime example of the fourth faction
  2. faykid

I made a VS toon on Miller couple of months ago, played for a couple of days trying to support my fellow zealots. The very first time I logged on, an alert started and then ended in 10-20 minutes with TR domination.

I looked at the map and at the pop stats, and I was overwhelmed. And the yell chat... Well, let's say TR were not gracious winners. Absolutely blind to the fact that they had clear advantage.

Carma.
    • Up x 5
  3. Xasapis

Maybe you can do what the VS have been doing all along and go after the good fights, since the notion of winning the overwhelming odds is unlikely.
    • Up x 2
  4. Raap

I'm enjoying the more target rich environment.

But since this is a complaining topic: Could faction jumpers stop certing into Vanguard Shields? It's really disruptive to my farming sessions. :(

(No, don't tell me to find a random gunner for my Prowler, they do not exist.)
  5. Irathi

Oh they do exist, but are much more likely to fire that Halberd at liberators or ESFs...
  6. JOups

oh boy... get over it.

Honestly. I LOVE the new POPS and i dont care that VS had 40 % last night.
    While we had Overpop, it was hard to search for a fight, no its easy to find them, anywhere. And thats great. There are small ones, and there are huge cluster *****.
    Next I think its fair. we had it lon enough, no its turn for the NC.

BTW no all the 4th factioneers hoping to the others, so only the loyal one stay, and those people count.
    More swapping to NC and VS means more puppies to shoot at
    • Up x 1
  7. Goretzu

The issue is it isn't "massive overpopulation" though.

Currently NC Miller rarely if ever breaks 39%.

For more than 8 months of this year TR Miller use to break 40-50% every single night (TR Miller was actually at 47% yesterday morning! :eek: ).

Certainly NC Miller is currently often (but not always TR and even VS have the most as often as not) the slightly more populous fation............ but it is nothing (absolutely nothing) like the TR's geuninely massive overpopulation for most of 2013 was.....

And yes it is most amusing to hear Miller TR complain about it! :D
    • Up x 2
  8. Xasapis

I didn't play last night. I did check the population charts and I've noticed a few interesting things.
    • NC have been dominating population every single day this past week during prime time.
    • VS population is consistently the lowest during prime time.
    • After 1am, every single day, population of the NC and TR (but especially TR) plummets, while VS stays high, to the point of overpop during those early morning hours.
    I can't yet tell why the populations shift the way they do. It would be easy to say that VS have more adults (who can stay online later at night) and be wrong about it. I doubt age distribution is uneven between faction. The more likely reason is a timezone preference between factions, aka countries on the western side of Europe like TR more, while countries on the eastern side like VS more.
  9. blampoet

funny you'd put words "SCEV" and "cooperation" in the same message
    • Up x 1
  10. Bankrotas

Since both TR and VS like to fight NC on Miller, I think it's fine to have overpop. Every ******* time I check map to find out, why we're losing, I see multiple (3-6) 25-48 or 48+ fights with NC on one side and TR/VS on other, while checking TR and VS fights, I rarely see them break 48+ most of the time.
    • Up x 1
  11. Maverick-Hunter

You certainly can have the 4th factioners back, we never wanted them. Also I can not understand what suddenly made us NC so desperately attracting to think we are OP?
    Yes we have suddenly the most population, but that is in SOE's hands to change-while they think of a good solution we simply need to get over it.

Maybe that is just me , but this will be an repeating cycle over and over and over and over and over and over again...until SOE finally finds a solution for population Balance. I mean with that it may now be NC that are overpopulated in this month, february is it the TR again, March the Vanu...it wont stop as long as SOE doesnt find a solution.
  12. faykid

Far as i know, a lot, a lot of Russians joined TR on Miller back in the day. They even have large Russian outfits there. It seems natural for a Russian guy to join TR, it's like some sort of cliche. To cut it short, I blame us, Russians.
  13. Xasapis

And yet, it is VS that have more people during your prime time. How do you explain that?
  14. Goretzu

I'd like a perfectly balanced server myself, but indeed after 2013 and Miller TR (having 45% server pop on average through it) it is hard (probably impossible) to feel much sympathy when they are mildly outpopped by 3-5% for a few weeks.
  15. Xasapis

Vanu never had overpop in the history of the server. If you want to look at it worldwide, it seems that NC have more people during winter time (the exact same trend same time last year), while TR are overpop during summer time.
  16. Bankrotas

Eh, you mean 15-19 GMT ? Afaik, TR have more people at that time.

I specifically remember VS pop being 35+ up to Magnerf,
    • Up x 1
  17. ncDieseL

NC was warpgated on Indar last night, on the north gate... Explain that if we are overpop?

Face it, OP got creamed by an organised platoon and blames it on overpop. Not seen a 40% pop for any faction on Miller during prime time. Sure, it might happen in the quiet hours, but it's smaller player numbers so percentages get skewed it a bit easier.
    • Up x 1
  18. phreec

OH SH--!

Quickly, everyone reroll TR on Miller!
    • Up x 1
  19. Goretzu

That is the other issue on Miller, VS and TR will only fight each other (7 times out of 10 at least) if it is impossible to get at any NC. :D

It's easy to see this graphically on most Miller maps, NC stuck in a corner, the rest of the map split 50:50 VS/TR and 90% of VS/TR continent population attacking NC. Makes for good fights though. :)
  20. Xasapis

Nah, these were the times where every faction was pretty much equal. We used to be one of the most balanced servers in the game back at the time when the game launched.
    I call that BS. It was hard NOT to fight TR on Miller. In fact, fighting TR on Miller was pretty much all we could do to the point of utter boredom.
    Indar is one of the continents where the population cap makes things a bit more even, most of the time. Getting the Northern warpgate does not prevent warpgates. In fact, it is easier to get wapgated compared to the other two sides. If two enemy zergs are moving towards the North side of Indar, it is less likely that they would bump to each other (one moving upwards from Quartz Ridge and the other from the Mao lane) than if you were in the SE or SW corner, where places like Crossroads and others can become huge three way clusters and prevent 2vs1 side warpgating.
    • Up x 2