The Lightning not doing it for you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpaceKing, Jan 12, 2014.

1. SpaceKing

2. M2_Bradley

What's it's maximum speed?Exactly 1kmpy(kilometer per year)?Also,I can imagine 30 engineers running behind it.
  3. Robes

mmm looks good
  4. Bindlestiff

Now if each of those hatches was a place for a person having to drive the tracks on their section, with a 5th in the gun, now we are talking.

I can hear the arguments in proximity chat now.
    • Up x 7
  5. Goretzu

Supposedly something to do with alerts isn't it?

Either way I smell the same problems that plagued BFRs on the horizon. :(
    • Up x 2
  6. Goden

Are you implying that SOE possibly maybe doesn't know how to handle balance properly?

Naaaaah that never happens..

right guys?
    • Up x 4
  7. Syrathin

It looks impressive but the trouble with having the biggest tank on the block is everyone will stop what they're doing and dedicate themselves fully to seeing it destroyed.
    • Up x 1
  8. Goretzu

Well to be honest they were in a bit of a no win situation with the BFRs in PS1; they listened to everyone or tried too, and in the end no one was happy.

I just hope they have a clear design path for this and have thought everything through. :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Syrathin

That would be the best conversation ever....

• Up x 9
  10. RogueVindicare

All I have to say is; If the driver of this thing also control the main gun, I will quit this game immediately.
  11. Pikachu

Each track can detach itself and become it's own vehicle. :D As an escape mechanism when the tank is about the die.
    • Up x 2
  12. Chella

1. I'm sure this will be at a heavy resource cost, but I'm hoping this won't be open to everyone, and you will need X amount of MBT kills before you can buy it with Certs (or SC).

2. The design looks horrible. Not futuristic at all. Would have preffered if it looked (but didn't act) similar to the old BFR's.

3. Can we please have more Empire Specific designs.

4. Oh, and the lightning definitely does it just fine for me ;)
  13. Tekuila

People need to get over BFRs already, I'd love too see them i mementoes. This fame needs walkers.
  14. Iridar51

Unless it takes a combined resources of a full crew (like 450+ from each one) to just summon this thing, I'm gonna be very displeased.
    • Up x 1
  15. Epic High Five

If SOE wants to make it a truly punishing resource cost it needs to be 750 infantry. Mechanized and air are a joke to 95% of the game and would just end up with half the game pulling a 750 resource beast a couple times an hour.

Also, it would completely invalidate the Vanguard's niche as big tough brawler, and it doesn't HAVE a secondary niche to fall back on. I love my Vanguard too much to see her shipped off into the night - the Harasser made a joke of the Magrider and was consequently nerfed hard, so please SOE take this to heart when releasing this tank so the absolute dominance of this thing is canon for 6 months until it is addressed formally.
    • Up x 1
  16. TomaHawk

Making it an Infantry resource requirement when this is clearly Mechanized is lame. Either Mechanized or a special, new, tech pool.
    • Up x 1
  17. TomaHawk

And for TR, I suggest adding 10 severed Vanu and NC heads to the resource requirement before being allowed to pull out one of these beasties. And I'd like to stick them on spikes to decorate my Colossus. No more stupid helmets, I want NC/Vanu cadavers.
    • Up x 1
  18. Klondik3

I doubt there will be combined crew payment but you do bring a good point. If the tank will have 6 weapon slots then even max cost of 750 mechanized resources would be way too low. I think devs realize this so chances are we won't see this vehicle before resource revamp in which all three resource types will be reduced to one type.
  19. Crackulous

Transformers, robots in disguise.
  20. Roland2TowerCame